Recruits and team so far | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Recruits and team so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would like to fill at least 1 of those, because with 4 seniors next year, I don't want UConn to have to go after 6+ kids. Though if there was a year for a large recruiting class, 2014 would be ideal.

+1
We are players for a lot of decent talent in that class. Not saying a guaranteed contract would guarantee UConn 5*/4* talent in this class but it sure wouldn't hinder our chances with recruits knowing that there is a long-term deal for the Head Coach ...

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Facey is most regarded for UConn's current biggest weakness, rebounding. He has a high motor, he gets after it on the boards. He's raw as can be offensively, thin as a rail, and not someone you want handling the ball too much, but he'll get run if he can translate his boarding prowess in high school to the college game.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Warde doesn't want UConn to have recruits. We will have an all walk on team in 3 years.

Reaction Score
Im all for getting a juco big. So what's the difference between a player we recruit that had gone to 5 different high schools and a player that's getting help with his academics by going the juco rout.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
JMO but Facey is a bit different from Nolan. Facey is a bit more explosive, from what I have seen and Nolan has a better shot. Both need to get stronger. I think they could actually play next to each other fairly well, if they gain muscle.

Samuel will likely fill the role that Evans is currently playing. I don't know if that will be an upgrade or not next year, more because of the leadership/energy that Evans brings. Samuel has more potential and is a better athlete.

The potential of the team will depend more on internal development than Facey/Samuel, IMO. I don't think either is a game changer as a freshman, though both have a good amount of potential. If Wolf can continue to develop, Boatright settles into being a PG, Napier comes back and plays like he has been (or better), Calhoun works on his shot, Giffey/DD put it together, etc. Decent amount of talent and the added depth will help.

UConn could still add another recruit, but there are only a few game-changing recruits left and UConn isn't really in on any of them, ATM. No other recruit is likely to commit to UConn until the coaching situation is clear.

You also never know who might become available before next year. Montrezl Harrell is a perfect example of a last second recruit, he would have actually been perfect for this team, but didn't seriously consider UConn because of the sanctions. Coaching changes, 5th year seniors, transfers can all change the equation for recruiting.
But can Facey make a lay up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog