Recruiting right now? | The Boneyard

Recruiting right now?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
This test period normally has the staff jetting all over to see underclass kids play.
Do we have any specifics yet as to where they are going?

An Azzie game.... a Paige game?

We also need to keep an eye on international flights [!] where Geno /CD might be boarding as we speak to spot a spring signer from overseas.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This test period normally has the staff jetting all over to see underclass kids play.
Do we have any specifics yet as to where they are going?

An Azzie game.... a Paige game?

We also need to keep an eye on international flights [!] where Geno /CD might be boarding as we speak to spot a spring signer from overseas.
You might want to check out the recruiting thread at the top of the page.

Reaction Score
Have commented before that the Assistants also contribute a great deal to the elite recruiting classes (and that the lack of Shea and Marisa on the recruiting trail likely hurt UConn this year). Would be interesting to understand where the rest of the coaches are spending their time.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I'm sure UConn's coaches have hit the road. As pointed out, great week to do so, with finals/preparations for finals.

By point of comparison, over at the Bench, been keeping track of Muffet McGraw (MM) and various coaches' travels since the day after the UConn game. To the best of our knowledge, it's been something like this:

- Went to Dowling Catholic HS game to see 2020 PG prospect Caitlin Clark (MM)
- Went to northern VA to see Saint John College (2021's Azzi Fudd) vs. Christ the King (2020 big Natalijia Marshall) (MM, Niele Ivey)
- Went to Linwood, NJ. to see 2020 post/forward Kylee Watson scrimmage for Mainland HS (MM)
- Visited Bellwood-Antis, Pa., to see commit Alli Campbell (MM, Beth Morgan Cunningham)
Here's some footage of that game (Campbell is #21. WEB EXTRA: See Alli Campbell Ball with Notre Dame Coach in the House) Kudos to Mike at the Bench for finding the link.

December is a good month to scout high schoolers: College schedule is a bit lighter, lots of HS games, tourneys and/or showcases to see.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Christchurch is in New Zealand, but I'm pretty sure he meant Christ the King. That was the opposition on Saturday.
I suspected that, and knew the NZ connection. Thanks.
You pursued your spouse through local cemeteries? Sounds rather morbid! ;)
Can you think of a better place to be alone and to know all those around would not say a word??? Quiet and peace ful

Reaction Score
waiting to see what impact Jasmine has on recruiting...................with her background one would think she would be the perfect person to develop relationships with top recruits....................if there ever was a time to hit those high school gyms this is it........................

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I suspected that, and knew the NZ connection. Thanks.

Can you think of a better place to be alone and to know all those around would not say a word??? Quiet and peace ful
Well done, sir.

Reaction Score
Well done, sir.
Thanks. It was a nuttie reply to a nutty response, never did it--and don't tell the spouse I ever said it. Thanks. But Christ the King was 300 ft from her home. It wasn't there when she lived in Middle Village, she went to St. Barbara's HS near St Johns, then Sj. and 2 others a long way from Long Island. Thanks Gus.

Reaction Score
waiting to see what impact Jasmine has on recruiting....with her background one would think she would be the perfect person to develop relationships with top recruits.....if there ever was a time to hit those high school gyms this is it....

Early on at UCWBB recruiting was Geno and CD. Some players admit they were a it smitten with Geno's great looks. It is hard to replace that. However, I agree that a super salesman (whomever that may be, hire one if one is hire-able) is needed. I'm not in a panic mode yet, maybe next spring that will happen.
If all remains the same after this season maybe staying in the top 10 or 5 maybe not in the cards (I said MAY BE). I'm not with your knowledgable about those obtainable.
So give me an outlook about where the Recruiting will be next spring, fall for UC with or without an NC.

Reaction Score
Early on at UCWBB recruiting was Geno and CD. Some players admit they were a it smitten with Geno's great looks. It is hard to replace that. However, I agree that a super salesman (whomever that may be, hire one if one is hire-able) is needed. I'm not in a panic mode yet, maybe next spring that will happen.
If all remains the same after this season maybe staying in the top 10 or 5 maybe not in the cards (I said MAY BE). I'm not with your knowledgable about those obtainable.
So give me an outlook about where the Recruiting will be next spring, fall for UC with or without an NC.

I have no idea who is obtainable.....................we have a repeat of last year with a few top players being pulled in different directions.....................Bueckers is the top prize and depending on who you talk to she's most likely going to UConn, Notre Dame or to the upstart wildcard Minnesota................Van Lith could be UConn bound or she could stay on the West Coast and take over as the big gun at Oregon among others..........Hannah Gusters, the Texas big.............does she leave the state? Paid for her unofficial to UConn so that's a good sign but as we learned recently even multiple visits mean absolutely nothing...................the list goes on and on..................my bottom line, Geno is going to have to make multiple offers at each position otherwise a repeat of 2019 is quite possible........

Reaction Score
I have no idea who is obtainable......we have a repeat of last year with a few top players being pulled in different directions......Bueckers is the top prize and depending on who you talk to she's most likely going to UConn, Notre Dame or to the upstart wildcard Minnesota......Van Lith could be UConn bound or she could stay on the West Coast and take over as the big gun at Oregon among others.....Hannah Gusters, the Texas big...does she leave the state? Paid for her unofficial to UConn so that's a good sign but as we learned recently even multiple visits mean absolutely nothing....the list goes on and on...my bottom line, Geno is going to have to make multiple offers at each position otherwise a repeat of 2019 is quite possible...
Thanks. I appreciate the reply, thank you. If Uconn had won the last 3 NC's I would believe Geno's probability of pulling in a long distance top player would be better.
The West Coast teams have been doing well. I can easily see any one of those coaches telling a top WC kid: come with us and help win a NC or 3. Uconn isn't done yet. From what Geno has said and bit not said: He is feeling the stress and need for a good recruiting class.

Reaction Score
Thanks. I appreciate the reply, thank you. If Uconn had won the last 3 NC's I would believe Geno's probability of pulling in a long distance top player would be better.
The West Coast teams have been doing well. I can easily see any one of those coaches telling a top WC kid: come with us and help win a NC or 3. Uconn isn't done yet. From what Geno has said and bit not said: He is feeling the stress and need for a good recruiting class.

UConn should always aim high in recruiting starting with the number 1-10 ranked players but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't also recruit number 15 or even number 35 too..................they need lots of players this time around and the odds of getting those number one ranked players at each position are increasingly difficult..............failure to recruit in 2020 is not an option..............now if they could get some early verbals that would take much of the pressure off of all concerned..........

Reaction Score
UConn should always aim high in recruiting starting with the number 1-10 ranked players but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't also recruit number 15 or even number 35 too...they need lots of players this time around and the odds of getting those number one ranked players at each position are increasingly difficult....failure to recruit in 2020 is not an option....now if they could get some early verbals that would take much of the pressure off of all concerned.....
Unfortunately, the ball is now in the HS players court. 1's,2's,---5's great to get--it is a much harder sell in the current market. However, if Geno get's a 35 or high I would hope Shea, Jazmine, CD, Geno observes them enough to know they can actually play at this level. In them, no DT or CW is required but they shouldn't look lost on offense or defense. If they can't contribute as a 5-minute sub in big or bigger games how useful are they?
With these kinds of skills and knowledge, they make good practice players too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom