Recruits for Memphis Game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Recruits for Memphis Game

Reaction Score
Hurley’s already recruiting for 2024 so how is it too early to think about 2021?

It's too early to worry about 2021. Every coach recruits top kids. What's your point?

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
My opinion as of today; Bouk has a better shot at being 2 and gone than Akok. If James continues to improve I can't see him staying more than 2.
If DH continues JC's recurrent theme of not going after 2 unless you are a lottery pick. Don't go at 3 unless you are alock for the first round. It's not just Bouk's skill that should determine if he goes at 2 or 3, but his competition as to when he will get drafted.

Reaction Score
This was a plus plus game for recruiting.
Full house.
Beating a talented league and national opponent in a close game.
Plenty of former Husky greats on hand and next to recruits.
Game allowed Hurley to show off his, let’s say, involvement.

The Akok injury silenced the building. I sit in 115 behind the bench. I focused on Donovan Clingan who was totally focused on all the goings on and saw how much this team honestly loves each other. The deep hugs given young Akok by teammates, team officials and heart-breakingly coach DH were enough IMO to sway any recruit who is seriously considering becoming a Husky.
(Mr. Clingan, BTW all you Chicken Littles, had an ear to ear smile on the entire game)
I am so sad for Akok but this tragic slice of life shows what people are made of. If I were a recruit or his Dad I would take great notice of the true love our program exudes for its own.

Reaction Score
This was a plus plus game for recruiting.
Full house.
Beating a talented league and national opponent in a close game.
Plenty of former Husky greats on hand and next to recruits.
Game allowed Hurley to show off his, let’s say, involvement.

The Akok injury silenced the building. I sit in 115 behind the bench. I focused on Donovan Clingan who was totally focused on all the goings on and saw how much this team honestly loves each other. The deep hugs given young Akok by teammates, team officials and heart-breakingly coach DH were enough IMO to sway any recruit who is seriously considering becoming a Husky.
(Mr. Clingan, BTW all you Chicken Littles, had an ear to ear smile on the entire game)
I am so sad for Akok but this tragic slice of life shows what people are made of. If I were a recruit or his Dad I would take great notice of the true love our program exudes for its own.

Well stated! I believe that a CT kid would be proud to play in front of that home crowd with those teammates by his side and I'm sure dad would love to be part of that home crowd too. What a day for visiting recruits to be there, what a day!

Reaction Score
Before Bouk and Akok start thinking about leaving early, the should ask where Daniel Hamilton and Diandre Daniels are right now.
JB could also ask where is J Lamb right now. Neither DH nor DD had the talent of Bouk and neither were predicted to go in round 1 James isn't leaving if he isn't a first rounder but he’s showing lottery pick talent. I’d be surprised and disappointed in his development if he’s here after next year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
JB could also ask where is J Lamb right now. Neither DH nor DD had the talent of Bouk and neither were predicted to go in round 1 James isn't leaving if he isn't a first rounder but he’s showing lottery pick talent. I’d be surprised and disappointed in his development if he’s here after next year.

He needs to get stronger. Let's see what he does in the offseason. There were a ton of NBA scouts there last night, mostly for Precious, but no doubt Bouknight is on their radar. If he can add 15 pounds of muscle from now through next year and is our clear lead scorer next year in the Big East, maybe. But I'm inclined to think he may need one more year to get his body where it needs to be.

By way of example, Anthony Edwards is projected #1 right now. 6'5" (same height as James) but 225. No way JB is putting on that much weight, but he's 175 now.

Reaction Score
He needs to get stronger. Let's see what he does in the offseason. There were a ton of NBA scouts there last night, mostly for Precious, but no doubt Bouknight is on their radar. If he can add 15 pounds of muscle from now through next year and is our clear lead scorer next year in the Big East, maybe. But I'm inclined to think he may need one more year to get his body where it needs to be.

By way of example, Anthony Edwards is projected #1 right now. 6'5" (same height as James) but 225. No way JB is putting on that much weight, but he's 175 now.
Haliburton is about the same size as Bouknight and will be a lottery pick. I think James will be stronger next year but he doesn't need to be 225. (See Rip Hamilton).

Reaction Score
As far as Bouknight goes, he isn't listed on any mock drafts for 2021 (or obviously 2020). That doesn't mean he can't play his way into being a prospect for next year. But outside of our UConn bubble, which I'm admittedly a part of, Bouknight isn't seen as a two-and-done yet. And it sounds like the 2021 draft will be a strong one, due to this year's high school seniors and some international players. If Bouknight plays so awesome next year that he becomes a sure-fire first round pick, it's great news for the program. Otherwise, he might very well be on the three-year plan that was worked so well for UConn players and teams in the past. 2021 could be a special year.

Reaction Score
James needs to get stronger and he will but there are plenty of skinny young players in the NBA. It mostly comes down to natural talent and working hard to develop your skills.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Halliburton is about the same size as Bouknight and will be a lottery pick. I think James will be stronger next year but he doesn't need to be 225. (See Rip Hamilton).

I said that there is no way he would ever be 225. But he likely needs to get to 190-195.

Haliburton is a little heavier, and is PG. Even still the draft scouting reports say he needs to get stronger so he can guard NBA SG as well as PG. He also broke his wrist and is out for the year it seems.

Reaction Score
It's not one thing that makes you NBA ready. Can James be a good NBA player at just a few pounds heavier than he is today? Yes. But to do so, he needs to be at a much better level as a shooter. He's a terrific scorer, and has good basketball instincts, but he needs to be able to shoot the ball much more consistently.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
This is my first year with season tickets (XL only), but I’m definitely getting them again next year. Outside of the atmosphere, it’s been really cool watching the team grow and seeing past players came back. I’ve run into a few alum the last couple games and was able to get some pics.

Walked past Andre Jackson before the game Sunday but wasn’t sure enough to stop and ask him for a pic. Once I saw him on the big board I realized it was in fact the guy I saw.
FC485ACC-7179-4FEB-83F5-80E88FC0BADB.jpeg

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
This is my first year with season tickets (XL only), but I’m definitely getting them again next year. Outside of the atmosphere, it’s been really cool watching the team grow and seeing past players came back. I’ve run into a few alumnthe last couple games and was able to get some pics.

also so saw Andre Jackson before the game Sunday but wasn’t sure enough to stop and ask him for a pic. Once I saw him on the big board I realized it was in fact the guy I saw. View attachment 50972
E485B138-E915-4D35-A08B-7B6113898C0A.jpeg

Reaction Score
Before Bouk and Akok start thinking about leaving early, the should ask where Daniel Hamilton and Diandre Daniels are right now.
Yup. Hamilton never should of left early. I cud see Daniels because his stock was super high after we won. But Hamilton was a real
Head scratcher

Reaction Score
Hamilton never wanted to be in college and his brother was in the League, so he left. Everyone has their own story.

Would love to see/hear any reactions from the recruits in the stands. And how about that Andre dunk package? (gotta keep recruiting those commits, bc you know other schools prob haven't stopped!)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
DH and DD were talented in many areas but they lacked some areas, as does Bouk, but all 3 share a lack of something that does make a difference - an NBA body. If you want to play at the next level you have to have out of this world skill, something all 3 do not have, and if not, have to have an all around game with a body that will bang with the men playing every night.
Will Bouk bulk up without disrupting his speed or agility? Will his body handle the extra weight and muscle needed? His defensive foot skill is bad now, will the extra weight allow him to improve on his lateral movement? Sometimes a players skill is built for the body they have now and a change is not a good thing.
Bouk has the offensive skills and thinking to play in the next level but no way can he enter with his body now and I don't see it after next season either.
Lamd needed to bulk and it took him 3 full NBA seasons to get where he needed to be before he could be a meaningful contributor. He was lucky that the patience was with him - some guys don't get that opportunity.
I hope he stays the 3 plus years to be the best he can be.

Reaction Score
You're missing his point, he said it's too early to worry not too early think about 2021

but i never said i was worried i said it was curious

Reaction Score
24/7 has a writeup on Etienne's visits to Syracuse and UConn. Anyone know if there is any real insight there?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom