Recruting thread | The Boneyard

Recruting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
2012 Recruits:
After some digging around...here are the ones that I found. Please add or update if they are wrong. Perfect Game is not updated with some of these guys such as ONeal, Goosens, Nastisi.

Bryan Daniello SS, Norwalk, CT / Baseball U
Bryan Goosens RHP, Wilbraham, MA
Max McDowell C, N. Huntingdon, PA / Mid Atantic Canes
Matt O'Neal SS, E Longmeadow, MA
Vinny Sienna, SS, Woodbridge, CT / Baseball U
Matthew Dariano RHP, Yonkers, NY / Baseball U
Michael Niegro LHP, Hillsdale, NJ / Baseball U
Bob Melley 1B, Boston, MA / East Coast Grays
Christian Colletti LHP, Rockvelle Centre, NY / Baseball U
Willie Nastasi RHP, Cape Cod, MA / East Coast Grays

Reaction Score
Yep. I saw it on the old site. Just wanted to add the newbies. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Yep. I saw it on the old site. Just wanted to add the newbies. Thanks.
Good info regarding Nastasi. He's a 6'5" righty who was 6-0 for his senior Babe Ruth team that won the New England championship. I couldn't find out how they did in the nationals, however. Bob Melley was the leading hitter batting .465.
Some good talent on it's way.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Future is looking up. The next 3-5 years will be crucial in establishing Connecticut baseball as a top 25 program and not just a top 25 team. If Penders can string together a couple more years like the last two, he will go a long way towards showing that you can win with New England talent and good coaching.

Overcoming the loss of Blood on the staff will prove to be a challenge. I'm looking forward to the next couple of years.

Reaction Score
Pres. Herbst, in a radio interview stressed the importance of the hoops practice facility. She estimated the cost around 30mil. She added improvements to baseball & soccer facilities would increase the tab to around 50mil.
I do believe Pendergast would like the baseball team to play more games in the minor league parks in Bpt., N. Britian & Norwich, too.

Reaction Score
Pres. Herbst, in a radio interview stressed the importance of the hoops practice facility. She estimated the cost around 30mil. She added improvements to baseball & soccer facilities would increase the tab to around 50mil.
I do believe Pendergast would like the baseball team to play more games in the minor league parks in Bpt., N. Britian & Norwich, too.

Reaction Score
Upgrades to the fields would be great. Where will that kind of money come from? Basketball rules here. That's the bottom line. Non revenue sports can't pay for state of the art facilities. SEC programs have gate fees and tons of fans willing to pay. I don't think we have it yet.

Reaction Score
Upgrades to the fields would be great. Where will that kind of money come from? Basketball rules here. That's the bottom line. Non revenue sports can't pay for state of the art facilities. SEC programs have gate fees and tons of fans willing to pay. I don't think we have it yet.
From what Herbst said 30 of the needed 50 mil would be for hoops. The other 20 mil would cover baseball, soccer and other sports.
There probably will never be a market for a 2,500 seat arraingment in Storrs during late March and most of April. But, with success, the fans will come when the weather breaks.

Reaction Score
I was just named the College placement coordinator at the IMG Baseball Academy in Bradenton, Florida (Where DeAndre Daniels went).

Look forward to sending studs to Mr. Penders & Co.

Reaction Score
I was just named the College placement coordinator at the IMG Baseball Academy in Bradenton, Florida (Where DeAndre Daniels went).

Look forward to sending studs to Mr. Penders & Co.
Didn't LJ Mazilli attend IMG? Keep em coming............

Reaction Score
Didn't LJ Mazilli attend IMG? Keep em coming............

Yes Mazilli did attend, we will have probably the best high school team in the nation this coming year. Incredible how much talent is down here. I'll be running the Junior Varsity program as well.

Reaction Score
Yes Mazilli did attend, we will have probably the best high school team in the nation this coming year. Incredible how much talent is down here. I'll be running the Junior Varsity program as well.
Keep us informed about those who might consider UConn

Reaction Score
uconnsouth, do you guys play Jesuit HS? That would be an amazing game to see with all the talent that both teams have

Reaction Score
Nolan Long, who UConn was looking at, committed to URI. Long is a 6'9" pitcher from Waterford. Apparently, he was impressive during the summer previous to his junior year. I don't believe he pitched all that well this past summer in the AAU circut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom