Record setting defense | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Record setting defense

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Take a bow Randy Edsall. You have made me long for the days of Pasquoloni and Diaco.

I had the same thought and I wanted to stab myself.

Not about Diaco, because I'm not completely insane, but definitely for Pasqualoni and his ability to get good recruits to find a way to end seasons with a 5-7 record...

Reaction Score
I was not a fan of Edsall first time through. Yes, he got the program up and running, but he was too conservative and not a really good recruiter. I did't count on UConn making stupid choices for his successors (speaking of conservative). I was absolutely opposed to Randy 2.0, but I have been patient like so many other fans. Unfortunarely, without Lashee, the offense was one dimensional and he is still too conservative (if nothing else, running the "small hands offense" should have earned him a suspension for a few games). So, the clock is now ticking Randy, and FWIW, quite a few posters here on the BY could have coached these Huskies to a 1-11 record.

Reaction Score
At some point, I think we have to admit that excuses, long term plans and positive thinking are just means of delaying the acknowledgement of reality. We have seen with basketball at our own school, that there can be short term signs of improvement with a new coach. HCRE continues to talk about long term plans, however, we are seeing short term disintegration. I wish the AD would respond to emails. David Benedict has ignored 3 emails over the past 2 seasons. Not even a boilerplate response to alumni and former student athlete...

Fire Edsall and pony up. We can afford a better coach, fill up the stadium, and get moving in the right direction.

Reaction Score
Next year, when the defense improves, the offense regresses, Edsall will point to the improvements on defense while we're still getting blown out as proof things are working. This seems like a ten year plan then he will try to hand off the job to Cory and warn people about what happened the last time they went outside the family.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don't think Edsall is the guy for the job and I was all-in on RE2.0

God forbid we actually spend some money on a football staff and bring in someone who doesn't have a 5 year plan to get back to 6 wins.

This team was going to be terrible no matter what, but I still don't buy that it had to be the worse defensive team in the history of college football.

Reaction Score

God forbid we actually spend some money on a football staff and bring in someone who doesn't have a 5 year plan to get back to 6 wins.

This team was going to be terrible no matter what, but I still don't buy that it had to be the worse defensive team in the history of college football.
I really question the defensive coaching ability of the linebacker and DB coaches. I get they were young, but the tackling attempts more resembled tickling attempts.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I really question the defensive coaching ability of the linebacker and DB coaches. I get they were young, but the tackling attempts more resembled tickling attempts.

I mean, you really have to let it sink in to appreciate the futility of what we saw this season.

The worst defense in the HISTORY of college football.

I don't think it's possible to overstate just how pathetic this was.

Part of me thinks the administration is content/happy with this product, so when they pull the plug there's less resistance and outcry.

Reaction Score
#Restorred lol. Bring back the awesome tradition of the feared Block C.
Lmao, more like #REScorred....When they only allow 40ppg next year. Edsall will tell everyone how the defense has improved.

Reaction Score
Can we see if Wacky Bob would come back as the DC? I mean, it can’t be worse then this. Can it?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
We may have given up the most points in FBS history, but we now wear a C on our helmets and get to hear lectures about Alfred Finches and the 2008 Huskies every week. Great.

Reaction Score
Wacky Bob found a way to give up 40 points and 440 yards per game with Nebraska's talent. IT CAN get worse...
Still better then 50 points and 600 yards per game. ;)

Reaction Score
The sad part is this isn’t even rock bottom yet. The offense is sure to take a step back next year and the defense isn’t going to magically get faster.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Everything points to one more season of Edsall.

Reaction Score

What makes you think there is any money?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Wait- are there some of you who honestly expect Edsall to be fired at any time before the end of next year?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom