Recruiting web site | The Boneyard

Recruiting web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Take a look at this preliminary site. I intend to add targets once I determine how people prefer to see the info.

• How is the font size/type? I set it on on a PC that uses Firefox 5.0 and it looks OK but want to be sure it's OK for the majority of folks who see it.
  • Do people want an alphabetical listing or one by Offense/Defense or position?
  • Any other info that would be useful?

Reaction Score
great new look...so crisp and clean....first class stuff...Husky Nation will love it...very easy to navigate too...so far...

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I would like links to the scout/rivals etc pages for the recruits.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Is your avatar from "Chicago"?

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, I tend to think ESPN's rankings are more relevant than Scout's.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
OK, I'll just add another column with links to the various sites.

Do you want it alphabetical? That's just the commits for now but I do intend to add prospects later. Would it be better by offense/defense or position?

Reaction Score
It looks great to me. I would just do it by commit date, if it were me It's interesting to see earliest to latest commits. Also easier for you.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Makes me wonder if there's a way to put it on Excel and make it sortable. Hmmmm....

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
how about putting " *** " instead of "3 stars".

it'll make it more like home :)
I was actually going to hunt up some gifs to use.
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

Reaction Score
I was actually going to hunt up some gifs to use.
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

that looks awesome nan !!!

also, can we get the years prior listed as well ? maybe in a dropdown box, or just clickable links ??? i always enjoy looking back at previous years classes

Great work on everything !

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
also, can we get the years prior listed as well ? maybe in a dropdown box, or just clickable links ??? i always enjoy looking back at previous years classes
Previous classes? Sure, I'll see what I can put together but I've got a lot on my plate right now.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Not sure if it is feasible but given how many people on the previous forum talked about it, should we try to include a column with other offers that the recruit has had? Of course, that should only include "commitable" offers just to make sure we don't offend all those BCU fans.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Not sure if it is feasible but given how many people on the previous forum talked about it, should we try to include a column with other offers that the recruit has had? Of course, that should only include "commitable" offers just to make sure we don't offend all those BCU fans.
I'd like to do that. It should go in the last column where commit date is. i'll fiddle with it this weekend.

How is the font type? Too large or small?

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Font looks fine to me if a bit pedestrian (I'm no stylist however so have no suggestions on what else might be more exciting). I have one of those wide-screen monitors at work and the site actually fills it up from edge to edge which is great because I can see everything. Not sure how that adjusts to people with smaller screens but will find out tonight when I log in again from my laptop.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I asume the uconn scout board will still be around?

Yes. They have hired Ken Davis, former Courant sports writer to provide content. I am not sure if he will be running the site.

Reaction Score
is a "prospects" section do-able ???
im not trying to add too much, but im just thinking of what were all used to at tob

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
is a "prospects" section do-able ???
im not trying to add too much, but im just thinking of what were all used to at tob
Yes, I said in my OP that I plan to add the prospects. Right now I'm just trying to figure what people want to see.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I made some changes. I linked Zach Rugg's Scout profile so you could see what it looks like. Does that work for people? Do you want a column for the 40 time?

Preliminary web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger