Recap/on the bright side | The Boneyard

Recap/on the bright side

Reaction Score
All things considered, I thought the defense looked good. And stayed consistent when the O was moving the ball. I fully believe this team has the talent to compete at a high level,not Georgia Alabama, but easily make a bowl next year. More brings in the right OC, and this team takes off.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Houston was halfassing it, but I saw some talent, a lack of FB IQ, a bunch of holes and no QB.

Not a one of the guys on the roster can be relied upon to deliver an accurate ball for 12 games. Mora needs to get as many QB's on this roster that we can accommodate. I'm not willing to wait and see if Tyler Phommachanh can play. He was mediocre at best against mediocre competition before he got hurt. #2 priority is pass rushers, the coverage was good enough a lot.of times only to have the QB have all day in the pocket. #3 is OL, run blocking is still horrible. Pass blocking is OK by comparison. #4 LB, especially OLB. Need more speed there. Probably need 1 DB to replace Lucien. We'll see who else transfers.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Ill be happy if we quadruple our win total from this year. No ecstatic is more like it.

2021 1-11 vs an easier schedule aside there are 4 easy for a legit program wins on the schedule. CCSU, FIU, Ball St, and Army. 4 should be the min. Also have Cuse, BC, and Liberty that are winnable if we get enough good transfers.

Reaction Score
It hurt to hear the announcer say "the kid from CT" after he made a catch for Michigan vs Ohio State today.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
2021 1-11 vs an easier schedule aside there are 4 easy for a legit program wins on the schedule. CCSU, FIU, Ball St, and Army. 4 should be the min. Also have Cuse, BC, and Liberty that are winnable if we get enough good transfers.
Army? The team that went 8-3 this year and smushed us as badly as anyone earlier in the year?

Reaction Score
The last 4-5 seasons of UConn Football have been absolutely unbearable. We've beaten one FBS school since mid-2017 and it's UMass. So tired of being pushed around by every school every week. My hope is that Mora can just get us back to respectability within the next 2 years.

Reaction Score
It hurt to hear the announcer say "the kid from CT" after he made a catch for Michigan vs Ohio State today.
You could have added to or reduced your pain by attending the UConn game today. ;)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I thought that was good effort. After the bad punt, we got hung with a holding call. I said out loud that's why we can't have good things. I watch the replay when I get home and it was a totally bogus call. I feel bad about that.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Army? The team that went 8-3 this year and smushed us as badly as anyone earlier in the year?

If you think Army is a good.win, then thank you for your interest in UConn FB.

Please stop making excuses for poor as an acceptable alternative to horrible. No who chooses to schedule Army thinks it's anything but must win.

Reaction Score
If you think Army is a good.win, then thank you for your interest in UConn FB.

Please stop making excuses for poor as an acceptable alternative to horrible. No who chooses to schedule Army thinks it's anything but must win.
Are you crazy?

Any FBS win is a good win at this point.

Any win against an FBS with a winning record is a great win.

Just because you hate the Academies doesn’t make them bad.

Reaction Score
This bugged me, to order your players, to punt away on the very last play for many of the players' careers here, let the kid from Southington throw it downfield like you mean it and try and score, maybe you get a flag..., but you really tried to score. Go down fighting, the punt was just sad.... The Final Surrender....

Reaction Score
This bugged me, to order your players, to punt away on the very last play for many of the players' careers here, let the kid from Southington throw it downfield like you mean it and try and score, maybe you get a flag..., but you really tried to score. Go down fighting, the punt was just sad.... The Final Surrender....

Pro move. We covered.

Reaction Score
All things considered, I thought the defense looked good. And stayed consistent when the O was moving the ball. I fully believe this team has the talent to compete at a high level,not Georgia Alabama, but easily make a bowl next year. More brings in the right OC, and this team takes off.
I watched a recording of the game and did a lot of play back multiple times. I do agree that the D was better and modern consistant. The OL well still work in progress . Will we be in a bowl next year? I think we need to try like hell.
Of course we need an antidote for Edsalitis.

Reaction Score
Yes I agree! What you said is thinking big. We think too small.

Reaction Score
The last 4-5 seasons of UConn Football have been absolutely unbearable. We've beaten one FBS school since mid-2017 and it's UMass. So tired of being pushed around by every school every week. My hope is that Mora can just get us back to respectability within the next 2 years.
Two years is very reasonable We should expect a miracle in Mora's first year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom