Red Sox - Yankees | The Boneyard

Red Sox - Yankees

Reaction Score
Are they ready to rumble?! Could be a big series in determining momentum for the rest of the year. If the Yankees win 3 of 4 or sweep, the Sox might not recover. The Yankees already have won 4 of the first 5 and although trailing in the standings could get a great morale boost. Their big problem - starting pitching. Their big assets - tons of power and run-scoring ability.

If the Red Sox win 3 of 4 or sweep, the Yankees could be buried. The Red Sox big problem is lack of power. They tend to go through long stretches with little to no offense. As for me, I am guessing they split. What do you think?

Reaction Score
Quite a win for Sox in opener. Stole one.

Chapman is not the same --- no command.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
More like was given one. I'll take it. Glad to see you back on board, 60's.
The Sox have played 10 more road games than home to date. The starters are looking good. They played well in Houston. Feeling pretty good about the Old Town Team.

Reaction Score
Chapman is either hurt poor has the old "tired" arm syndrome not the same. Nonetheless having to play Torreyes instead of Castro was the major reason the game was a loss, both in the field and at the plate.

18 blown saves? Unheard of. Even Betances is an unknown heading out to the mound scary 8-9 instead of the old domination of game over, not the same. But for you guys a win is a win, take them as they come we all get them.

Oh but can the homer scorekeeper really stop with hits crap - Pedroia's in the 9th is NOT a hit it's either an E-6 or and FC period. He's out early with a good throw or at first if Didi sets and throws. I mean please I get it's Pedey but can they be an "official" scorekeeper? lol

Reaction Score
Very painful loss last night. Sale with another masterful game pitched only to have Kimbrel of all people blow it in the ninth. The Sox lack of hitting was on full display. 8 hits and one run in 16 innings. Were they facing Cy Young??!!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I mean please I get it's Pedey but can they be an "official" scorekeeper? lol

No comment on the Pedey hit, but that's one of the baseball rules I thinks stupid. There's zero problem with having an independent score keeper. So why not do it?

These Yankees/Sox games are still fun, but nothing like 10-20 years ago. The young stars make nice foils--Betts/Judge Bogaerts/Sanchez--for each other. But none of them are unlikable. I mean, Sox fans don't have anyone to hate. There's no Paul Oneills, Arods, Clemens, etc. For the Yanks, there's No Pedro, Schilling, Ortiz or whomever. I mean, what are you gonna do, hate on Chris Sale? For what?

Reaction Score
No comment on the Pedey hit, but that's one of the baseball rules I thinks stupid. There's zero problem with having an independent score keeper. So why not do it?

These Yankees/Sox games are still fun, but nothing like 10-20 years ago. The young stars make nice foils--Betts/Judge Bogaerts/Sanchez--for each other. But none of them are unlikable. I mean, Sox fans don't have anyone to hate. There's no Paul Oneills, Arods, Clemens, etc. For the Yanks, there's No Pedro, Schilling, Ortiz or whomever. I mean, what are you gonna do, hate on Chris Sale? For what?

It's not a hit period, not close. What's stupid about not making the right call on a play in the field? The home team can't have an official scorer if he's a homer.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It's not a hit period, not close. What's stupid about not making the right call on a play in the field? The home team can't have an official scorer if he's a homer.

That's exactly what I said.

Reaction Score
Very painful loss last night. Sale with another masterful game pitched only to have Kimbrel of all people blow it in the ninth. The Sox lack of hitting was on full display. 8 hits and one run in 16 innings. Were they facing Cy Young??!!

No Severino and he was pretty damn good too! The fact they didn't score against Clipart is all you need to know, he hasn't gotten anyone out in the last month.

CC looked like CY too LOL.

Neither team could hit let's be honest. As long as we're going to send out 3-4 rookies with Torreyes and Headley in the lineup the Yanks will struggle offensively.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
No Severino and he was pretty damn good too! The fact they didn't score against Clipart is all you need to know, he hasn't gotten anyone out in the last month.

Neither team could hit let's be honest. As long as we're going to send out 3-4 rookies with Torreyes and Headley in the lineup the Yanks will struggle offensively.

In fairness, nobody can hit against Sale. Doesn't seem to matter the lineup.

The Sox lineup is hot/cold. Often go how Hanley goes. He's Ortiz super-light. With DO in the lineup, Hanley was far, far better, and so the Sox went. Hanley just can't fill those shoes on his own.

Reaction Score
In fairness, nobody can hit against Sale. Doesn't seem to matter the lineup.

The Sox lineup is hot/cold. Often go how Hanley goes. He's Ortiz super-light. With DO in the lineup, Hanley was far, far better, and so the Sox went. Hanley just can't fill those shoes on his own.
Actually both Hanley and Mookie were much better with Ortiz in the lineup. His position in the lineup determined, in many cases, what pitches they would see. Plus with him around, they did not feel like they had to "carry" the team. They definitely need a power guy but Dumbrowski hasn't figured that out yet.

Reaction Score

Headley hit .375 in the last series against the Sox. But I agree with you.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
That play by JBJ on Judge. Wow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member