Recruiting Problems?? | The Boneyard

Recruiting Problems??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why can't Ollie recruit? How do we get beat out by VCU and UNLV? Its absurd. If we don't get Diamond Stone it looks like recruiting is going to be a problem for a very long time. One top 50 recruit per season won't cut it anymore. UNLV has been gettings MCD's AA's year after year!

Reaction Score
Why can't Ollie recruit? How do we get beat out by VCU and UNLV? Its absurd. If we don't get Diamond Stone it looks like recruiting is going to be a problem for a very long time. One top 50 recruit per season won't cut it anymore. UNLV has been gettings MCD's AA's year after year!

This is a ridiculous post. The recruiting class of Adams, Enoch and likely Stone is one of UConn's best ever.

Reaction Score
I think we currently have about 6 top 100 players plus Brimah and Cassel. We have 2 more already coming next year as well. Out of those 8 players 4 are top 50.....we probably will get at least one more....I think it is foolish to look at who recruits who to much, because each school have different systems in how they recruit. As long as you are recruiting mostly 4 star players, you will do fine. Places like Kentucky have huge turnaround every year, so they have to get the big time recruits....if they do not, they will flop big time. Uconn does not need it as bad because they also have veterans every year.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
It does seem like we offer 50 players every year though.

Reaction Score
Ollie quickly landed the two regional must gets and is in line to land a top 5 nationally. As for today, it was only a slight disappointment. In my eyes, we missed out on insurance. Briscoe was never an option. I think a lot would have had to happen for Jones to play here. Mack is hardly a program changer. It sucks losing out to schools like VCU but when you look at the facts, nothing happened today that will have a lasting effect on this program.

Reaction Score
Why can't Ollie recruit? HoAndw do we get beat out by VCU and UNLV? Its absurd. If we don't get Diamond Stone it looks like recruiting is going to be a problem for a very long time. One top 50 recruit per season won't cut it anymore. UNLV has been gettings MCD's AA's year after year!
I agree. And Diamond Stone is going to Wisconsin. We all know it. Just keeping our hopes alive.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Next season Ollie could start Enoch, Brimah, Adams, Hamilton and Purvis(Cassell) .
Every one of these guys will play in the NBA Summer League. Ollie can recuit. But Storrs has long cold winters and blue chippers want to start. Kids who don't think they can start will go to Vegas or Richmond where it is warmer.

Reaction Score
Lousy city/weather and lousy league, we'll still get good players, but elite kids are fickle

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

National Championship last year and your know complaining. Please go back to playing PS 4 in your basement

Reaction Score
I think the strategy was more troubling than anything else. Losing Ali was a shame and I have to think that was somewhat based on the fact that we had targeted many other players who played the same position, even after he had signed. I also think it was strange to go 100% all in on Mack, when we didn't even offer him until September. We started out way too far behind and were never able to catch up, and I wish that we had expended all the energy on Jones, a guy we were in on very early.

All this said, a Stone commitment makes this class amazing. There will also be plenty of spring options with decommits and late bloomers. I just wish we had wrapped everything up earlier so that the staff could focus on the 2016 class.

Reaction Score
Everyone should understand how this works by now.

We will likely get Diamond Stone next week, and go into the Spring with Stone(top 5), Adams(top 20) and Enoch(top 50). Then a few guys will emerge and/or a few guys will reconsider, and we will find a great wing player. We find spring diamonds alllllllllll the time.

I remember the meltdown on this board when we missed on Jennings. Ever since that episode, I've taken a much more circumspect view of recruiting, because #Kemba.

Reaction Score
I think we've uncovered frescooter's new account

Reaction Score
I just don't get how everyone is so confident that we get Stone next week. Everything I've read is trending otherwise.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I just don't get how everyone is so confident that we get Stone next week. Everything I've read is trending otherwise.
it would be a miracle. We're competing against a local school who has no other center on their roster. We have 2. I don't see how we win this battle unless he has a ridiculously close relationship with Ollie even though Bo has been recruiting him since he was a frosh.... idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom