OT: Red Sox - Indians game tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Red Sox - Indians game tonight

Reaction Score
One of the craziest games I've seen in years - had everything except for a bench clearing brawl...unreal catch by Jackson too.

Nunez and Devers have revitalized the lineup. Nunez is a perfect Fenway hitter and Devers just looks like he's going to be a stud. Great eye at the plate, can hit to all fields and has great pop. I thought I saw that going into yesterday he had the #2 exit velocity behind Judge...obviously only 30 plate appearances or whatever but regardless the ball just flies off his bat. His throws will make it an adventure at times in the field, but very few players are perfect.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That was a GREAT catch, simply one for the ages. The game itself, awful pitching and lots of runs is entertaining but ugly also. We at least know that both teams closers aren't reliable and to give up a bomb to that stiff tells you all you need to know about Cody Allen. The Indians have been hot offensively but need to get the pitching in order. The Yanks are going to Cleveland and they way they are hitting they can cure the Indian pitching woes. Hopefully Sonny Gray and Jaime Garcia have solid starts and keep the runs down.

Kimbrel's been really reliable. He set the franchise record for consecutive converted save opps (37) this year. Like the rest of the team, he's been mildly rocky lately, but he's still 25 or 29 on the season. Boston's bullpen isn't much to sniff at, but I'm not worried at all about Kimbrel.

Reaction Score
One of the craziest games I've seen in years - had everything except for a bench clearing brawl...unreal catch by Jackson too.

Nunez and Devers have revitalized the lineup. Nunez is a perfect Fenway hitter and Devers just looks like he's going to be a stud. Great eye at the plate, can hit to all fields and has great pop. I thought I saw that going into yesterday he had the #2 exit velocity behind Judge...obviously only 30 plate appearances or whatever but regardless the ball just flies off his bat. His throws will make it an adventure at times in the field, but very few players are perfect.

He almost screwed them by not getting back to the 3rd base bag at one point on a bunt to the pitcher. Rookies gonna rookie. He looks professional at the plate, though.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Price will be back. I actually suspect someone has talked to him and he may come around. The guy that needs to go is Farrell. What a lousy manager. Has been bad since day 1.

I was at the PawSox game the day before Devers was called up. He had two nice hits against a very tough lefty pitcher, but made a throwing error. Still, you simply can't waste resources bringing in a mediocre 3B who will do nothing but block the kid's path. Glad Dave made the move.
I have to give you both a like and a shout out for this. Farrell is awful. Every year he costs them a minimum of 8-10 games with both moves and non-moves, and with nonsense lineups. As a former pitching coach he's supposed to be able to handle at least that. But no. Really sad they let Lovullo get away to Arizona.

Reaction Score
I have to give you both a like and a shout out for this. Farrell is awful. Every year he costs them a minimum of 8-10 games with both moves and non-moves, and with nonsense lineups. As a former pitching coach he's supposed to be able to handle at least that. But no. Really sad they let Lovullo get away to Arizona.

Any sox win is won in spite of Farrell

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
He almost screwed them by not getting back to the 3rd base bag at one point on a bunt to the pitcher. Rookies gonna rookie. He looks professional at the plate, though.

He's going to be a 1B after Hanley's deal expires.

Reaction Score

Kid can hit and he's one of those hitters perfect for Fenway. He's good enough and smart enough to use that wall and has already. While Ive made fun of the short monster and pop ups that become doubles, if you are fighting off pitches as a really good hitter (papi,boggs) and you happen to get a double off what should be an out because you can, he's one of those good enough and smart enough it would seem to use that option. Looks to be really good. Funny thing is he's not one of those stud looking players instead more like Tony Gwynn, if he hits like him that's fine too.:D

Lots of young kids who have immense talent on both teams in in the systems, there's going to be some excitement for a while with these 2 which is only a great thing for baseball.

the Q

Reaction Score
Why does Hanley play 1B? LOL

This is his second year at 1b. They should've signed him and left him st 3b and ignored panda? But he has multiple shoulder issues that hinder his ability to throw.

Reaction Score
This is his second year at 1b. They should've signed him and left him st 3b and ignored panda? But he has multiple shoulder issues that hinder his ability to throw.

He's been DH nearly 80-90% of the games no? Hardly seen him there. His body has changed dramatically since he was a SS for the marlins doubt he could play anywhere else anymore, I'm sure he couldn't. ARod was a great SS until the body "change" too but he could never have played SS for at least his last 5 years.

the Q

Reaction Score
He's been DH nearly 80-90% of the games no? Hardly seen him there. His body has changed dramatically since he was a SS for the marlins doubt he could play anywhere else anymore, I'm sure he couldn't. ARod was a great SS until the body "change" too but he could never have played SS for at least his last 5 years.

His shoulder was hurt this year. That's why.

A-rod should've been the shortstop in 04 and beyond for a while. But he also bulked up playing 3b. It was incredibly selfish of jeter to not move.

Hanley could've played 3b, he wasn't bad at short his last year in la but these shoulder issues end that stuff.

Reaction Score
His shoulder was hurt this year. That's why.

A-rod should've been the shortstop in 04 and beyond for a while. But he also bulked up playing 3b. It was incredibly selfish of jeter to not move.

Hanley could've played 3b, he wasn't bad at short his last year in la but these shoulder issues end that stuff.

Incredibly selfish of a 1st ballot HOFer? Hmmm don't think I agree on that one. Hanley couldn't play 3rd at all, he's decent at first though I guess when he feels like going out there. Pretty sure he's got the Papi syndrome though and is very happy DHing.

the Q

Reaction Score
Incredibly selfish of a 1st ballot HOFer? Hmmm don't think I agree on that one. Hanley couldn't play 3rd at all, he's decent at first though I guess when he feels like going out there. Pretty sure he's got the Papi syndrome though and is very happy DHing.

Staying at ss deapite being the clearly inferior defender and doing what's best for your ego over the team?

Pretty sure that's the definition of selfish.

Reaction Score
Staying at ss deapite being the clearly inferior defender and doing what's best for your ego over the team?

Pretty sure that's the definition of selfish.

Not clearly at all when ARod arrived and 2-3 years in ARod was incapable of being a SS.

Disagree definite Sox fans view

Reaction Score
Hanley played a good 1B last season. Obviously hit better too, with the dogs days here he's going to see a lot more time there so Farrell can attempt to keep more players fresh but still in the lineup.

Reaction Score
Lol the Yankees don't even have the best fan base in a New York

Reaction Score
Nice, bounce me on your lap and tell me stories about those '27 Yankees from all the games you went to back then.

Weak, but I will play.

In my lifetime: 7 > 3

But I will pass on bouncing you on my lap....not that there is anything wrong with that.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Weak, but I will play.

In my lifetime: 7 > 3

But I will pass on bouncing you on my lap....not that there is anything wrong with that.

One appearance in the last thirteen years...that's pretty historically awful for the Yankees franchise, no?

Reaction Score
Nice, bounce me on your lap and tell me stories about those '27 Yankees from all the games you went to back then.

You guys are really ignorant. As UConn fans we talk about sweet 16's, Elite 8's and FF's with NC's. As Yankee fans, which by the way I have witnessed more than any of you I am quite sure of that LOL, we talk about playoffs and WS champs and visits. Since '96 we've been in the running until the bitter end most every year with a couple we'd soon rather forget. How's that going for you guys?

I promise you, unless you're 22 years old it's not close. I don't need Dimaggio Ruth or Gehrig to kick your a** so please don't even go there. I could care less about the 27 I care about the many I have witnessed along with the year in year out visits to the playoffs. Granted not enough lately but to even try to make us feel like we don't belong with you jokes is laughable at best. Again, you guys are funny suddenly baseball in the northeast is owned by the Red Sox fan, LOL hilarious stuff.

Reaction Score
One appearance in the last thirteen years...that's pretty historically awful for the Yankees franchise, no?

C'mon you're too young to even be in this argument are't you? Baseball didn't start in 2004 Stair, do you need a history lesson?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
C'mon you're too young to even be in this argument are't you? Baseball didn't start in 2004 Stair, do you need a history lesson?

It's a different world than it was pre-2004, try to get with the times man!

Reaction Score
It's a different world than it was pre-2004, try to get with the times man!

No it's not - baseball has the same distance from the mound to the plate, the base paths, the wooden bats, balls with stitches and home plate. It started way before you were a drop down dads leg my friend and since '76 it's still played within the lines. Fenway hasn't changed in how long 100 plus years? It's still a pop up for double and a 150 foot throw for the left fielder to 2nd base. Nothings changed, you need to get with the times youngster!

;) Stair all good

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom