Realistic goals for the season | The Boneyard

Realistic goals for the season

Reaction Score
Agreed. Let’s win a NCAA tourney game first. We have a lot of pieces but we also have a lot of questions starting with Coach Hurley and his game coaching. I am hoping to see two things: (1) a team that isn’t playing tight most of the time, and (2) ball handling, ball handling and ball handling. I think the shooting will be much improved. We know the team will be an absolute defensive juggernaut and monsters on the boards so it could very well be a special season.

Reaction Score
Lofty goals: National title. WIn Big East regular season and tournament.

Realistic goals to strive for: Elite Eight. Win one of BE regular season or tournament.

Satisfied with: Sweet Sixteen. Top 3 finish in BE regular season, Big East tourny finals.

Minimum expectations: Win a game in the tournament. Top 4 BE finish and BET semis.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Lofty goals: National title. WIn Big East regular season and tournament.

Realistic goals to strive for: Elite Eight. Win one of BE regular season or tournament.

Satisfied with: Sweet Sixteen. Top 3 finish in BE regular season, Big East tourny finals.

Minimum expectations: Win a game in the tournament. Top 4 BE finish and BET semis.
That’s pretty damn close to my thoughts.

Reaction Score
Time to get irresponsible:
Win BE
Elite 8 or beyond

Realistic:
Top 3 BE
Sweet 16

Fire Hurley (that was a joke):
Outside top 3 BE
First round March exit

Reaction Score
Odd season. Lots of transfers who will not be around long. Also, some of our returning players may opt out after this year. So it seems like it's all about the coming year. Not some kind of develop year setting up the following year.

All that said, a win in the tournament would be nice. Sounds realistic.... but who knows. Too many new players to sensibly predict anything

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Win the Big East season title, then the Big East tourney and then win the National Championship

Reaction Score
22 wins, top 3 Big East, one win in Big East Tourney. Sweet 16.

Reaction Score
- Big East semis. Would like a championship or at least 2nd but hard to say without seeing matchups

- Sweet 16 berth. Again hard to predict matchups but if we're a top 20ish team all season and get a 4-5 seed those are 2 winnable games

Reaction Score
I could see anywhere from 21-25 regular season wins. Would like to get to the BE final but that’s not super important.

We need to win a tournament game. It’s time for these players, Hurley and this staff to show up when it matters.

Reaction Score
Odd season. Lots of transfers who will not be around long. Also, some of our returning players may opt out after this year. So it seems like it's all about the coming year. Not some kind of develop year setting up the following year.

All that said, a win in the tournament would be nice. Sounds realistic.... but who knows. Too many new players to sensibly predict anything
Have you not seen the recruiting class for next year?

Reaction Score
Minimal:
Maintain National presence (top 25 in/out)
Top 4 in BE
20+ reg season wins
Semis in BET
Win Tourney Game (get monkey off back)

Ideal:
Maintain national presence (always top 25)
Top 2 in BE
24+ regular season wins
Win BET
Sweet 16 Run

Best case scenario:
Top 10
Win regular season
Win BET
Elite 8

Anything less than minimal we can complain but in Hurley I trust.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Had to find and dust off my National Flag Blue glasses. Seems like most are talking realistic goals.
Sorry, to me, a goal is where you hope to get, not where you expect to get.
Just like every year, my goal is to win the NCAA tourney.
Is it going to happen? Maybe.
But a goal is what you shoot for, not what you're willing to settle for.
The view through my National Flag Blue glasses is the same as every year. Does it happen every year? Heck no. But it's happened 4 times since 1999, and no other school's fans can say that!

Reaction Score
We'll have a fine regular season--we probably always will with Hurley because playing hard and being bigger/badder/stronger/faster/more hard working will pay off.

It's time for Hurley to do something in the BET or NCAAT of note. Another first round exit and that seat gets hot, hot, hot. He's a pretty solid coach, but if you can't win when it matters, all the recruiting and intensity in the world is just fluff.

Reaction Score
The goal should always be a national championship for a program like UConn. Hurley is getting us back to that standard with our recent recruiting.

The minimum is winning a game (or two) in the NCAAT

Realistic goal for this year has to be Sweet 16. Anything less would be another disappointment

Reaction Score
Sanogo, Hawkins, Newton, and Ajax has every bit of potential to be as good as creighton’s core. We need to seriously compete for the BE regular season title, make it to the BE tourney champ game(not a big deal), and sweet 16. That’s the next step. The “Core 4” can be one of the best in the country this season. Maybe that’s homerism. But that’s a lot of talent in my opinion. I have high expectations for this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom