recruits & BCS | The Boneyard

recruits & BCS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How long do we have until we loose our first recruit who wants to play in a future BCS conference....

If we don't get into the ACC our football investment is down the tubes

Reaction Score
We need to stop panicking and have confidence in our athletic programs. We've won many national championships.

Reaction Score
We need to stop panicking and have confidence in our athletic programs. We've won many national championships.
we have, but not in the sport that matters

Reaction Score
we have, but not in the sport that matters
Football just brings in the most revenue. We should have went with the D1-A level when Division 1 was divided into 1A and 1AA.

Reaction Score
How long do we have until we loose our first recruit who wants to play in a future BCS conference....

And you started a new thread for THIS??? Don't you think you're comment and conclusion are VERY premature?? NO ONE knows what the conferences will look like yet, and we are a long way from anything definitive. Why would you panic now?? To suggest our football investment is down the tubes if the ACC doesn't accept us has NO basis in fact...only pure emotion. UConn will NOT be left in the dust! Have some faith my friend!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And you started a new thread for THIS??? Don't you think you're comment and conclusion are VERY premature?? NO ONE knows what the conferences will look like yet, and we are a long way from anything definitive. Why would you panic now?? To suggest our football investment is down the tubes if the ACC doesn't accept us has NO basis in fact...only pure emotion. UConn will NOT be left in the dust! Have some faith my friend!

It's actually amazing that we haven't seen stories about the recruiting class falling apart yet. I'd question the sanity of any commit who has an offer from a school that knows they are in a BCS conference who doesn't take it.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think recruits as is the rest of the college football fans are waiting to see where the chips land. I still think UConn will end up in a BCS conference when all is said and done.

It's actually amazing that we haven't seen stories about the recruiting class falling apart yet. I'd question the sanity of any commit who has an offer from a school that knows they are in a BCS conference who doesn't take it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think recruits as is the rest of the college football fans are waiting to see where the chips land. I still think UConn will end up in a BCS conference when all is said and done.

There is a pretty big gap between 'think' and 'know. If it doesn't go down soon... they will get off a sinking ship.

Reaction Score
There is a pretty big gap between 'think' and 'know. If it doesn't go down soon... they will get off a sinking ship.
P has said UConn will be in a BCS conference. I am sure they are selling it to recruits.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
P has said UConn will be in a BCS conference. I am sure they are selling it to recruits.

So we play up the fact it's a good academic school, but expect to recruit kids who are dumb enough to believe that? Seriously, it's ridiculous to expect anyone in the class with a legitimate BCS offer to stay.

Reaction Score
So we play up the fact it's a good academic school, but expect to recruit kids who are dumb enough to believe that? Seriously, it's ridiculous to expect anyone in the class with a legitimate BCS offer to stay.
It is, but this what good recruiters do. Remember SU and Pitt aint leaving for 27 months possibly. I think this staff is up to the challenge, but it is a challenge to recruit in this environment. How tough do you think RU has it.? Putting together their best class in history possibly, with Pitt's old coaches, and boom right in the mouth.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It is, but this what good recruiters do. Remember SU and Pitt aint leaving for 27 months possibly. I think this staff is up to the challenge, but it is a challenge to recruit in this environment. How tough do you think RU has it.? Putting together their best class in history possibly, with Pitt's old coaches, and boom right in the mouth.

Yeah if you are a high school senior you'll play your redshirt freshman year with SU and Pitt in the league. That is if the one in ten possibility that Pitt and SU are around 27 months.

There is no staff in the world that can recruit against the cold reality of today. If they aren't in a BCS league on signing day there is no way to put together a BCS class.

If it makes it better that Rutgers is also screwed, then sure, they can't keep their class together either.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Seriously if you were a parent who wasn't a rabid UConn fan is there any way in the world you'd let your son sign with UConn if he had another BCS offer? Of course not.

Reaction Score
Seriously if you were a parent who wasn't a rabid UConn fan is there any way in the world you'd let your son sign with UConn if he had another BCS offer? Of course not.
You maybe over thinking this. Most classes are filled or pretty close to full due to all the early commits. Could we lose a couple? yes. Do I expect a mass exodus? No. The next couple of months will be telling.

Reaction Score
Man, quit being so damn negative already. When I was in school back in the 90s, the football team stunk really bad and the basketball team still kicked ASS! Now I watch it on TV every game in NYC and NJ. Anyways the football now is pretty damn good, and will compete in whatever BCS (90% ACC) conference it's in.

Relax, it'll all work out. UCONN football will probably win a BCS bowl game within the next 10 yrs, not just show up.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
You are adding way to much to this without knowing the end result. Step away from the ledge and chill out for a bit. Have a little faith

Reaction Score
The point is that not being in a BCS conference will affect recruiting. Remember it's all about money and exposure. This could affect the basketball programs too.

Reaction Score

Not everyone is glued to NCAA football message boards, believe it or not.

Reaction Score
if I was a young man from the north east being recruited by uconn, BC, RU, Maryland, cuse....Ru and uconn would have been eliminated from my list last night.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not everyone is glued to NCAA football message boards, believe it or not.

Oh, you need to be glued to a message board to know about this. I'm sure that coaching staffs from other schools would never target these kids.

You don't exactly have to be glued to message boards to hear that UConn is potentially screwed.

Reaction Score
Lotta quitters in this thread. Maybe y'all should pack up your bags and go home. Nothing to see here. Might as well give up. Obviously they're going to turn UConn into a giant parking lot.

Sometimes the panic on these message boards is sad.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Lotta quitters in this thread. Maybe y'all should pack up your bags and go home. Nothing to see here. Might as well give up. Obviously they're going to turn UConn into a giant parking lot.

Sometimes the panic on these message boards is sad.

How exactly is it quitting to deal with the potential reality. I have no control over the situation, so to say if X is true, Y will happen isn't quitting, it's observation.

Reaction Score

In about 20 minutes.

Reaction Score
How exactly is it quitting to deal with the potential reality. I have no control over the situation, so to say if X is true, Y will happen isn't quitting, it's observation.

Well you've already called any recruits who stay "insane" and "stupid" for waiting to see how things work out. Maybe you should just go ahead and call them and see if you can convince them to join up with Maryland or 'Cuse. Since obviously anybody who sees further conference shifting ahead is a big stupid idiot who needs their head examined.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well you've already called any recruits who stay "insane" and "stupid" for waiting to see how things work out. Maybe you should just go ahead and call them and see if you can convince them to join up with Maryland or 'Cuse. Since obviously anybody who sees further conference shifting ahead is a big stupid idiot who needs their head examined.

There will be, but why would you take a chance, you only get one shot and the system screws transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom