Recruits | The Boneyard

Recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All this talk about Sam Brunelle and her commitment to the ☘️. The sky isnt falling. All this speculation if the huskies backed off or vise versa. These are young ladies and there going to go where there heart tells them. As huskie fans we have been customed to winning and getting the very top recruits. The huskies are not going to get every single top recruit or number #1 player every year. The fact everyone is panicking over 1 missed player is in my opinion childish. We come across as being spoiled. Sam committed because it was the school she wanted to go to...it’s simple as that. Who we get is who we get. The sky isn’t falling. We forget people these are high school kids making a very big decision. Congrats to Sam and every other player who is blessed to have the opportunity to commit to any program and play a sport they truely love no matter what program it is even if it isn’t UCONN. Go Huskies!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There really was never an issue about where Sam was headed. UCONN knew she wasn't coming to Storrs, and the "word" is UCONN never offered her a scholarship. Those fans who fretted about it, had no such information. Hence the worry. But she was ND bound from moment one. It " hurts " more when a big name goes to the new national champ, and it is our biggest rival.

UConn often takes a different path to fame. Sometimes ( most often ) it works.

We are all hyper about this because we have lost on freaky, " big shots," in overtime, two season in a row. Shots we used to make, but haven't made in two consecutive seasons.

We are hyper about not getting a big name player because we really only have one star from the last two recruiting seasons. To clarify, Crystal is the only legitimate star in the last two years. We all hope Megan will become one, but she is miles away at the moment. Molly and Kyla never will be stars, and it is highly unlikely any of the other bench players will be either.

So we are worried about the future. It looks like rough waters ahead, and we are used to smoother sailing.

Rolling the dice on incoming freshman, or "commits" for 2019 is risky business.

But we'll be in the race, for sure.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
There really was never an issue about where Sam was headed. UCONN knew she wasn't coming to Storrs, and the "word" is UCONN never offered her a scholarship. Those fans who fretted about it, had no such information. Hence the worry. But she was ND bound from moment one.
Clearly not!
" ESPN ranks Brunelle as the No. 1 sophomore girls basketball player in the country. Auriemma arrived in the Central gym during player introductions and sat on the William Monroe bleachers.
January 11, 2017.

Brunelle leads Dragons past Falcons in front of UConn coach | News, Sports, Jobs - The Northern Virginia Daily

Reaction Score
I wish we all could get past this Brunelle thing................her going to ND is hardly the end of the world..............my only reason for disappointment was that she was supposedly a UConn lean at one point..............OK, life goes on.....................time to worry about Jones, Boston, Amihere etc

Reaction Score
So let the speculation end....verbal commitment to
Follow tomorrow for all the top players to Notre Dame!! Let’s just end all recruiting and send them all to the Irish!! Kids live in social media period If there so big on the Irish why wait and just commit now... if Sam has pull in recruiting then the Irish are going to have many issues making players happy. Just cause a kid makes a tweet doesn’t mean it’s a sure thing... people need to relax.

Reaction Score
So let the speculation end....verbal commitment to
Follow tomorrow for all the top players to Notre Dame!! Let’s just end all recruiting and send them all to the Irish!! Kids live in social media period If there so big on the Irish why wait and just commit now... if Sam has pull in recruiting then the Irish are going to have many issues making players happy. Just cause a kid makes a tweet doesn’t mean it’s a sure thing... people need to relax.

Let's see how the Irish deal with having a target on their backs for a change..........I suppose if Baylor or Oregon beat them in the semi-finals next year it will be ND's turn to flip out

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I interpret that tweet to mean SB is ND bound.....if she chose VA PB would have said VA bound.....no?

Only Brunelle is "Notre Dame bound" at the moment. The other two are just a liiiitle too rah rah over it for my liking.

Reaction Score
Clearly not!
" ESPN ranks Brunelle as the No. 1 sophomore girls basketball player in the country. Auriemma arrived in the Central gym during player introductions and sat on the William Monroe bleachers.
January 11, 2017.

Brunelle leads Dragons past Falcons in front of UConn coach | News, Sports, Jobs - The Northern Virginia Daily
Was it around the 1st of the year that Brunelle took a unofficial visit to UConn? If so, there are a couple things sticking out to me and maybe I’m missing something. Why would a kid and her parents take a trip on their own dime to UConn IF they don’t have an offer? And IF Auriemma had no intention of offering, why would he bother having them come up? For a kid rated that highly, I would think the communication had been pretty clear prior to that visit. I realize the borderline prospects tend to get slow danced while the coaches work on their top targets but not a kid at this level. Any thoughts?

Reaction Score
Clearly not!
January 11, 2017.

How does Auriemma watching her play 16 months ago prove anything? Of course he is going to get a look at her and do his due diligence, the fact that UConn never offered her a scholarship is more indicative that she already had her mind made up where she was going.

Reaction Score
Only Brunelle is "Notre Dame bound" at the moment. The other two are just a liiiitle too rah rah over it for my liking.

I have said all along that Brunelle, Bueckers, and Fudd are all going to ND. Some people just don't want to believe it but the signs sure do point that way.

Reaction Score
I have been surprised over the past few years that ND did not get more top players. Muffet clearly deserves them.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
How does Auriemma watching her play 16 months ago prove anything? Of course he is going to get a look at her and do his due diligence, the fact that UConn never offered her a scholarship is more indicative that she already had her mind made up where she was going.

She was offered. UConn seemingly cut the cord late in the game, but she was offered.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Not being sarcastic -have you considered not reading the Twitter feeds of teenagers to save yourself some anxiety? These are 16 years olds. They change their minds more often than some change their socks, which is perfectly normal. It just seems you’re looking for things to get yourself all wound up.

Wait a minute! Wait a minute! Isn't that why we are here?? ;)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Wrong.

Reaction Score
I have said all along that Brunelle, Bueckers, and Fudd are all going to ND. Some people just don't want to believe it but the signs sure do point that way.
So if they do then they should just tell the other schools so they can focus on other players and move on. Why string coaches along for the next 2-3 years!! Commit now and call it a day!! Love how people on this board think they know everyhing and can determine years from now what a kid will decide....

Reaction Score
And lastly who cares it’s done she made a decision... all the talk doesn’t matter.. UCONN obviously backed off Sam for a reason... we will never know, the coaching staff are the best in the business so I will take there word over the people on this board. Move on people UCONN isn’t entitled to get every top player. UCONN will be ok and if for some reason there not life still goes on. There are plenty of talented kids in the next couple of years in the recruiting ranks that have UCONN on there lists of schools... UCONN will be fine trust me!!! In GENO we trust!!!

Reaction Score
The old Brunelle thread was mercy-killed only to rise from the dead and shamble along with a new name, eh?
Actually my post was not about Brunelle so much but to show some positivity that everything in UCONN land will be ok.. that was my intentions period!! Have a good day all.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So if they do then they should just tell the other schools so they can focus on other players and move on. Why string coaches along for the next 2-3 years!! Commit now and call it a day!! Love how people on this board think they know everyhing and can determine years from now what a kid will decide....
They may not be 100% sure or maybe the parents/coaches have advised thorough research to be sure. Or maybe, because they’re 16-17 year old kids, they’re enjoying the travel and attention from famous coaches and players. Wouldn’t you? Who can begrudge them that experience?

Reaction Score
All this talk about Sam Brunelle and her commitment to the ☘️. The sky isnt falling. All this speculation if the huskies backed off or vise versa. These are young ladies and there going to go where there heart tells them. As huskie fans we have been customed to winning and getting the very top recruits. The huskies are not going to get every single top recruit or number #1 player every year. The fact everyone is panicking over 1 missed player is in my opinion childish. We come across as being spoiled. Sam committed because it was the school she wanted to go to...it’s simple as that. Who we get is who we get. The sky isn’t falling. We forget people these are high school kids making a very big decision. Congrats to Sam and every other player who is blessed to have the opportunity to commit to any program and play a sport they truely love no matter what program it is even if it isn’t UCONN. Go Huskies!!!

Didn't we feel the same way about A'a Wilson and Lauren Fox?

We survived, just fine... Now, just grab those two PGs from Texas A&M and let's reload.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The old Brunelle thread was mercy-killed only to rise from the dead and shamble along with a new name, eh?
Huh? What's wrong with you? You should be grinning ear to ear as I would think that turnabout is fair play...I mean wasn't McGraw's Bench apoplectic over Megan Walker choosing UConn? We can certainly lament some more if want, regardless of how irrational it is...:rolleyes:

While I too, wanted Baby Bru, my perusing over at "the Bench" convinced me early in the year she was head to ND. I am already onto the next best thing...Congrats ND and let the games begin!!!

Reaction Score
I wish we all could get past this Brunelle thing......her going to ND is hardly the end of the world....my only reason for disappointment was that she was supposedly a UConn lean at one point....OK, life goes on......time to worry about Jones, Boston, Amihere etc
The real reason for disappointment here is that ND has, for the moment, seemingly replaced UCONN as everyone's number one choice. It is further exaggerated by the fact that UCONN, on a relative basis, has had some pretty average recruiting classes of late. Crystal has emerged as a star, and maybe Megan will, but we used to do better than 2 out of 7. Or, at least, that is the perception. And the transfer of AEH to Mississippi State, of all places, was demoralizing. She, along with Megan, was the real talent in that group of recruits. I think we are also all suffering from the end of the unrealistic "run of perfection" that UCONN enjoyed. We used to get all the top stars we coveted, and they played up to their reputations.

We are also lamenting the end of UCONN Lady Husky BB for a long, long year. And making up things to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom