Realistic Expectations | The Boneyard

Realistic Expectations

Reaction Score
What are people expecting for this year? In my own opinion I'd like to see 6-6 as an obtainable goal.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Christmas Day, I was thinking 1-11.
Realistically 5-7.

When I read the opening line, 5 - 7 came to mind. I also hope we are competative in the games. Last year was painfull, and I'm being generous!

If we by chance get to 6 - 6, I will be ecstatic!!!!!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I haven't given this deep thought, but I think 6 wins is the ceiling at the edge of reasonable optimism. The quality of play is what will really matter. Does the team look better the last four games of the year? That's what I want to see, a much better team by year end.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
My expectation is for them to win every game. Setting such low expectations is short-sited. Obviously, none of you have ever coached football.
Pretty clear you haven't either. Never meet a real coach who wasted time on a board like this.

Reaction Score
7-5 or 8-4. Randy wins the games he should. Some teams on our schedule will be worse than expected. I think we'll be better than expected. Clock management, reasonable strategy and proper use of players would have had us there last year. I think we ride Arkeel and a properly used Shirrefs or Pindel to a pretty good season.

Reaction Score
Pretty clear you haven't either. Never meet a real coach who wasted time on a board like this.
I come here from information, sometimes there is actually good info here, but usually not.

Reaction Score
I truly believe 6 weeks and a bowl is doable. Could be less, probably not much better. I think we are a better team than our records indicated last year. With a better coaching staff we would have been better, a LOT better. If we get less than 6, then it wasn't just coaching, but a significant talent shortage as well.

Reaction Score
I do not think a 7 win season is unattainable, but realistically I want to see husky nation out in full force supporting football. This is what will help us get into a P5

Reaction Score
I don't care as much about wins and losses this year than I do seeing competent play in all phases. The offensive line is still a big question mark and there will be a bunch of new faces in the defensive backfield. If the coaching staff can mask those deficiencies a little, I think 5-6 wins are obtainable.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Couple of factors go into this season. Yes the players will be better coached. They will be playing a different system so we have to see how they adapt. The coaches will be limited in some things because the roster isn't where they want it to be. JB Grimes can only work with what he has and the linebackers aren't that fast.

That being said- they will now play with a purpose- and success will breed success. The QB situation is more competitive and the offense will have a direction. The defense will attack and hopefully cause some 3 and outs and turnovers. Finally, the schedule turns with Tulsa, SMU and Memphis - spread teams that have good offenses.

I would be very happy with 6 and 6

Reaction Score
I wanna see a more disciplined team, an offense in a tempo, an improved O-line a smash mouth D, game breaking plays on special teams. Im not expectating greatness in terms of wins but I wanna see a coaching staff that won't punt the season (i.e. Diaco). I wanna see a team that will hit the hell out of you till the final whistle regardless of score. A coach who hates losing is not afraid to get into players faces when they miss an assignment etc.

With the MBB team season over, RE and company you are on the clock. Uconn sports has been really tough to watch lately aside from WBB.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Tell me who the QB is going to be and if the line will be able to block. Hard to see RE allowing less than 4. Any bowl game would be a success. I think the expectation is to enjoy these games again and not get lit up by mediocre teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom