OT: Red Sox - Indians game tonight | The Boneyard

OT: Red Sox - Indians game tonight

Reaction Score
What an amazing game. Definitely the best baseball game I've seen this summer.

These pitchers all got shelled: Chris Sale, Carlos Carrasco, Andrew Miller, Addison Reed, Craig Kimbrel, and Cody Allen. That alone would comprise a fantastic pitching staff.

Austin Jackson with potentially the catch of the year.

Kimbrel blows a save, the Sox strike out with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th, and reach on a passed ball. Then one of the worst hitters in baseball crushes a 3 run walk off bomb off of Cody Allen.

Reaction Score
That was one of the strangest games I've ever seen. The starting pitchers had their worst games of the year. A Jax catch was one of the best I've ever seen. None of the pitchers could find the plate and when they did they were throwing meatballs. Indians had the game won but the catcher couldn't come up with it. I knew with everything that happened the Red Sox would win on a walk off. Games that are that bizarre seem to always have a crazy ending.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Unpopular opinion: I can't relate to a sport that has 160+ game regular season. 1 game out of 160... who cares? Wake me up in September (oh wait, that's when football starts, nevermind).

Reaction Score
That was a GREAT catch, simply one for the ages. The game itself, awful pitching and lots of runs is entertaining but ugly also. We at least know that both teams closers aren't reliable and to give up a bomb to that stiff tells you all you need to know about Cody Allen. The Indians have been hot offensively but need to get the pitching in order. The Yanks are going to Cleveland and they way they are hitting they can cure the Indian pitching woes. Hopefully Sonny Gray and Jaime Garcia have solid starts and keep the runs down.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Unpopular opinion: I can't relate to a sport that has 160+ game regular season. 1 game out of 160... who cares? Wake me up in September (oh wait, that's when football starts, nevermind).

They have professional help for ADD these days, y'know.

Your loss. Greatest game ever invented.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
We at least know that both teams closers aren't reliable and to give up a bomb to that stiff tells you all you need to know about Cody Allen.

Happens to every closer. I once watched Clint Barmes and Michael McKenry hit back to back doubles to give Chapman a blown save - the first ER he'd allowed in 24 appearances that season.

Reaction Score
Happens to every closer. I once watched Clint Barmes and Michael McKenry hit back to back doubles to give Chapman a blown save - the first ER he'd allowed in 24 appearances that season.

Oh I don't trust Chapman. He was throwing 98-99 for a while now he seems to have the 100-103 back which is important. But there aren't many #42's anymore where you're 95% sure game over.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Christian Vasquez is hitting ~.280 and is probably the team's most reliable hitter when they need a big hit, at least lately. Definitely a bizzare game. Could not believe it when I turned it on in second and Sale was down 5-0. I think Devers was just the "acquisition" the Sox needed. I wish we got Gray though because I have a feeling Price may never pitch again for the Red Sox.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Christian Vasquez is hitting ~.280 and is probably the team's most reliable hitter when they need a big hit, at least lately. Definitely a bizzare game. Could not believe it when I turned it on in second and Sale was down 5-0. I think Devers was just the "acquisition" the Sox needed. I wish we got Gray though because I have a feeling Price may never pitch again for the Red Sox.

Price will be back. I actually suspect someone has talked to him and he may come around. The guy that needs to go is Farrell. What a lousy manager. Has been bad since day 1.

I was at the PawSox game the day before Devers was called up. He had two nice hits against a very tough lefty pitcher, but made a throwing error. Still, you simply can't waste resources bringing in a mediocre 3B who will do nothing but block the kid's path. Glad Dave made the move.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
They have professional help for ADD these days, y'know.

Your loss. Greatest game ever invented.

Bingo.

Not to mention baseball actually has more action than football, whcih has a play every 40 seconds. Baseball has a pitch about every 20 seconds.

but it people want to watch an inferior product, especially the modern era of football, more power to them.

especially when the guy everyone wants to prop up makes Bonds not only look clean, but likeable.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Price will be back.

If he gets TJ, he's not opting out. Otherwise he has to throw well next year to justify a financial opt-out.

Otherwise he'll have to suck it up for another few years in boston. Or pitch so well that they can deal him.

Reaction Score
A game that ends with the Red Sox winning is by default a terrible baseball game.

Reaction Score
Yeah Vasquez actually leads the AL in batting average at a players home ballpark with at least 50 at-bats.

Reaction Score
27 > 8

That said, must have been a great game to witness in person. Hell, it was a great game on television.

Reaction Score
Not a Red Sox fan, but my wife got tickets to the game through work, so went to my first game at Fenway in a few years.

Absolutely great game for a ton of reasons. The 9th inning was wild, high scoring and a few lead changes, 6 homers, the amazing robbed HR catch, 2 runners thrown out at the plate, big name pitchers getting shelled, not a ton of stranded runners.

Plus the fish sandwich at Island Creek was on point before the game.

Reaction Score
Then one of the worst hitters in baseball crushes a 3 run walk off bomb off of Cody Allen.
I know you did this for effect, but Christian Vazquez this season is far from "one of the worst hitters in baseball."

I'm a Sox fan but I think Sox and Yankees fans can agree that both teams are very flawed. The Sox are only where they are because the Yankees aren't that good either and the Yankees are where they are because the Sox aren't very good. The AL East stinks this year.

Reaction Score
The Yanks must be having a good year. Because when they suck their fans don't even engage.

Not true. We engage with fans of teams on our level. As soon as we find some, we will be active. :)

Any season when the Yankees and Sox are fighting it out for the division is a great season. I am just messing around.

Reaction Score
The Yanks must be having a good year. Because when they suck their fans don't even engage.

Edit: the Yankees have always sucked and will forever suck, for they are the Yankees and the Yankees suck.

Reaction Score
I know you did this for effect, but Christian Vazquez this season is far from "one of the worst hitters in baseball."

I'm a Sox fan but I think Sox and Yankees fans can agree that both teams are very flawed. The Sox are only where they are because the Yankees aren't that good either and the Yankees are where they are because the Sox aren't very good. The AL East stinks this year.
He's 230th out of 281 batters with 200+ PAs in OPS+, so yeah he's pretty damn bad. And last year he was even worse. His batting average is solid, but he hits for very little power outside of this recent 5 game stretch.

Batting average alone doesn't make someone good on offense, but I don't want to open a can of worms here.

Reaction Score

You guys would know that with so many of those years occurring huh? We didn't stop talking all that much from '96 quite honestly. Please, ridiculous statement. All fans are the same you guys sucked for a year nothing from any of you chest beaters on the baseball board.

You and Guapo can go to a Sox game and lead the "Yankees Suck" chant Waq, have fun!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom