Recruiting Transfers - April | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Recruiting Transfers - April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Here’s an interesting graphic. Honestly I totally forgot that Tre Mitchell was in the portal because his recruitment has been extremely quiet.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Here’s an interesting graphic. Honestly I totally forgot that Tre Mitchell was in the portal because his recruitment has been extremely quiet.

He could be waiting for more spots to shake loose on higher profile teams. Or his baggage is damping down interest.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
What baggage does he have?
He and his prep school coach, who is dating/engaged to his mother, were a package deal to UMass. When he put his name in the portal publicly, UMass decided to fire the coach, buying out the last year of his contract after giving him a raise earlier. Some speculation on the UMass board that they were trying to get the head coach fired and his mom's BF elevated to the head spot, by threatening to leave. Considering they haven't won squat in his 2 years it didn't work. Now whoever takes on Mitchell has to deal with his mom's demands. Supposedly she did the same thing at the prep school, as she moved up to Putnam with him when he attended there.

Reaction Score
He and his prep school coach, who is dating/engaged to his mother, were a package deal to UMass. When he put his name in the portal publicly, UMass decided to fire the coach, buying out the last year of his contract after giving him a raise earlier. Some speculation on the UMass board that they were trying to get the head coach fired and his mom's BF elevated to the head spot, by threatening to leave. Considering they haven't won squat in his 2 years it didn't work. Now whoever takes on Mitchell has to deal with his mom's demands. Supposedly she did the same thing at the prep school, as she moved up to Putnam with him when he attended there.
I knew his mom was dating a coach, but I didn’t know any of these details haha

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Duke signing Theo John, now Jaylen Blakes. We didn’t even offer Blakes even though he liked us and we needed another guard and shooter. What the hell is even going on?

Blame it on KFreeman

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Duke signing Theo John, now Jaylen Blakes. We didn’t even offer Blakes even though he liked us and we needed another guard and shooter. What the hell is even going on?

Blame it on KFreeman
The new Selvie?

Reaction Score
Would you rather:

A) Go to a great program where you walk into the back-up PG role as a freshman

B) Go to a great program where you have to compete for backup PG minutes with another incoming freshman who is a more highly rated recruit?

Reaction Score

Very similar game to Tre Mitchell. Interesting to see how Mitchell's camp responds...maybe accelerate their committing process?

Disu is arguably a more talented/valuable big.

Reaction Score
IIRC.Charles Coleman-Duke - Had some UConn interest prior to Duke commitment.

Not sure there's any room ala Tre Mitchell but he's back on the market.

Reaction Score
IIRC.Charles Coleman-Duke - Had some UConn interest prior to Duke commitment.

Not sure there's any room ala Tre Mitchell but he's back on the market.
Charles Coleman did have UConn interest, but he was the guy who signed with East Carolina. He's now transferred to Saint Joseph's.

The Duke player is Henry Coleman. UConn did not offer Coleman when he was in HS.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You have absolutely no tangible proof he took a payday. Baseless accusations on this board are getting a little tiresome.

No proof? The coach was just fired for being a cheater and paying players. Miller was caught on an FBI wiretap discussing paying players. I think you need to learn what the word "baseless" means, because my accusation is based on some very solid facts.

The kid was starring for a major program, then suddenly leaves in midseason for another program. It does not take a rocket scientist to see that something very fishy was happening.

Posters who have no idea what they are talking about taking cheap shots at other posters has always been a problem on this board, and is very tiresome.

Reaction Score

Don’t see how he gets a waiver, unless he plays the “my coach got fired” card. Even then, I feel like NCAA will be tougher on waivers after just passing the one time transfer rule.

Reaction Score
Don’t see how he gets a waiver, unless he plays the “my coach got fired” card. Even then, I feel like NCAA will be tougher on waivers after just passing the one time transfer rule.
I’m really curious to see how the new rule plays out for kids on their second transfer. I would have to imagine that’s a part of why Mac McClung chose to stay at TTU

Reaction Score
The kid was starring for a major program, then suddenly leaves in midseason for another program. It does not take a rocket scientist to see that something very fishy was happening.

Certainly seems like a solid basis upon which to revoke his eligibility. Akinjo's probably the first player I've ever heard of leaving when their coach gets fired.

To be safe why don't we revoke the eligibility of everyone on the Arizona roster?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

This is what I thought it was, but I guess the better question is how lenient the NCAA will be with waivers going forward. Last season everyone and their mother got a waiver, so I guess it’s just a wait and see for this year.

Reaction Score
No proof? The coach was just fired for being a cheater and paying players. Miller was caught on an FBI wiretap discussing paying players. I think you need to learn what the word "baseless" means, because my accusation is based on some very solid facts.

Posters who have no idea what they are talking about taking cheap shots at other posters has always been a problem on this board, and is very tiresome.

Reaction Score
Nelson, not sure your proof rises to the level of circumstantial let alone hard proof. I stand by my original comment regarding baseless proof.

Reaction Score
More fun facts:

Both Marcus Watson and Marcus Watson Jr. were notables on VC's portal this morning.

They are NOT a father and son duo.

Marcus Watson is the former top-100 Oklahoma State prospect who was let go of the team for stealing a wallet at a Stillwater bar. He transferred to New Mexico State (where he barely played) and was recently picked up by North Carolina A&T, one of the more interesting HBCUs this offseason between returning some good players, bringing in a good transfer haul (including former UConn target and La Salle grad David Beatty) and most importantly, a solid '21 class led by three/four-star recruit Duncan Powell, who spurned offers from Ole Miss, TCU, DePaul and others.

Marcus Watson Jr. is a former Wake Forest commit who left the program after Danny Manning was fired. Settled in Western Illinois and is now open in his recruitment.

Have a nice weekend.

Reaction Score

Don’t think it would ever happen but HUGE fan of him coming out of high school. Incredible athleticism and NBA potential.

I personally don’t think Penny can run an offense at the collegiate level and I don’t think Cisse ever lived up to his potential under Penny. He will have a ton of high major interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom