Recruiting | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
He didn't get offers from Florida, Xavier, or Providence. He did from dayton and rutgers.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/104890/jordan-fuchs

I didn't say he wasn't a d'1 player, I said that he wouldn't start for UConn....because he wouldn't lol
Though his first love was always basketball (no, he wasn’t named after Michael Jordan, says his father, Mike), Fuchs begun to realize that football might unlock more doors for him in the future when he attended camps at Rutgers and UConn last summer. At Rutgers, head coach Kyle Flood told Fuchs how uncommon 6-6 receivers are in football. Fuchs chose UConn, where he will play tight end, over Rutgers, Buffalo, and SMU, which offered him scholarships in both sports.

Fuchs turned down offers in basketball from Iona and Manhattan, according to Christ the King basketball coach Joe Arbitello, who supported Fuchs’ decision to play football. Fordham was just starting to recruit him in basketball.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high-school/fuchs-two-sport-star-article-1.1253965#ixzz2LLXtoLWy

Reaction Score
You're acting like walking on is some sort of activity. This is D-1 athletics. A full time commitment. There aren't enough hours in the day to play football and basketball at this level. He also wouldn't get those numbers playing prep against D1 prospects so take these stats with a grain of salt. Great kid, but football is his sport. He could be on a pretty solid D2 team probably for hoops

Fuchs is planning on doing it........and I didn't say it was an "activity" pal.........and if you can read I'm talking about 2 real good practice players (which is important in case you didn't know that) who could potentially help out down the road. These guys are both much better than the walk ons we have at this time........and no he wouldn't get those numbers against Divy 1 no one is asking for that!!:eek:

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I think UConn recruiting would be best served concentrating on 2 Boston Big Guys for 2013, who would give them everything UConn is lacking right now… Inside toughness…which would remind us of Okafor – Thabeet years!

Goodluck Okonoboh – Boston– 6’10” – VERY Athletic & Aggressive Shotblocker, Rebounder & Dunker.Very similar to Nerlens Noel.Apparently they are friends and they play& look similar. He would give UConn that “nasty” they’ve lacked lately. This kid can block everything... and dunk on everyone. A major UConn need.

Abdul-Malik Abu – Boston– 6’8” – Very rugged & strong PF. Kinda reminds me of Yancy Gates, Jason Maxiel or even Jeff Adrien type.They knock people around, do all the dirty work & can score down low, while picking up lots of rebounds. This kid has that inside, banging toughness! A perfect compliment to Okonoboh in the paint since they bring different skills.

Go YouTube these guys & you will see why.I think they are under rated right now, but schools will be all over them soon, including High Majors, if not already.I think UConn can get them, if Ollie puts more of an effort into getting them. Really, Ollie needs to get on these guys & show more interest before they go elsewhere.UConn is close enough to Bostonto keep them nearby.

As much as I am excited about Kentan Facey & Amidah Brimah coming in.Neither is an aggressive player offensively.Facey needs more meat & I think he can eventually play SF with his build, but he’s not really a scorer or rugged player. Kinda a skinny energy guy right now, but not a lot of skill outside defense. If he can develop, that's a bonus. I think he's more 6'8" than 6'9" though. Brimah needs a lot more development, while he can block some shots, he’s still VERY raw & will need more time to develop. He may not even play a lot next year, depending if Wolf is back. Hopefully someday he’ll develop into starting Center type, ala G.Deng from LVille… eventually! That said, Olander, Wolf & Giffey will have graduated by the time Okonoboh & Adul arrive, so the inside needs more than Facey, Brimah and Nolan.

I see UConn has offered Jahlil Okafor.I’d love him but I don’t think UConn is really on his list, unfortunately.

Reaction Score
im sorry, are u going by a espn recruiting profile and telling me what his offers were?

rotfl

He's not an SEC-caliber basketball player, hence no Florida offer. But don't get bogged down by facts when you can post your inane ramblings. It's not like you can seem like a bigger dipsh-t at this point.

Reaction Score
I think UConn recruiting would be best served concentrating on 2 Boston Big Guys for 2013, who would give them everything UConn is lacking right now… Inside toughness…which would remind us of Okafor – Thabeet years!

Goodluck Okonoboh – Boston– 6’10” – VERY Athletic & Aggressive Shotblocker, Rebounder & Dunker.Very similar to Nerlens Noel.Apparently they are friends and they play& look similar. He would give UConn that “nasty” they’ve lacked lately. This kid can block everything... and dunk on everyone. A major UConn need.

Go YouTube these guys & you will see why.I think they are under rated right now, but schools will be all over them soon, including High Majors, if not already.I think UConn can get them, if Ollie puts more of an effort into getting them. Really, Ollie needs to get on these guys & show more interest before they go elsewhere.UConn is close enough to Bostonto keep them nearby.

Goodluck Okonoboh and Oriakhi our cousins. I highly doubt he would consider UConn, considering what had transpired with Alex over the last year. Also, I think UConn would take a break from recuriting any kid from Tilton after all the headaches and drama and sense of entitlement Jamal and Alex had.

Reaction Score

I've not heard Okonoboh & Oriahki are cousins before. I believe he's said he was interested in UConn in the past. Who knows.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Okonoboh is a stretch I think. We have a much better chance with AMA. Pascal Chukwu and AMA will come to UConn before Goodluck will.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He didn't get offers from Florida, Xavier, or Providence. He did from dayton and rutgers.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/104890/jordan-fuchs

I didn't say he wasn't a d'1 player, I said that he wouldn't start for UConn....because he wouldn't lol

Rivals has him with a Xavier offer along with an Iowa St, Florida and a few others. He was a mid level basketball recruit. Very good athlete who rebounds well and can score inside. Nice player who has a higher ceiling at football.

Reaction Score
UCONN NATION PLEASE RELAX---JORDAN FUCHS WILL ADD TOUGHNESS AND ATHLETISIM HE IS A SKILLED BASKETBALL PLAYER (IN ALL PHASES OF THE GAME) AND IS A TOTAL TEAM PLAYER--
1ST HE HAD PLENTY OF D1 OFFERS MANY SCHOOLS STEPPED AWAY WHEN THEY KNEW HE WOULD PURSUE FOOTBALL (GOING BACK TO LAST YEAR) DONT GO BY WHAT WAS OFFERED--SAME AS IN FOOTBALL--HE ATTENDED TWO CAMPS AND PLAYED FOR A FOOTBALL TEAM THAT HAD NO FOOTBALL FIELD--THEREFORE HE DIDNT GET HIGHLY RANKED--CANT RANK WHAT U DONT SEE--
BOTTOM LINE HE IS A HUSKIE--AND HE WILL PLAY HARD--TRAIN HARD--AND WHEN HUSKIE NATION FINALLY SEES HIM ON CAMPUS, THEY WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED LETS TAKE IT EASY AND LET THE KID DEVELOP EVERY ONE WANTS INSTANT SUCCESS AND INSTANT RESULTS-----
REMEMBER HE IS A FOOTBALL PLAYER---FIRST---AND WILL WALK ON FOR BASKETBALL--ONLY WHEN HE FEELS HIS FOOTBALL TRAINING WILL NOT INTERFER WITH BASKETBALL--AND YES HE COULD WALK ON NOW AND PLAY FOR COACH OLLIE--

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
UCONN NATION PLEASE RELAX---JORDAN FUCHS WILL ADD TOUGHNESS AND ATHLETISIM HE IS A SKILLED BASKETBALL PLAYER (IN ALL PHASES OF THE GAME) AND IS A TOTAL TEAM PLAYER--
1ST HE HAD PLENTY OF D1 OFFERS MANY SCHOOLS STEPPED AWAY WHEN THEY KNEW HE WOULD PURSUE FOOTBALL (GOING BACK TO LAST YEAR) DONT GO BY WHAT WAS OFFERED--SAME AS IN FOOTBALL--HE ATTENDED TWO CAMPS AND PLAYED FOR A FOOTBALL TEAM THAT HAD NO FOOTBALL FIELD--THEREFORE HE DIDNT GET HIGHLY RANKED--CANT RANK WHAT U DONT SEE--
BOTTOM LINE HE IS A HUSKIE--AND HE WILL PLAY HARD--TRAIN HARD--AND WHEN HUSKIE NATION FINALLY SEES HIM ON CAMPUS, THEY WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED LETS TAKE IT EASY AND LET THE KID DEVELOP EVERY ONE WANTS INSTANT SUCCESS AND INSTANT RESULTS-----
REMEMBER HE IS A FOOTBALL PLAYER---FIRST---AND WILL WALK ON FOR BASKETBALL--ONLY WHEN HE FEELS HIS FOOTBALL TRAINING WILL NOT INTERFER WITH BASKETBALL--AND YES HE COULD WALK ON NOW AND PLAY FOR COACH OLLIE--
I gave you a like for this but no need to shout. Ir makes it harder to relax!:)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if any 1 here doesn't know that is jordans dad and hes been very kind to us here info wise. can't wait to see jordan in blue!

caw

Reaction Score
fwiw

fuchs- is 100% capable of walking on to uconn 2moro and starting at the 4. he was a big time bball recruit who chose fball dreams. if he does w/o to bball soph year like he wants to, he will be great deoth and get allen minutes in a snap when needed. may even crack the roatation. hes omar type play asap.

myers-kid gets a ton of boards. hes a huge d1 fball TE recruit lol. he plays for some smalls chool in upstate ct and his whole league is full of small schools i asume with a bunch of 6 foot 170 lb white kids. relax. hes would have trouble starting at a bunch of ll schools in the state let alone leading the league in boards. hes a great ath and hell of a fball player. thats it.

He wouldn't start this year. He could walkon.

EDIT: not to say he wouldn't play or eventually start in the coming years, but he wouldn't this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom