Really impressed by Enoch's mobility | The Boneyard

Really impressed by Enoch's mobility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For a kid his size, he has great quickness, good hands and pretty good basketball IQ. I think this kid is going to see more time than most prognosticators could've guessed.

Reaction Score
He occasionally loses track of the ball or the play, but I do like what I see from him when he's set and operating down low.

Reaction Score
His athletic ability could make him a starter by the end of the year. A lot quicker to finish than Brimah.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
As someone who didn't watch the game: How did he end up with 0 rebounds? Is he just not an instinctive rebounder?

Reaction Score
As someone who didn't watch the game: How did he end up with 0 rebounds? Is he just not an instinctive rebounder?

He did have one rebound. I just think it was the way the game unfolded. He only played 11 minutes. The lack of boards wasn't from him being out of position, just the way the ball bounces some time.He's got great size and he looks very strong.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
He did have one rebound. I just think it was the way the game unfolded. He only played 11 minutes. The lack of boards wasn't from him being out of position, just the way the ball bounces some time.He's got great size and he looks very strong.
Does he know how to box out? Not being flip with this question - it's a legitimate skill, and not all kids know how to do it. Wondering if he needs some time watching tapes of Adrien.

Reaction Score
We were so much bigger and more talented than New Haven that it looked to me like the players were kind of coasting on offense especially. It was almost like they didn't want to embarrass NH. Defensively they looked great and very active and I thought it was very interesting that Ollie again used a soft full court press and full court 2-1-2 zone press for almost the entire game. I think the game was just so disjointed because we were so much bigger, stronger and more talented than they were that the stats, including Enoch's rebounds, aren't a good indicator. Enoch looked active. I think he will rebound fine once he learns positioning and such.

Reaction Score
Does he know how to box out? Not being flip with this question - it's a legitimate skill, and not all kids know how to do it. Wondering if he needs some time watching tapes of Adrien.
I think the kid has a good handle on rebounding. There were several times when he went after a board that Facey or Miller were just that little bit quicker to the ball. He's gonna do just fine.

Reaction Score
inb4 Big Man Coach

Reaction Score
he looked great today, my bet is he's off the bench before Nolan or Facey--- had the body of a kid much older. Really nice that we can throw him in with Brimah if we want to go 'large'

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Depending on Nolan's injury, he could be seeing more PT in the early-season cupcakes than the exhibition games indicated.

Reaction Score
He's not going to start over Brimah or Miller.
I don't see why not. He's shown fabulous mobility. Brimah seems about the same as last year. Anyways, starting probably doesn't matter so much. If history means anything Brimah will spend most of his time on the bench during big games with multiple fouls.

Reaction Score
I don't see why not. He's shown fabulous mobility. Brimah seems about the same as last year. Anyways, starting probably doesn't matter so much. If history means anything Brimah will spend most of his time on the bench during big games with multiple fouls.
This is a clown ass post . Even if "brimah is the same as last year" there's no way in hell enoch is ready to usurp his starting/closing minutes. Did you miss the entire first exhibition? It's best for you to reserve judgement on that matter until uconn plays good comp.

Reaction Score
This is a clown ass post . Even if "brimah is the same as last year" there's no way in hell enoch is ready to usurp his starting/closing minutes. Did you miss the entire first exhibition? It's best for you to reserve judgement on that matter until uconn plays good comp.

Thanks, but I'll be the judge of what is best for me

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Unless he's going to be top 3in the nation in blocks, it's not going to happen. Brimah changes the game.

Reaction Score
If we put Enoch and Miller in at the same time they could take up the entire paint

C

Chief00

For a kid his size, he has great quickness, good hands and pretty good basketball IQ. I think this kid is going to see more time than most prognosticators could've guessed.
You are right about the hands. Andre had the best hands of any Big at UConn in recent years but Enoch is second.

Reaction Score
Enoch looked real good, had some great post moves. I'm just hoping he can get some playing time and develop. I would like to see him play the 4 and Brimah at the 5.

pj

Reaction Score
Enoch looked real good, had some great post moves. I'm just hoping he can get some playing time and develop. I would like to see him play the 4 and Brimah at the 5.

I would like to see him play both spots, and take over the 5 when Brimah leaves.

Reaction Score

Love the guys who pretend to be fans but obviously haven't watched a game in a year and a half.

Reaction Score
His athletic ability could make him a starter by the end of the year. A lot quicker to finish than Brimah.
Let's calm down a bit. He will become a solid player but no way he becomes a starter this year. He's our 10th/11th player right now. It'll take more than 'quick to the finish' vs. a team like UNH to leap past Brimah's positives. He showed vs. even Tampa that he has a ways to go.

Reaction Score
Enoch is barely 18 and he will get stronger and more comfortable as the year goes on. We are really going to need him a the 4/5 next year and this season will give him the experience he needs. He has outstanding skills and is going to be a great player for us but it likely won't be this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom