recruiting threads soon to be posted | The Boneyard

recruiting threads soon to be posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
these will be recruiting threads where the board can now follow recruiting thru. we will chart offers and radar recruits by year. you can use this thread for small updates on kids and twitter/social media stuff. if there is big news or something that a thread should be started for, go for it but for the small stuff use the correct thread. kind of like what i have tried to mold on the fball recruit board. several posters have talked to me about this over the past few months. i usually keep myself busy with fball and just observe bball recruiting and u all know im a bball fan just like everyone else. recently 3uconn and i started to talk first when he hit the scene here and on twitter. that talk developed into more talk and he has since given me a ton of info and lists of recruits. the threads i will build the enxt couple days to a good recruiting threads for this board. whether u want to pin it or not is up to this board. i think pinning the most recent class is best and float the others. so pin the 2013 and let 2014 and 15 float until its time for the next year and so on. i am just polishing lists and doing small things to get this going. everyone here should give 3uconn a nice thank you for his hard work. this was 99% his work.

i will start posting the charts and stuff soon. based off what works and what doesn't we can edit the charts for certain info/criteria as you guys like it. pleas be patient until i have the charts up and then we can move on. i have mod actions so i can edit etc as needed, just shoot me a note once the threads get going.

for now, if u have any suggestion, comments etc for me please post in this thread. charts/threads are coming soon. hope the board enjoys.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
another thing, now when the threads go up posters here can find all relevant links to the players, hl vids and so on and keep it all in one thread. its a good way to stay updated with certain players over time and get a feel fro which recruits are getting the most interest at any given point of the year.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Pin them and I will shoot you in the face.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
every one of them will now be pinned
i always wondered my ppl here are so against pinning threads? now i know the reason, they are becuase fishy says he has a gun on a internet board. i will stare down your internet barrel.

anyway

i think color wise we will start with this
bold blue = uconn commit
light blue with a other team being bold-commit to that team and not uconn
red-no interest/didn't make list etc
purplepinkish-interest/havn't seen good or bad news
green-major interest/made a top list etc

vocab:
OO=other offers
SR=site rankings (rivals-3*, 247, scout, espn) for example
Notes- any info that is important or latest news

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I browsed the Illini's forum and they did something actually really cool. They embedded an Excel spreadsheet with possible prospects/recruits, and every scholarship and who holds them over a 4-5 year period.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
A board should really only have a post or two pinned - it's a matter of usability.

At one point, the football board had ten posts pinned which meant that not a single current post was visible from the forum home. The first thing a user had to do after visiting or returning to the forum page was scroll the board down to see new entries. That was idiotic.

Most people want to visit, see what's new and then get back to their lives.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
ahh scrolling dwon a bit isn't that tuff to do. looking back pages to find trips planned, tailgating info, recrut threads and other relevant stuff is more effort. plus it over time gets more people involved with the good stuff.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Since my opinion is the one we're going to be using here, let's focus on that.

We've been doing this for a while, kiddo.

Reaction Score
Ideally a forum would allow users the ability to toggle visibility of individual threads. And allow the shooting of people in the face.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Pin them and I will shoot you in the face.

6'5" and 249 and you can't just punch him in the face?

Why not pin the current year and when it becomes irrelevant in the late spring, pin 2014? People can scroll for the news on out years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom