OT: - Recruiting disappointment | The Boneyard

OT: Recruiting disappointment

Reaction Score
What do you think is the hot topic on the South Bend campus, the commitment of Brunelle or the loss of a running back recruit?

Notre Dame Football Recruiting: Irish Miss Out On Yet Another Top Target

the Irish missed out on another of their top running back targets. Cesare “Chez” Mellusi took a visit to see the Clemson Tigers, and he committed to them before he went home to Florida. Chez represented the best chance at running back the Irish have in this cycle. It’s a story that is getting harder and harder to swallow. Notre Dame is having a horrific time recruiting ball-carriers, and Notre Dame running backs coach, Autry Denson, should be held accountable.

In the spirit of Chicken Little I ask if the Irish football program is sliding into obscurity? After all, they are not in a P-5 conference, are they? And those games against Army, Navy and the Academy types don't prepare them for winning a championship. :rolleyes: ;)

Reaction Score
What do you think is the hot topic on the South Bend campus, the commitment of Brunelle or the loss of a running back recruit?

In the spirit of Chicken Little I ask if the Irish football program is sliding into obscurity? After all, they are not in a P-5 conference, are they? And those games against Army, Navy and the Academy types don't prepare them for winning a championship. :rolleyes: ;)

ND is expecting Sam Brunelle to use her recruiting prowess not only with WBB recruits but also with five star football players..............:rolleyes:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

The ND football program will never be obscure. The 10 years or so of mediocrity has proven that.

To ward off our huffy ND friends - I quote my husband who was born and raised in South Bend. He keeps a paper bag in the closet in case ND reverts to its :eek: days.

Reaction Score

Women’s basketball is fun to follow at ND. But football is serious.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Sample comment after ND signed an elite 2020 QB:

"any discussion of the 2020 recruiting class makes me sick as it leads me to think of the now very real possibility that Kelly will get to coach as many and possibly more seasons at ND than Leahy, Ara, and Lou."

Safe to say Brian Kelly has a few detractors...

The best quip I heard on this subject was to the effect of "One day, maybe ND will have a football program that the women's basketball team can be proud of"

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The ND football program will never be obscure. The 10 years or so of mediocrity has proven that.

To ward off our huffy ND friends - I quote my husband who was born and raised in South Bend. He keeps a paper bag in the closet in case ND reverts to its :eek: days.

"Huffy?" Nan, I've got been nothing but happy for quite some time! :D

As for ND football and the recruiting related to that sport: given how large teams are, you've got to be something like a defensive back and have a short memory. For every running back we lose to Clemson, you sometimes get a quarterback...and this one from New Canaan, no less (Drew Pyne) Four-star QB Drew Pyne gives Notre Dame first 2020 commitment

While football is even beyond the "family business" out there, many of us follow and root harder for other sports, such as basketball, lacrosse and soccer. However, I'll pay attention to Garden Stater Quenton Nelson to see where he's chosen in the upcoming NFL draft!

Make sure you shake the dust off your husband's ND football shirt every so often! ;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The Irish football program has not been the same since Lindsey Nelson stopped doing the syndicated telecasts on Sunday morning.

Good Catholics around the country would go to mass on Saturday night, and then watch God’s favorite football team on Sunday morning, listening to that sweet TN twang, as Lindsey Nelson would greet viewers with his signature line, “Hello everybody!”

Reaction Score
"Huffy?" Nan, I've got been nothing but happy for quite some time! :D

As for ND football and the recruiting related to that sport: given how large teams are, you've got to be something like a defensive back and have a short memory. For every running back we lose to Clemson, you sometimes get a quarterback...and this one from New Canaan, no less (Drew Pyne) Four-star QB Drew Pyne gives Notre Dame first 2020 commitment

While football is even beyond the "family business" out there, many of us follow and root harder for other sports, such as basketball, lacrosse and soccer. However, I'll pay attention to Garden Stater Quenton Nelson to see where he's chosen in the upcoming NFL draft!

Make sure you shake the dust off your husband's ND football shirt every so often! ;)

I had to read this a few times. Are you saying that there are ND fans who are interested in lacrosse, soccer and possibly basketball more than football?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Oh, we watch all the games. I bet I've seen as many ND games as a lot of ND fans. There was just a time there - the Willingham to Weis era - when my husband would watch and cringe.

While his father, niece, and a slew of cousins from Mishawaka went to ND, my husband went to Georgetown and his sister went to, ugh, Boston College although she did redeem herself by getting her graduate degree from ND.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I had to read this a few times. Are you saying that there are ND fans who are interested in lacrosse, soccer and possibly basketball more than football?

Sure, you're conversing with one....personal connections. Believe me, I go to one or two football games per year, but I much prefer playing and watching basketball. I played club lax for ND when I was there and live in a lacrosse-rich part of the country. Lastly, I ended up getting my coaching license and working with a club team for years. On top of the personal stuff, ND's teams are quite good and entertaining to watch.

Reaction Score
Sure, you're conversing with one....personal connections. Believe me, I go to one or two football games per year, but I much prefer playing and watching basketball. I played club lax for ND when I was there and live in a lacrosse-rich part of the country. Lastly, I ended up getting my coaching license and working with a club team for years. On top of the personal stuff, ND's teams are quite good and entertaining to watch.

I feel as though your profile name should be Alumni 77.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom