Rebecca Drop Kicks The Bully Smear | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rebecca Drop Kicks The Bully Smear

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Doris Burke once mentioned that McGraw said something indicating Geno had no class and she told McGraw she did not agree with her about that. She said Geno had done a lot for the game and done it the correct way.

Doris and her male sidekick (?Jenkins?)2014 Championship Game. Here is that beautiful moment when Doris started it off disagreeing with Muffet:

Reaction Score
Doris and her male sidekick (?Jenkins?)2014 Championship Game. Here is that beautiful moment when Doris started it off disagreeing with Muffet:

Dave O'Brien. He's been with NESN since 2016 doing Red Sox games. I liked the Doris and Dave combo during the national championship games, but ESPN wanted to go in a different direction to give us more Pam Ward.

Reaction Score
Note that Rebecca defended Geno w/out saying anything negative about Muffet. The easy thing to do would be to say something unpleasant about the ND coach, and there's plenty to say. Too bad she had to use Geno as emblematic of her issues with men. Underneath I have always suspected that Muffet was envious of Geno's success: why else to take opportunities to strike out at him. He's the best thing wcbb has experienced. Why not acknowledge that? I think it's safe to say that Muffet isn't a fun person.
She is absolutely GREEN with envy! :D:D:D

1554509673341.png

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Unless I missed it, not a single ND poster has commented on this thread. I'd love to see their comments - if they agree with Muffet, try to fit a square peg into a round hole by trying to explain what she REALLY meant, or if they just plain disagree with her.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Unless I missed it, not a single ND poster has commented on this thread. I'd love to see their comments - if they agree with Muffet, try to fit a square peg into a round hole by trying to explain what she REALLY meant, or if they just plain disagree with her.
There have been several threads on this already, and several ND fans commented here.

FWIW, I'm not necessarily surprised no ND fans have commented on a thread titled "Rebecca Drop Kicks The Bully Smear." Thread title seems pretty clearly tilted against MM. ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
FWIW, I'm not necessarily surprised no ND fans have commented on a thread titled "Rebecca Drop Kicks The Bully Smear." Thread title seems pretty clearly tilted against MM. ;)

At least that was the intent. You never know when you'll hit the bulls eye 'til you fire.

Reaction Score
Rebecca's statement was eloquent and a loyal defense of her coach. Salve for Huskies fans. But it isn't going to get retweeted by Barack Obama and a host of others like Mcgraw's rant did. A rant that did have some legitimate points. I mean like it or not she was elevated with her comments and the win. Political? Very likely. But effective in today's current political environment outside of basketball and the increasingly resentment from women basketball players about pay and media coverage. Except for Paige Bueckers she won the week. Hindsight is 20/20 but Geno probably should have punted on the whole assistant coaches flap.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Rebecca's statement was eloquent and a loyal defense of her coach. Salve for Huskies fans. But it isn't going to get retweeted by Barack Obama and a host of others like Mcgraw's rant did. A rant that did have some legitimate points. I mean like it or not she was elevated with her comments and the win. Political? Very likely. But effective in today's current political environment outside of basketball and the increasingly resentment from women basketball players about pay and media coverage. Except for Paige Bueckers she won the week. Hindsight is 20/20 but Geno probably should have punted on the whole assistant coaches flap.

You are right. It seems only extreme positions get attention and, I might add, unthinking allegiance. Muffet's position is simplistic, dangerous, mostly illegal, and will end up damaging the women's movement.

So Muffet, have you fired your male practice players yet? :eek:

Reaction Score
And a bitter Muffet is usually on the losing end. If not for UConn MM could have 8 NC's by now. Tell me she does not have a enormous chip on her shoulders.

Actually, ND would have two more (total of 4) with the possibility of one more. Thank Stewie for those two. However, Uconn would have the possibility of 5 more as they have lost 5 of 6 to ND in the semis.

Reaction Score
Muffet loves to act as though she is above the fray, when she is the one always ready to step into the mud.
While normally eloquent in her comments, on the difficult issues she seems to get nervous and emotional, leading to at times harsh statements. While I give her credit for being a motivator/manipulator, I wonder if given time would she have substituted different words (i.e. Re: Geno, "argue" versus "bully.")?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
While normally eloquent in her comments, on the difficult issues she seems to get nervous and emotional, leading to at times harsh statements. While I give her credit for being a motivator/manipulator, I wonder if given time would she have substituted different words (i.e. Re: Geno, "argue" versus "bully.")?

Not when it comes to Geno. More time would simply give her a better opportunity to say something even more demeaning. Geno has put an elephant in her head.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Rebecca Lobo said it best. Coach Muffet McGraw could learn a lot from Coach Geno Auriemma and Coach Chris Dailly. Instead of teaching her teams how to play dirty, how about teaching them the correct way to play.

Reaction Score
Rebecca Lobo said it best. Coach Muffet McGraw could learn a lot from Coach Geno Auriemma and Coach Chris Dailly. Instead of teaching her teams how to play dirty, how about teaching them the correct way to play.
You are right. It seems only extreme positions get attention and, I might add, unthinking allegiance. Muffet's position is simplistic, dangerous, mostly illegal, and will end up damaging the women's movement.

So Muffet, have you fired your male practice players yet? :eek:
Muffet loves to act as though she is above the fray, when she is the one always ready to step into the mud.

And sling it too.

Reaction Score
Note that Rebecca defended Geno w/out saying anything negative about Muffet. The easy thing to do would be to say something unpleasant about the ND coach, and there's plenty to say. Too bad she had to use Geno as emblematic of her issues with men. Underneath I have always suspected that Muffet was envious of Geno's success: why else to take opportunities to strike out at him. He's the best thing wcbb has experienced. Why not acknowledge that? I think it's safe to say that Muffet isn't a fun person.
That's one of many, many reasons why I want Baylor to destroy the Irish! This woman has portrayed the victim in regards to Geno for all too many years and to think that there was a time I had profound respect for her. Both her and Pat Summit later in their careers went out of their way to demonize Geno because of his incredible success and the media's anointing him as the best women's coach and the Huskies as the most dominant program in women's basketball. Their feminist attitudes and egos really fired up when Geno started getting hailed as the best of the best and since then, there have been some unprovoked attacks that Geno has chosen not to tolerate. Actually, he's been more of a gentleman than I would have been, were I in his shoes.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
That's one of many, many reasons why I want Baylor to destroy the Irish! This woman has portrayed the victim in regards to Geno for all too many years and to think that there was a time I had profound respect for her. Both her and Pat Summit later in their careers went out of their way to demonize Geno because of his incredible success and the media's anointing him as the best women's coach and the Huskies as the most dominant program in women's basketball. Their feminist attitudes and egos really fired up when Geno started getting hailed as the best of the best and since then, there have been some unprovoked attacks that Geno has chosen not to tolerate. Actually, he's been more of a gentleman than I would have been, were I in his shoes.

Like x 1,000! ^^^^^

Reaction Score
Based on Geno's reaction to the pre-game coach's hand shake and the end of the game shake, Geno is done with Muffet. That bridge has been burned by MM.
What happened during the pre-game handshake? I saw the end game handshake and nothing seemed out of the ordinary

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom