Really impressed by Enoch's mobility | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Really impressed by Enoch's mobility

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
We get that you are a Brimah hater. It makes it easy for you to pass hyperbole off as fact to bolster your position.

Fact: Brimah is foul prone, but given the limited sample size (freshman to sophmore seasons) has shown improvement season to season.

Fact according to NDakotaHusky
If history means anything Brimah will spend most of his time on the bench during big games with multiple fouls.

Fact: He played less than 20 minutes (ie, 'most of his time on the bench') 5 times last year. He played more than 3/4 of the game (ie, >30 minutes) 11 times.

Fact: 2 of the 5 games he spent more than half the time on the bench were "big games" (Duke and Stanford). One was a conference tourney game (Cincy) so I guess you could count that as a big game too. But he didn't foul out of that tourney game, and the 3 other tourney games he played 30, 31 and 24 minutes, and was never in foul trouble. The other "big games" in the regular season, he played 30 minutes and committed 3 fouls (Texas), 29/2 (WV). Against the top of the AAC (Cinci, SMU and Memphis) he averaged a hair under 32 minutes and 3.1 fouls.

Fact: For the season, he averaged >26 minutes per game, and 2.8 fouls. Compare that to 16.2 and 2.9 as a freshman, and the improvement in his foul tendencies borders on monumental.

Reaction Score
Love the guys who pretend to be fans but obviously haven't watched a game in a year and a half.

I would argue with you, but it's November and I'm golfing in North Dakota. Life is good at the moment.

Reaction Score
As someone who didn't watch the game: How did he end up with 0 rebounds? Is he just not an instinctive rebounder?

New Haven had almost no inside game, so our guards probably had a disproportionate number of boards.

I was really impressed with Enoch's offensive skills. Granted, the competition was weak, but every time he got the ball, he reacted without hesitation.

Reaction Score
Let's calm down a bit. He will become a solid player but no way he becomes a starter this year. He's our 10th/11th player right now. It'll take more than 'quick to the finish' vs. a team like UNH to leap past Brimah's positives. He showed vs. even Tampa that he has a ways to go.
Some of you guys still put way too much stock in to who starts. This isn't your highschool varsity team. This is UConn, a blueblood D1 program who this particular year goes at least two deep with talent at every position.

Aside; Nolan started every game in the 2014 tournament.

Doesn't necessarily mean Enoch is a better player or deserves/gets more minutes if he starts. He may just offer better/different looks to start the game. Or at least give Brimah some buffer time for the first half so he doesn't collect two fouls too quickly.

Last edited:

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
Do some of you not recall that Brimah helped UConn win a national championship? That UConn would not have had any chance against some of the big teams they played that year in the tournament without Brimah? That Brimah is defensive player of the year in the AAC?

Why the hate? Because he is not EO?

I love watching him play, his smile, enthusiasm... Ok, he's not the best big man UConn has ever had. He's not Kareem Adbul Jabbar (but some of you would still hate him if he were that good).

I think some people have a need to hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom