Recruits for Memphis Game | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Recruits for Memphis Game

Reaction Score
View attachment 50974
Lamb Freshman and Sophomore years
James will get stronger in the offseason, it’s a top priority for him and the staff. Much less worried about “will he be 195 by next season” and more just about overall strength even if it means he’s “only 180.”. I posted an article last week about this. Sal doesn’t really worry much about what his weight on the scale is. Way more about adding strength, quickness, explosiveness, etc so he can attack the basket and finish at the rim better/take bumps/hold up in defense. Lamb is listed at 180 currently. So thinking JB needs to add 20 lbs in an offseason is off base. Some guys don’t respond well to added weight, especially that quickly. Maybe I’m wrong, but I’d be shocked if he comes in that heavy for next season. He’s a smooth, long, explosive athlete. Following a similar trajectory to guys like Lamb, Rip, SGA etc etc makes some sense.

Reaction Score
He needs to get stronger. Let's see what he does in the offseason. There were a ton of NBA scouts there last night, mostly for Precious, but no doubt Bouknight is on their radar. If he can add 15 pounds of muscle from now through next year and is our clear lead scorer next year in the Big East, maybe. But I'm inclined to think he may need one more year to get his body where it needs to be.

By way of example, Anthony Edwards is projected #1 right now. 6'5" (same height as James) but 225. No way JB is putting on that much weight, but he's 175 now.
I see bouknight being very Kerry kittles-esque next year

Reaction Score
Train is off the tracks gentlemen. This thread is about potential future recruits.
Start a thread about bouknight estimated departure dates if u want so we can keep this one clean.

Who can summarize the kids that came, their games, UConn etc etc?

Thanks Viking I keep checking in and seeing Bouk is still a recruit. I will admit he sure helped recruiting Sunday and a few games prior. They all may want to be James.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom