OT: - Reason 999 Coach K needs to call it a career... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Reason 999 Coach K needs to call it a career...

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
So coach needs time to digest the game that they just lost, but comes with that analogy completely out of the blue with no lead time. BS. K is a turd and just didn't want to answer. No defense for the face of the men's team.

Reaction Score
Far be it from me to stick up for coach k but besides a professional goofball like Tom Brennan who are the coaches who aren't going to be a little bit short with dumb questions after a loss?

Top 30 Jim Calhoun GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
He's got that sort of douchey tone to him, but I immediately was excited seeing this headline on twitter when it happened, and I listened and was pretty disappointed. I sort of liked the analogy.

Again, his tone is annoying and he's annoying with his know-it-all stuff or "I know more about basketball" stuff that coaches get ... but what he actually said wasn't that big of a deal and kind of made sense, actually.

Reaction Score
K "What is your major?" Translation I am a God errr Coach and how dare you ask me that question?
And then he goes into his you just took a hard test and have no idea what your next move is nonsense. Coaches have a God complex and are kings of their own castle. That is why so many never leave to take on real jobs in the economy. Well that and the exorbitant pay they get compared to regular folks. K was wrong here and needs to just answer the question unless he did not know the answer in which case he could have said "I need to go watch the tape and figure that out." Coaches are held on way too high a pedestal in this society. It is a high intensity job and requires quick thinking. They are not performing successful joint replacements 5 days a week, neurosurgery, running into burning buildings, dealing with active shooters, domestic disturbance calls, highway traffic stops that can lead to a shooting, or rioters. They get away with being babies way too often.

Reaction Score
....If I had watched the entire post game I wouldn’t even remember this question/answer. I’m not a Duke or a Coach k fan but this doesn’t prove he’s classy or classless. It really shows nothing other than people are bored and if they’re taking offense to this then I was born in the wrong time. I feel sorry for my kids.

Reaction Score
Far be it from me to stick up for coach k but besides a professional goofball like Tom Brennan who are the coaches who aren't going to be a little bit short with dumb questions after a loss?

Top 30 Jim Calhoun GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat
Question was not dumb, in fact it is pretty standard. Also, how many temper tantrums did JC have involving a student reporter.

Reaction Score
K "What is your major?" Translation I am a God errr Coach and how dare you ask me that question?
And then he goes into his you just took a hard test and have no idea what your next move is nonsense. Coaches have a God complex and are kings of their own castle. That is why so many never leave to take on real jobs in the economy. Well that and the exorbitant pay they get compared to regular folks. K was wrong here and needs to just answer the question unless he did not know the answer in which case he could have said "I need to go watch the tape and figure that out." Coaches are held on way too high a pedestal in this society. It is a high intensity job and requires quick thinking. They are not performing successful joint replacements 5 days a week, neurosurgery, running into burning buildings, dealing with active shooters, domestic disturbance calls, highway traffic stops that can lead to a shooting, or rioters. They get away with being babies way too often.
Right on. K exposed his God-complex a few years back in the TV commercial where he said, "I don't consider myself a baaaasssketball coach. I consider myself a leader who happens to coach baaaasssketball." I would shout at the screen, "You're a basketball coach, you absurd twit!" Now I wonder even about that.

Reaction Score
What will happen to that conference when the ACC's Septuagenarian Club finally retires?
  • Boeheim - 76
  • Coach K - 73
  • Hamilton - 72
  • Larrañaga - 71
  • Williams - 70
That's fully 1/3 of the conference and not enough Tony Bennetts to go around.

Reaction Score
It's interesting that as Vitale ramps down his career, and every major college basketball game is no longer a two hour recruiting commercial for Duke, that Coach K. is having a tough time.

I had often said, if Vitale had given UConn the free, positive publicity that he gave Coach K, Calhoun would have won ten championships.

Reaction Score
Guess we have a different views on what is deemed acceptable behavior.

Could be that, or you're just wrong. If you watch that video and think his response to the question from the student reporter was a "temper tantrum" you don't know what that phrase means. And I'm not a K fan.

Reaction Score
Could be that, or you're just wrong. If you watch that video and think his response to the question from the student reporter was a "temper tantrum" you don't know what that phrase means. And I'm not a K fan.
Could be that, or it could be that you are fine with belittling people who you believe are lesser than you. Given how generally communicate on this board I am confident I know which of the two it is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom