Recent AJ workout vid

Reaction Score
So… Parkay?
mz5hlw7hh0s11.jpg

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Why?

Not being a smart ass, just genuinely curious why that would have changed. Seemed to be pretty sound science.
Perhaps because to be as good as Ray Allen you would have to be "Everyday Ray" committed at an otherwise insane level of dedication. The new method appears to be a more simple unified one body motion including the release whereas the older method seems more like a more complicated "up (legs) and away (arms/hands) release" two motions with the second motion only from the arms, wrists and hands. The new method appears to have to rely more on the position and quickness of the release whereas the older method seems to thwart the defender by getting to a place where it cannot be defended against. I am a very "casual fan" but if you can put the ball in the hole more simply it is easier and "if it works use it". I remember a guy named Hal Greer who was one of the early jump shooters and he took it to the level of even jumpshooting his freethrows in order to keep perfecting his stroke.

Hal Greer | NBA's 75 Anniversary | NBA.com

Hal must have loved to watch Ray Allen play.

Reaction Score
Still looks funky with a low release but certainly more fluid. He just needs to be able to keep defenses honest. I hope he's been working on a short/mid-range pull-up too. That would help his game a lot.

That stroke makes a pull up off the dribble very difficult and easier to block. Most coaches would work to change that shot at an early age. I hope he can hit the 3 when open, I am not a fan of his mechanics.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
continues to show great athleticism and he is quicker in getting that shot off but it's still way too low - lets see what happens when he faces the real defenders.
I know he will come into the season more prepared to increase his offense output and look forward to his improvement and contributions

Reaction Score
That stroke makes a pull up off the dribble very difficult and easier to block. Most coaches would work to change that shot at an early age. I hope he can hit the 3 when open, I am not a fan of his mechanics.
We don't want him pulling up off the dribble anyways. It's a -EV shot for most players. It's especially -EV when you can just get in the lane and yam on people.

Reaction Score
Perhaps because to be as good as Ray Allen you would have to be "Everyday Ray" committed at an otherwise insane level of dedication. The new method appears to be a more simple unified one body motion including the release whereas the older method seems more like a more complicated "up (legs) and away (arms/hands) release" two motions with the second motion only from the arms, wrists and hands. The new method appears to have to rely more on the position and quickness of the release whereas the older method seems to thwart the defender by getting to a place where it cannot be defended against. I am a very "casual fan" but if you can put the ball in the hole more simply it is easier and "if it works use it". I remember a guy named Hal Greer who was one of the early jump shooters and he took it to the level of even jumpshooting his freethrows in order to keep perfecting his stroke.

Hal Greer | NBA's 75 Anniversary | NBA.com

Hal must have loved to watch Ray Allen play.
Hal Greer was a tremendous player.

Reaction Score
Andre's shot looks much improved. He'll never be mistaken for any all-time greats, but he will be a threat. I know there is this banter about low release. I will go out on a ledge and say that he will not get one three-point shot blocked all season.

Reaction Score
He’s going to be very hard to block because he is truly a triple threat and with his size and athleticism I see a lot of dribble drive step backs in his near future. If someone is playing him tight enough to block his 3 pointer he should be driving by them and throwing down a dunk.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Reasonable Doubt era Jay Z is the best Jay Z.

This kid is a worker. If he puts it all together look out.
If it was a clip of him dropping 22 2’s my head would’ve exploded.

…not to mention the outrage it would’ve generated not being able to dissect his 3 pt mechanics

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
If you’re not shooting midrange shots, it really limits the benefits of shooting at the top of your jump

Reaction Score
Love it (except for my nervousness about the Roc Nation visit part).
Why’s the visit making you nervous? Would love for him to get an nil deal through them, would be huge for him and for UConn recruiting.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Actually quick view I like his catch and release as well as that quick dribble and step back better than stand still-shoot. Again just breezing through that video I like the way he looks when he has less time.

Better no matter but we will see. Looks good though stud athlete no doubt hope he makes enough to give him space and confidence to the rack!
Looks very good … but those dribble drive dunks will be contested in-season. He needs to finish through contact and draw fouls. Last year those drives were too often avoiding contact when challenged.

He does seem to gather and release his jumper a lot quicker, and the footwork is much more on balance and sure.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Hard to beat any rappers first album, it’s their life’s work and less industry influence.
Interesting thought but not sure it really holds. Yes to Biggie, Nas, Jay-Z, Outkast, Ghostface, Dr Dre. No to Mobb Deep, ATCQ, The Roots, Tupac, GZA, Common, Eminem.

Reaction Score
Interesting thought but not sure it really holds. Yes to Biggie, Nas, Jay-Z, Outkast, Ghostface, Dr Dre. No to Mobb Deep, ATCQ, The Roots, Tupac, GZA, Common, Eminem.
No on Outkast, I love their first album but Aquemini is one of the best albums ever and ATLiens is amazing.

Reaction Score
Looks very good … but those dribble drive dunks will be contested in-season. He needs to finish through contact and draw fouls. Last year those drives were too often avoiding contact when challenged.

He does seem to gather and release his jumper a lot quicker, and the footwork is much more on balance and sure.
Yep agree needs to get much more physical in finishing as well as creative. Doesn’t always need to be a dunk so be ready to change to a strong lay in if necessary (or even a floater)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom