Refs | The Boneyard

Refs

Reaction Score
Conference should be embarrassed that was awful, just like it’s been all year

Reaction Score
i put msu vs osu on briefly, guy drove to the hoop - him and defender bumped hard the whole way there. In that 10 second stretch, aac officials would have called 39 fouls.
It somehow got worse since my post. Atrocious the entire game.

Reaction Score
I've had gripes all season.. but this game just seemed incompetent

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Even with those bad calls this game wouldn't have been a contest if James, Jalen and Isaiah played as well as they have recently.

Josh, Brendan and Sid played in similar manner to recently.

And then there were those two guys who have been slammed for most of the season. They carried this team to victory in spite of the calls and the off game of several players. That's the story. We lose this early in the conference season.

Reaction Score
Even with those bad calls this game wouldn't have been a contest if James, Jalen and Isaiah played as well as they have recently.

Josh, Brendan and Sid played in similar manner to recently.

And then there were those two guys who have been slammed for most of the season. They carried this team to victory in spite of the calls and the off game of several players. That's the story. We lose this early in the conference season.
I don’t think at this point you can say that CV has been slammed for most of the season... let’s roll the hyperbole back.

PWS

Reaction Score
How about Hightower’s 5 step walk to the basket. Whaley gets out of his way as he is falling down & it gets called for a foul. The game was over there. I will say over this season, the officiating has been terrible, but I can’t say UConn is consistently getting screwed. It has gone both ways, but it has been as bad as I have ever seen.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
For years this complaint has been raised. Most often in the wake of a loss.

The standard rejoinder has been, "You have to play well enough that bad calls aren't the difference." (Or words to that effect.)

Today, the refs were atrocious, throughout. Several times we were about to crack it wide open and crappy calls opened the door for Tulane. In the recent past, that might have been enough to have turned the game.

The mental toughness that has been coached into this team is very apparent.

We played well enough that the bad calls were not the difference.

Reaction Score
Whining doesn't change anything, so quit your bitchin'

Reaction Score
How about Hightower’s 5 step walk to the basket. Whaley gets out of his way as he is falling down & it gets called for a foul. The game was over there. I will say over this season, the officiating has been terrible, but I can’t say UConn is consistently getting screwed. It has gone both ways, but it has been as bad as I have ever seen.
This was bad. I also thought the fourth foul on Adams was one of the worst calls ever. Defender had his right foot in the air with his left foot on the arch and they called a charge.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Refs have been bad all year. I notice it elsewhere in college hoops as well. I have also noticed that the Big 10 let's 'em play - I prefer that approach.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I think college refs are bad in general. Bilas had some interesting comments in the Duke/NC game. My opinion is if you fall down you get the call, they always call charges and they make it close to impossible to get on ball turnovers if your the team trying to come from behind. AAC is worse than the big boys but the refing is bad overall. I try not to complain because I don't see bias I see mediocrity.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
y'all missed the no call on coach. late in the game, jgaff is sitting on the floor near the check in. coach changes his mind, call him back. as jgaff is walking behind him, coach inadvertently bumps him near his leg. jgaff's head snaps back, exactly like almost every player these days on the floor in ball (ugh) --no call! outrage! (can't wait for the replay to see that one again.)
turrible.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I
y'all missed the no call on coach. late in the game, jgaff is sitting on the floor near the check in. coach changes his mind, call him back. as jgaff is walking behind him, coach inadvertently bumps him near his leg. jgaff's head snaps back, exactly like almost every player these days on the floor in ball (ugh) --no call! outrage! (can't wait for the replay to see that one again.)
turrible.
I noticed this too haha. It was like reflex reaction. I think gaff was smiling after.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I thought UConn was on the short end of a number of calls this season in the AAC. Not sure if that was a going away gift so to speak from the conference. I will add that the foul calls have been about as bad as I have ever seen in the last 40 years.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I

I noticed this too haha. It was like reflex reaction. I think gaff was smiling after.
replay is up. 17 secs to go, Hightower about to shoot fts for the '5 step walk' which, of course, somehow ended up as a foul on whaley. lots of funny stuff on that play. down goes Gaffney! (not really, but at least he's learned the head snap move. lol.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom