Record setting defense | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Record setting defense

Reaction Score
Wait- are there some of you who honestly expect Edsall to be fired at any time before the end of next year?
Why wait to fire him when you know he's the worst and are just going to fire him a year from now?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
We allowed this gem today as well as setting historic lows!! Go us!

Reaction Score
I've said that for seven years straight. I've been wrong seven times in a row...
I guess we could break all our own records for having the worst defense in college football history. As bad as PP was and as much of a joke as Red Pants was, Randy's ineptitude has blown them away.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Who is our fcs opponent next year? We struggled with URI, we could go winless next year without Pindell.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
What makes you think there is any money?

The school spends $70M a year on athletics. A lot of that money is sunk into sports that will have zero impact on the future of the university and will likely cease to exist if football doesn't straighten things out.

That's how I look at it.

Reaction Score
The school spends $70M a year on athletics. A lot of that money is sunk into sports that will have zero impact on the future of the university and will likely cease to exist if football doesn't straighten things out.

That's how I look at it.
Me too. But people on this board dont want to hear about cutting sports. Rutgers went this route and poured every dollar saved into their fb program in the big east days. Made them respectable enough to be a palatable option for the big ten.

Reaction Score
Me too. But people on this board dont want to hear about cutting sports. Rutgers went this route and poured every dollar saved into their fb program in the big east days. Made them respectable enough to be a palatable option for the big ten.

They were palatable more because of the NYC/NJ market they reside in than anything their stadium upgrades offered. Now they're just filler for the B1G expansion. Still suck at football & basketball.

Reaction Score
They were palatable more because of the NYC/NJ market they reside in than anything their stadium upgrades offered. Now they're just filler for the B1G expansion. Still suck at football & basketball.
They became decent in football for a while in the Big East. They paid Schiano and his coaches well. About the only thing they ever did right was go all in in FB for a while. It paid off in that their athletic department is secure going forward.

Reaction Score
Who is our fcs opponent next year? We struggled with URI, we could go winless next year without Pindell.

We open on a Thursday night against Wagner. Can't wait to see the point spread.

Reaction Score
The numbers are staggering. Defense used to be our thing all those years we couldn't buy a competent offense, and now we're all-time record-holders of defensive futility.

Only LA-Lafayette in 1997 averaged 50 pts allowed/gm since around World War I. Now there's us too.

UConn-FB-2018-defensive-stats.png

Reaction Score
It’s what happens when a clown with a theory comes in, guts the concept of real LBs replaces them with undersized personnel, and then runs a 3 man front . Then moves to 4 man front because they get hammered and can’t stop the rush, but fails to realize you still need LBs with the power and size to shed blockers and fill. But oops there are none around, because Crocker was recruiting off the track instead of the football field. They have the wrong personnel by choice. Catastrophic screw up. Speed without football skills and/or size and power for the position means getting crushed.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
We open on a Thursday night against Wagner. Can't wait to see the point spread.

Wagner went 4-7 with a Massey of 93rd in FCS. We finished around 50th in FCS, so it would have been a pretty even game this year.

FBS equivalent by ranking this year would have been Illinois as Wagner at Wake Forest as UConn.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
It’s what happens when a clown with a theory comes in, guts the concept of real LBs replaces them with undersized personnel, and then runs a 3 man front .

lol at the idea that this is all because of the types of players Diaco recruited and not at all possibly ALSO Randy's fault

Reaction Score
lol at the idea that this is all because of the types of players Diaco recruited and not at all possibly ALSO Randy's fault
No- it is RE and Crocker. As bad as Diaco was, this takes it to never before seen level...literally

Reaction Score

That's how I look at it.
I understand, and am happy I was able to see such great heights reached by multiple programs. But the end is near...

Reaction Score
No, 9M cable viewers did that.

Reaction Score
They were bad but you also need to keep in mind that in this era of high scoring when mediocre quarterbacks throw for 300 yards regularly and the 250 yard passing game is considered just eh, and 60 points isn’t that rare anymore it isn’t like you did it during single wing days.

Reaction Score
No, 9M cable viewers did that.
Must not remember what they looked like in the Terry Shea era. Hint, ALMOST as bad as us this year. They definitely invested in their program at a critical juncture.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Well, the game you watched was a one-touchdown UConn victory in which Rhody dropped 49 on our defense...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The numbers are staggering. Defense used to be our thing all those years we couldn't buy a competent offense, and now we're all-time record-holders of defensive futility.

Only LA-Lafayette in 1997 averaged 50 pts allowed/gm since around World War I. Now there's us too.

View attachment 36695

Ha - Oregon State sucks!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom