Recap/on the bright side | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Recap/on the bright side

Reaction Score
If you think Army is a good.win, then thank you for your interest in UConn FB.
@SubbaBub Absolutely not an attack here just a comment. :)
A win over Army with all due respect to them would have been a very good win. They mopped us 52-21.
Right now the overall rankings has Army @ #57 this above teams like Nebraska, Maryland, Syracuse, Rutgers, Florida, Texas etc. UConn at #130 last overall.
I have a long standing interest in UConn football and do not think playing Army diminishes the program one iota. On the other hand a very short road trip with history and pageantry galore for home and home games. A history lesson for players and fans alike, along with a formidable and respected opponent.

Reaction Score
It will be a good day when Uconn can beat BCU, Cuse, Temple, and RU regularly. Looking forward to that day someday.
If we get in a P5 conference that might happen. Otherwise it will be a very rare event to beat BC, Cuse, Rutgers. Temple better odds.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
@SubbaBub Absolutely not an attack here just a comment. :)
A win over Army with all due respect to them would have been a very good win. They mopped us 52-21.
Right now the overall rankings has Army @ #57 this above teams like Nebraska, Maryland, Syracuse, Rutgers, Florida, Texas etc. UConn at #130 last overall.
I have a long standing interest in UConn football and do not think playing Army diminishes the program one iota. On the other hand a very short road trip with history and pageantry galore for home and home games. A history lesson for players and fans alike, along with a formidable and respected opponent.

This year it would have been a good win because any win would have been a good win. I'm not looking at Army from the standpoint of this year or even the last 6 years. If you want to ve considered a legit P5 or even a legit FBS program, Army on your schedule has to equal a win.

Not sorry if my standards for the program are higher then anyone elses. If you decide to settle for below average, then that's what you get.

Add program self esteem to the long lisg of things that need improvement.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
This year it would have been a good win because any win would have been a good win. I'm not looking at Army from the standpoint of this year or even the last 6 years. If you want to ve considered a legit P5 or even a legit FBS program, Army on your schedule has to equal a win.

Not sorry if my standards for the program are higher then anyone elses. If you decide to settle for below average, then that's what you get.

Add program self esteem to the long lisg of things that need improvement.
So to paraphrase, you want to ignore what’s actually happened over the past six years for Army and UConn. You also say that we should be beating them next year because your standards are higher than the rest of us sad sacks who have seen us be the worst team in the entire FBS?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If we get in a P5 conference that might happen. Otherwise it will be a very rare event to beat BC, Cuse, Rutgers. Temple better odds.
I figure by 2024 we should be able to go 3-1 against those schools. It isn't exactly murderer's row.

Reaction Score
2021 1-11 vs an easier schedule aside there are 4 easy for a legit program wins on the schedule. CCSU, FIU, Ball St, and Army. 4 should be the min. Also have Cuse, BC, and Liberty that are winnable if we get enough good transfers.
Given UConn’s recent history, thinking a win against Army (who’s won four bowl games in the last five years) is a given, is laughable.

Reaction Score
Given UConn’s recent history, thinking a win against Army (who’s won four bowl games in the last five years) is a given, is laughable.
Army has no better athletes, just better coaching, more discipline and an ethos to battle hard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom