Recruiting site version #3 | The Boneyard

Recruiting site version #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I added the prospects from ESPN's recruiting site, need to go through Rivals and Scout. I eliminated any prospects whose interest in UConn was classified as low or who have recently said in an article they have a pared down list that doesn't include the Huskies.

UConn football recruiting site

Reaction Score
I added the prospects from ESPN's recruiting site, need to go through Rivals and Scout. I eliminated any prospects whose interest in UConn was classified as low or who have recently said in an article they have a pared down list that doesn't include the Huskies.

UConn football recruiting site
Thanks. Your new site is excellent and a valuable resource. One nit is that I find it very difficult to read the blue print on black.

Reaction Score
please forgive me for having so many suggestions nan.....i don't mean to cause more work, or stress.

but i was wondering if you could separate the commits in one section, and then the "prospects" in another ? i think that would make it easier to read.

thanks so much for all the work !

Reaction Score
Awsome site. Its great to have this consolidation. If it is kept up, it will be fun to look back over a few years to informally correlate stars with performance (I know this is a dead horse debate). Thanks.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thanks. Your new site is excellent and a valuable resource. One nit is that I find it very difficult to read the blue print on black.
OK, that's a fairly easy fix.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
please forgive me for having so many suggestions nan.....i don't mean to cause more work, or stress.

but i was wondering if you could separate the commits in one section, and then the "prospects" in another ? i think that would make it easier to read.

thanks so much for all the work !
I had dithered about setting up a separate page for the commits. I have so much HTML to wade through now it would cut down on some clutter so I will separate them onto their own page
Awsome site. Its great to have this consolidation. If it is kept up, it will be fun to look back over a few years to informally correlate stars with performance (I know this is a dead horse debate). Thanks.
Not a big deal for me to archive it. I can put a link on the main page for archives.

Reaction Score
the site looks awesome. one thing you could add is the class or grade of the transfers. maybe just stick a (Fr) or (SO) next to their name or something

Reaction Score
Nice post on kids we're recruiting Husky Nan.... Quick question... Does the asterick next to the schools that a kid's being recruited by mean those are his favorites? or does it mean he's got an offer from that school?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nice post on kids we're recruiting Husky Nan.... Quick question... Does the asterick next to the schools that a kid's being recruited by mean those are his favorites? or does it mean he's got an offer from that school?
The asterisk indicates an offer, yes. It says so at the top of the column but isn't obvious.

I'm still tinkering with formatting, btw. To get the links a lighter color I need to make ALL the links lighter which means a dark background on the recruits' names, which I don't really want to do. I'm wasting a lot of time on this so I'm just putting it aside for now until I get all the names up.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
the site looks awesome. one thing you could add is the class or grade of the transfers. maybe just stick a (Fr) or (SO) next to their name or something
Right, will do.

Reaction Score
Great job, thanks. Is there a plan to allow a reader to sort data, say by position? Scout does that and I liked to see who was left on board at position(s) of (my perceived) need. thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom