Really pulling for Houston to make a FF run | The Boneyard

Really pulling for Houston to make a FF run

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
Really pulling for Houston to make a FF run. Solidly coached team that plays every possession hard, well coached, class of the AAC. I think they have what it takes to shut down the hot hand if they run into it and they won't succumb to junk defenses because they are so disciplined. They finally broke through to the 2nd weekend and I think this is their year.

GO COUGARS.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Hopefully their guys are healthy enough. Seemed like Houston stumbled to the finish line against RU.

Reaction Score
1616872199362.png

Reaction Score
Hopefully their guys are healthy enough. Seemed like Houston stumbled to the finish line against RU.
They finished the game strong, well at least stronger than Rutgers. Rutgers was leading for almost the entire game and then they went into the stall offense way too soon at the 5 min mark.

I have Houston beating Syracuse. They might have trouble with the zone when running their offense, but Houston is one of the top offensive rebounding teams in the country and Syracuse's zone is susceptible to offensive rebounding. Unlike UConn against Maryland, I think Houston will capitalize on the rebounding and score off the put backs.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I need Houston to make the Final Four to have any prayer of finishing in the money in my bracket.

Reaction Score
Nevermind Houston. Go Oregon St! If they reach the Ffour that would be one of the more unique runs ever witnessed (obviously 2011 UConn will forever be #1). But think, 3 in a row just to get in, won 3 in a row so far to get to the elite 8. They went from barely .500, at 14-12, to 20-12 now (not long ago they were a middling 11-11 (7-9 in the Pac 12). Pretty impressive. Take out Cuse or Houston! Never seen a 12 seed in the FFour, one win to history!

Reaction Score
I have Houston in the Championship game in my bracket. Sampson can coach and he has a team of studs this year. Pulling for him...

Reaction Score
If Cuse beats Houston, they will be favorites to make the Final Four again, right? Can’t have that.

Houston shoots a lot of threes, offensive rebounds well, and has an experienced coach who should be able to competently prep for the zone. Solid recipe to stamp out Syracuse, no matter how hot they are right now. The biting kid got hurt vs Rutgers, but hopefully he is ready to go.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
With Loyola Chicago losing there is really nobody to root for except Houston. That they are playing Syracuse makes it a slam dunk.

Reaction Score
The cheating he did at Indiana isn't even cheating anymore (texting players). Anything else?

Indiana should have never fired him. They are still searching for a coach as good as Sampson.

yup

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Sampson has done such an outrageously good job with this program.
It’s unbelievable- I don’t mean this in a negative way either- imagine if they found guys that could shoot consistently on top of the defense they play. Sheesh.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
It’s unbelievable- I don’t mean this in a negative way either- imagine if they found guys that could shoot consistently on top of the defense they play. Sheesh.
Unfortunately I think that’s what Hurley wants. Junkyard dogs on D and find some offense along the way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom