Recruiting right now? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Recruiting right now?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Any word on Geno and Mone Davis?

I’m almost sure she has the makeup to play for geno.

And she seems like a great athlete.

Could do worse than a 3 star backup pg with plus athleticism and toughness who has always dreamed of wearing american flag blue.

Reaction Score

Could do worse than a 3 star backup pg with plus athleticism and toughness who has always dreamed of wearing american flag blue.

Here's a clip of her in action.................not sure Geno would enjoy the accompanying track

Reaction Score

Davis is not a UConn level recruit, she will most likely end up at a mid major.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Could do worse than a 3 star backup pg with plus athleticism
I don't understand. "Could do worse"? Who is the "3 star backup pg" to whom you refer? And what does "with plus athleticism" mean? What is "plus athleticism"? A lot of athleticism? Please clarify.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I don't understand. "Could do worse"? Who is the "3 star backup pg" to whom you refer? And what does "with plus athleticism" mean? What is "plus athleticism"? A lot of athleticism? Please clarify.

Sorry. Plus basically means above average. It’s a scouting term. Sorry.

And the player is Mone Davis.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Sorry. Plus basically means above average. It’s a scouting term.
Thanks. I thought it must be something like but didn't know if it had a specific meaning.

Reaction Score
I'm sure UConn's coaches have hit the road. As pointed out, great week to do so, with finals/preparations for finals.

- Went to Linwood, NJ. to see 2020 post/forward Kylee Watson scrimmage for Mainland HS (MM)
December is a good month to scout high schoolers: College schedule is a bit lighter, lots of HS games, tourneys and/or showcases to see.

Not exactly sure why Watson fell off of UConn's radar but I think we'll see her moving back up the rankings this year after some criticized her lack of aggression..............I've been looking at 2020 forwards and haven't found more then a couple that have her skill set...........if you haven't seen her play you have no idea how well she moves for a 6'3" player and she has the inside outside skills that would fit UConn to a tee...............I hope they revisit her recruitment just as Notre Dame has done..........

Mainland High School Freshman Earns Spot USA Women’s Under-16 National Team

www.pressofatlanticcity.com/sports/local/highschool/basketball/kylee-watson-scores-th-career-point-in-mainland-s-win/article_09a05cab-2a1a-52bf-b776-682c97629e0e.html

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not exactly sure why Watson fell off of UConn's radar but I think we'll see her moving back up the rankings this year after some criticized her lack of aggression....I've been looking at 2020 forwards and haven't found more then a couple that have her skill set......if you haven't seen her play you have no idea how well she moves for a 6'3" player and she has the inside outside skills that would fit UConn to a tee.....I hope they revisit her recruitment just as Notre Dame has done.....
You maybe overlooking the very obvious. Watson was 1 of 3 players who failed to retrain her position on the USA basketball team this summer. The other two were (Diamond Miller and Caitlin Clark) Clark was injured during the trials. There were a number of players in and out of her own class that out played her during the trials ( Brink, Gusters, Reese, DeBerry, & Baldwin) I've been watching Watson since she first visited UCONN a while back in some AAU open gyms, games and practices. That 6'3" size for Watson is generous. USA basketball is even more generous listing her at 6'4" in 2017. As far as being a UCONN fit- I didn't see that. She a very very good player though.

Reaction Score
Were bent and irwin?

I’ll bet money on Davis being better than both

Ha. Good one butttt.....Kyla is certainly a D1 player. Let’s not sell her short.

Reaction Score
You maybe overlooking the very obvious. Watson was 1 of 3 players who failed to retrain her position on the USA basketball team this summer. The other two were (Diamond Miller and Caitlin Clark) Clark was injured during the trials. There were a number of players in and out of her own class that out played her during the trials ( Brink, Gusters, Reese, DeBerry, & Baldwin) I've been watching Watson since she first visited UCONN a while back in some AAU open gyms, games and practices. That 6'3" size for Watson is generous. USA basketball is even more generous listing her at 6'4" in 2017. As far as being a UCONN fit- I didn't see that. She a very very good player though.

She wouldn't be my number one choice at the position either but UConn needs several players with some size and of those you mentioned Gusters is the only one available for 2020 to UConn and DeBerry who I like a whole lot is a 2021..............other the Daniels, I'm not aware of anyone better then Watson in the 2020 class at that position..........I assume that's why Notre Dame came back to recruiting her.....................BTW she looks about 6'3" to me................she was taller then my kid's team's post player who was 6'2" but definitely not 6'4".

Reaction Score

I have been in Watson’s corner for awhile.
I Hope she has a wonderful career where ever she plays.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I have been in Watson’s corner for awhile.
I Hope she has a wonderful career where ever she plays.
She will. Great kid, great family. She has great choices from left coast to east coast. :cool:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She wouldn't be my number one choice at the position either but UConn needs several players with some size and of those you mentioned Gusters is the only one available for 2020 to UConn and DeBerry who I like a whole lot is a 2021....other the Daniels, I'm not aware of anyone better then Watson in the 2020 class at that position.....I assume that's why Notre Dame came back to recruiting her......BTW she looks about 6'3" to me......she was taller then my kid's team's post player who was 6'2" but definitely not 6'4".
Watson is a Forward. It would be a severe stretch for anyone including UCONN to be recruiting her as a backup post player because she is a starting caliber players everywhere besides UCONN, Stanford or SC.
In the 2020 class PER ESPN these uncommitted players are rated better at position:
1) Reese
2) Marshall
3) Daniels
4) Merritt
5) Williams
ProspectsNations has 6) Lauren Ware rated ahead of her.
Internationally 7) Emily Bessoir will be rated higher that anyone listed above.
That is 7 players that are more sought after at the forward position. UCONN is looking at Daniels and Marshall. It might be a while before UCONN circles back to Watson if at all.

Reaction Score
Watson is a Forward. It would be a severe stretch for anyone including UCONN to be recruiting her as a backup post player because she is a starting caliber players everywhere besides UCONN, Stanford or SC.
In the 2020 class PER ESPN these uncommitted players are rated better at position:
1) Reese
2) Marshall
3) Daniels
4) Merritt
5) Williams
ProspectsNations has 6) Lauren Ware rated ahead of her.
Internationally 7) Emily Bessoir will be rated higher that anyone listed above.
That is 7 players that are more sought after at the forward position. UCONN is looking at Daniels and Marshall. It might be a while before UCONN circles back to Watson if at all.

Reese has already stated she isn't interested in UConn, Marshall is a head scratcher to me ..............have you watched her play in person? She may be a better player in the future but if you've seen her play she is at least a two year developmental player..........Daniels I haven't seen enough of but I'll buy that one, folks on the two Texas board's seem to think they're going to be fighting it out for Merritt and Williams i don't know enough about.........and you know my thoughts on bringing players in from overseas ...............hey all I'm saying is it's not that long a trip down to Atlantic City just to take a look............

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Reese has already stated she isn't interested in UConn, Marshall is a head scratcher to me ....have you watched her play in person? She may be a better player in the future but if you've seen her play she is at least a two year developmental player.....Daniels I haven't seen enough of but I'll buy that one, folks on the two Texas board's seem to think they're going to be fighting it out for Merritt and Williams i don't know enough about....and you know my thoughts on bringing players in from overseas .....hey all I'm saying is it's not that long a trip down to Atlantic City just to take a look..
They have looked. Check you inbox.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I have no idea about basketball but she definitely has a better curve ball then anybody on the basketball team
Does UConn have a competitive softball team? If so, hook her up! ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom