Reasons for Negativity | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Reasons for Negativity

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
the morris mountain took a beating back then
He tells a great story being in a bar after a loss, maybe in the Big East tournament when it was played in Hartford. Some random old dude came up to him and said “Why are you here drinking a beer? You should be back in your dorm room… crying into a towel!” I asked him what his response was and he said “I just smiled and nodded and walked away. Didn’t want to lose the scholarship.”

Reaction Score
In general, I think many on the board are too quick to reach conclusions regarding player development and team play every year. I'll bet if you go back and look at the comments made on the Boneyard during the first ten games of each national championship year for UConn you'll see loads of criticism. "Calhoun can't coach offense,

Reaction Score
-cont'd. Talked sucks, etc." It takes time. Many players improve greatly and teams come together in the last quarter of the season.

Reaction Score
I intentionally avoided the Boneyard after the Creighton loss because I knew there would be some wild takes based on that 1 game, as usual. Many of you have rationale thoughts and expectations, but some of you are nuts. When you guys stole that cow and one of you tried to make it with that cow. I want to party with you cowboys.
I thought for the most part we played well and just shot extremely poorly. Some forced shots and some shots we should have taken but didn't. Sometimes that happens. Puke played the Irish the other day and beat them 57-43. Puke shot 39.4% and ND shot 27.9%. One top 10 team and one decent unranked team. It happens. We shot 29.9%.
I know we're not a good outside shooting team, so in my mind there are 2 keys to our success. Cole having a good night (he didn't this time) and offensive rebounding. We had 18 of them which is decent, but the put backs just didn't go in.
Yup some put ack attempts were made 3 times and still failed.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It's not the record
I think it has to do with UConn being 0-5 in games decided by 4 points or less this season. In year 4 of Hurley I think we expected to be much better at closing out close games and we're still terrible at it. Four seasons and a combined 6-25 in 4 points or less games will have the fanbase wondering when or if we'll become a great team again.
and when was the last time we won a game that we were underdogs in? People are mad because the product on the court is not what should be accepted at UCONN regardless of the record.

Reaction Score
It's not the record

and when was the last time we won a game that we were underdogs in? People are mad because the product on the court is not what should be accepted at UCONN regardless of the record.
You’re not going to be happy until we have an 08-09 type season. You have no enjoyment in anything in between. You’re a terrible fan. This fan base is so snotty and entitled sometimes. I hate it.

Excepted? Spoil a** brats is more fitting

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Lighten up.
We sucked forever before we were good. And even that great 24 year stretch had ups and downs. Now its not enough that the team is getting better, we have to be 2004 good today? That's fine as a goal, not a demand.
It's going to take more time. Maybe Hurley only gets us close.
A fan's expectations for the team mean nothing. Reality always wins.

I wish the Yankees were the murderers row team every year. But they aren't. And they probably never will be

Reaction Score
If you think this is negative, thank God Adama got fouled against St. John's. We almost gave that one away too and won by the skin of our teeth. That's why the natives are getting restless.

Reaction Score
You’re not going to be happy until we have an 08-09 type season. You have no enjoyment in anything in between. You’re a terrible fan. This fan base is so snotty and entitled sometimes. I hate it.

Excepted? Spoil a** brats is more fitting

And you’re entitled in your own way too. Keep being happy with those moral victories and blowing roses around for a team that keeps losing the close ones. Like it or not no one is snotty thinking we could and should be 17-3 but something is just not right. They’re just concerned the bubble is right around the corner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom