Refs jobbed UConn tonight. Disgraceful. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Refs jobbed UConn tonight. Disgraceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope the refs are graded on their calls because there are Dads refereeing youth league games that do a better job. There were some blatant homer calls tonight.

Reaction Score
When you don't know what you are talking about, shut up.

The reason intelligent basketball people have a problem with the way Duke games are officiated is because Duke is a stationary jump shooting team, and has been for 20 years. They don't play more aggressive than their opponents, so they shouldn't be getting the calls they get.

As for tonight, you are sounding like an entitled fan who is ranting against UConn from his couch because the team is not winning. The refs were a problem tonight, as the announcers said repeatedly on the broadcast. Stop arguing that they weren't.
Go to Providence and camp out at BE headquarters. I'm trying to bring some sanity to this board. Refs lost this game? Seriously?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I hope the refs are graded on their calls because there are Dads refereeing youth league games that do a better job. There were some blatant homer calls tonight.

If an official called a youth league game like tonight, most leagues would never let that official work that league's games again.

Reaction Score
refs were atrocious no doubt. all our players were getting handchecked, and stanford was super aggressive on the glass. home cooking simple put.

Reaction Score
who is this skiblets dude trying to talk hoops. stay over there bruh

Reaction Score
It was a tight game for more than 30 minutes. The officiating worked against UConn's effort to hold onto or build a lead by killing momentum, limiting/eliminating opportunities, altering personnel and affecting style of play. I counted several obvious fouls on UConn. Stanford wasn't robbed once. They even reversed calls at UConn's expense (my replay works just fine). The officiating kept UConn in check, which eventually created the space Stanford needed to pull away. Was the officiating the sole reason UConn lost? No (we had plenty of self-inflicted missteps), but it gave the other team an unfair edge to have the game fall in their favor.

Reaction Score
who is this skiblets dude trying to talk hoops. stay over there bruh
James..PM me and we can talk. I love the pigskin but ....well just PM me bruh

Reaction Score
Rebounding and turnovers were the difference. Not the 3-4 fouls that weren't called. Maybe they lose by only 8 if they were.

Reaction Score
Outside of Brimahs 5th and a couple no calls on some drives we had the refs weren't the problem. The team was just flat offensively and soft on the glass. Boat also didn't play well and we don't have anyone to pick up the slack if Boat isn't scoring ~20 pts and doing all the other Boat things he usually does.

Reaction Score
We got outrebounded by 2 to 1 tonight. Wasn't even close. Team is soft. You can hate me for not blaming the refs but the reality is that this team is soft on the boards which leads to extra possessions which leads to more fouls. Jesus...you really want to blame the refs for this?
Soft teams foul a lot?

Reaction Score
If Nelson isn't straight shredding the team the refs must've sucked.

Reaction Score
Our guards are not rebounding like they did last year and that is a problem. The shot goes up and no one reacts to it they just watch from outside the 3 ball line. Less hungry Huskies this year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Currently being outrebounded 42-23. Offensive rebounds 16-3. 16 to flipping 3. Refs have been bad on both sides. Blaming refs is fools gold. 42-23. Team is soft

yes the rebounding differential is huge
BUT go back and rewatch some of the Offensive rebounds they got- ball bouncing their way, at least 7 over the backs, at least 5 times the Stanford cro magnum pushed or held on lower back of UConn players (KF twice on consecutive plays). ive been going back to see how they got all those and my son and I are amazed

Reaction Score
I'm not watching football, are you?

The announcers are railing against the refs
Yes we got more than our share of bad calls but Stanford would have flat out beat us anyway. Stanford beat us at all phases of the game and some bad calls aren't going to change that.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yes we got more than our share of bad calls but Stanford would have flat out beat us anyway. Stanford beat us at all phases of the game and some bad calls aren't going to change that.

You can never say that the officiating didn't matter when our big guy did foul out and shouldn't have, and their big guy didn't foul out, and should have.

caw

Reaction Score
Go to Providence and camp out at BE headquarters. I'm trying to bring some sanity to this board. Refs lost this game? Seriously?

It actually is easier to rebound when you can make contact with an opposing player to "box out" and not get a foul called. I'm not saying that's the whole of the issue but it is part of it.

Reaction Score
Consider that UConn had a higher field goal percentage and a higher three-point percentage and, even with the rebounding edge, Stanford only had 6 more total attempts. In points scored from the floor, Stanford had, wait for it, a whopping two point advantage. However, Stanford went to the line 18 more times than UConn. . .They won it at the line and it had more to do with sheer volume than foul shooting prowess.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
you are a frustrated fool. the refs played a huge part in the outcome. go back and look at the offensive rebs they got. look at the holds, the bad bounces, the times that big dolt held or pushed

Reaction Score
Just wondering if non P-5 conference teams are just automatically going to jobbed by P-5 refs.

It doesn't work like football, where officials are assigned a single league. Officials work more than one league, usually a region. One of the guys working the game last night worked the UConn-Tulsa game too. They weren't "Pac 12" officials. Most guys work both P5 and non-p5 leagues.

Plus, usually the contract signed by the teams will stipulate which team gets to bring officials. Remember the Arizona game at Gampel in the 2001 season? The officials were all from the western part of the country and worked mainly Pac and WAC games and when UConn went back there in 02, they were guys who mostly worked BE and A10 games.

Reaction Score
All of these games we lost this year there are good reasons. It's the refs, KO not
work in' the refs, soft rims, hard rims, game time too early, game time too late, XL center no good, KO divorce, can't close recruits, big men coach no good, yeah that's the ticket.........

Reaction Score
Sorry but you hardo's who like to never blame anything on the refs because you think it makes you a big tough guy can sit down. The refs were miserable tonight. You can't talk about the stats over the entire game when we played it with 1 hand tied behind our back. Brimah played about 8 minutes right? Nastic bumped him hard every time a shot went up and never got called for a thing, on offense, he'd spin his arms into brimahs on a pivot and brimah would get called for a foul. Boatright got fouled on numerous drives that I didnt necessarily see, but I believe the commentator who is supposed to be unbiased yet was talking about how many calls they were missing on our end all night.

The rebounding margin.... yes we likely would have been outrebounded, but by far our tallest player didnt get any because he couldnt spend 3 plays on the court without being whistled for a foul.

We shot our 3's lights out, we were making some mistakes but this was a definitely winnable game. Taking our big effective C out of the entire game, as well as forcing our guys to have to change their mentality on D because of the foul troubles changes everything. Yes our team made mistakes, every team makes mistakes every game, but did the refs give us completely miserable unfair uneven treatment? YES YES YES

This season has had many games that felt this way, and over and over it feels like the basketball gods swinging luck. We get a countless number of breaks to make runs to championships, and then sometimes this kind of crap happens, but not being honest about it and trying to talk tough about your team doesn't make you any tougher, it just makes you unable to be honest with yourself and others.

Have fun UConn ref apologist hard azzes

Reaction Score
Sorry but you hardo's who like to never blame anything on the refs because you think it makes you a big tough guy can sit down. The refs were miserable tonight. You can't talk about the stats over the entire game when we played it with 1 hand tied behind our back. Brimah played about 8 minutes right? Nastic bumped him hard every time a shot went up and never got called for a thing, on offense, he'd spin his arms into brimahs on a pivot and brimah would get called for a foul. Boatright got fouled on numerous drives that I didnt necessarily see, but I believe the commentator who is supposed to be unbiased yet was talking about how many calls they were missing on our end all night.

The rebounding margin.... yes we likely would have been outrebounded, but by far our tallest player didnt get any because he couldnt spend 3 plays on the court without being whistled for a foul.

We shot our 3's lights out, we were making some mistakes but this was a definitely winnable game. Taking our big effective C out of the entire game, as well as forcing our guys to have to change their mentality on D because of the foul troubles changes everything. Yes our team made mistakes, every team makes mistakes every game, but did the refs give us completely miserable unfair uneven treatment? YES YES YES

This season has had many games that felt this way, and over and over it feels like the basketball gods swinging luck. We get a countless number of breaks to make runs to championships, and then sometimes this kind of crap happens, but not being honest about it and trying to talk tough about your team doesn't make you any tougher, it just makes you unable to be honest with yourself and others.

Have fun UConn ref apologist hard azzes
Finally someone said this.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
NOT ONE FACTOR.
Our guys handed their guys the ball an awful lot.
We rebounded lousy.
The officiating sucked.
Our champion struggled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members