Recruiting: Are we out on | The Boneyard

Recruiting: Are we out on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mohamed Bamba? Whats his status? Arizona just got a C so this might cool him off on going there? I see Us listed on BSPN as being on his list.

Reaction Score
Last thing I heard was duke, Kentucky, and the good guys. consensus is duke i believe

Reaction Score
Well we are getting Bamba or Richards. I AM holding my breath on this one, so don't be wrong HFL.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I'm worried that Ayton picked Arizona. I was hoping he picked UK so that Bamba or Richards are more likely to cross them off their lists.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
He took an offical to Michigan last week, and just took an unofficial to Harvard recently. We're still in great shape.
I wouldn't get our hopes up or say we are in "great shape" by any means. We are talking about the cream of the cream of the crop for 2017, at a position that is very sparse for this particular year. When Duke, Kentucky, Kansas come knocking with starting minutes available, unfortunately you don't say no. Usually I'm optimistic when it comes to Ollie and recruiting, not in this particular case.

Reaction Score
It's stinks that we had a really good one, but for very clear reasons had to let him go. I thought Brown would have been very good by year 3 - if he lasted (and I don't mean an NBA bolt) that long.
Hopefully he can land a top 100ish rated C and pull off what Calhoun did with Okafor.
I'm not immediately concerned though. Enoch will progress, but he's probably a 4 year player. Duram's length and greater weight than a young Donyell (but similar game minus distance shooting) will also allow him to play a decent amount of C.

Reaction Score
Not trying to be negative, but it's just the reality. I guess we can keep telling each other we are in a good spot, and try to feel good.
I'd say we have a better chance with Bamba than Richards, but in the end, I think you're right that we miss out on both.

Reaction Score
I'd say we have a better chance with Bamba than Richards, but in the end, I think you're right that we miss out on both.

Perhaps there is a glimmer with Bamba. But I cannot remember the last time (if ever) we beat of Duke and UK for a player. People keep suggesting Duke will get Wendall Carter and therefore we will just have to go against UK, but in reality they are two completely different players.

It was nice to get Bamba on an unofficial, but unfortunately with this years thin center class, we are huge underdogs.

Reaction Score
I am of the mind that delaurier and bolden arent one and done players, so if duke does get carter, that would be a logjam with bigs. Good problem to have, but bamba would have a clearer path to PT with us.

wishful thinking anyway.

Reaction Score
I am of the mind that delaurier and bolden arent one and done players, so if duke does get carter, that would be a logjam with bigs. Good problem to have, but bamba would have a clearer path to PT with us.

wishful thinking anyway.

Delaurier is a PF.

Reaction Score
Delaurier is a PF.

he's a big, frontcourt player. He would fulfill a similar role as bamba. You don't need to fit players into clearly defined positions. Frank Jackson will not take time away from bamba, delaurier could.

Reaction Score
Bamba isn't a center anyway is he? I understand that is semantics to a point. You still take him in a minute whatever position he plays. I have a Richards to UK feeling. Richards seems to think he is the big fish. Looking at his game he looks almost NBA ready right now. He will dominate most low post players in college. I would be shocked if he went anywhere other than UK. Except, he could win a championship here! I think we miss on both and should be looking hard at and concentrating hard on the rest of our C prospects like Carlton, Sidibe, Obiagu and Ulaeyunmo. They will take longer to develop but we'll have them for a while. Richards will be gone after one year.

Reaction Score
Bamba is absolutely 100% a center.

What we know for sure:
KO watched pretty much everyone of his AAU games. The times PSA and Rens (Hami) played at the same time, KO split his time between the 2 or stayed with PSA. So he invested, by a slight margin, most of his time this summer on PSA. Was Bamba the reason? Probably.
In total, without question, KO and the staff (especially Glen) have invested the most time with Hami.

Bamba gave us an unofficial. Not encouraging. That said, if he turns around and gives us an official we should get excited.

The guy is not just a great b ball player but an amazing person. His interviews/media scrums are so impressive. Just seems like a guy Duke will do whatever it takes ($$$$) to get.

Reaction Score
Bamba is absolutely 100% a center.

What we know for sure:
KO watched pretty much everyone of his AAU games. The times PSA and Rens (Hami) played at the same time, KO split his time between the 2 or stayed with PSA. So he invested, by a slight margin, most of his time this summer on PSA. Was Bamba the reason? Probably.
In total, without question, KO and the staff (especially Glen) have invested the most time with Hami.

Bamba gave us an unofficial. Not encouraging. That said, if he turns around and gives us an official we should get excited.

The guy is not just a great b ball player but an amazing person. His interviews/media scrums are so impressive. Just seems like a guy Duke will do whatever it takes ($$$$) to get.
Thanks, I trust your input in this. I just see him listed as a PF in a lot of places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom