Recruiting : 1, 2, and 15 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Recruiting : 1, 2, and 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
do we think Geno wants to give that a try again?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
do we think Geno wants to give that a try again?
i agree that he doesn't want to. which is one reason why he's looking at Russell. but we do have Stokes on board at 6'3" and she is technically a center. i honestly wonder where the staff feels her development is compared to Stef at the same time in their college "careers". i think for the most part Kiah is a top 10 recruit (14 Blue star, 9 ASGR, 6 Peach State, 10 PBR) but if i'm understanding what i'm hearing, her offense is quite a bit behind her defense. i think at the same time Stef's offense was better than Kiah's. defense probably the other way around.

my point is that if Kiah comes off the bench for 3 years behind Stef then starts her senior year, even if we don't get an elite center till 2014's class, Kiah would still be a senior that year. so sure, teams "can" win with shorter players, but the stars have to align for that to happen more so than if they have quality size. if Stef isn't in foul trouble, i'm betting UCONN beats ND and cuts down the nets.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i was trying to add this to the above post but the site was saying i can't add more than 1180 characters. i don't think my paragraph was over 1180 but...

maybe if Geno had loaded up more on 6'2" or 6'1" players, Stef's foul trouble wouldn't have been an issue. Walker quit the team, and he lost out on Harbarts and Bays from 2010. in 2011 he lost out on Hammond. that's a trio of 6'2" players that Geno was trying to get. maybe he understood what would happen if Maya had to play the 5 for any length of time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom