Real v PSG in Round of 16! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Real v PSG in Round of 16!

Reaction Score
I was on my flight home from the UK during the Spurs-Juve match, so had to track it online. I couldn’t stream it, just got the ‘live ticker’ updates. I nearly woke up the plane when it refreshed to show Erikssen ties it at 2 in the 71st minute. Couldn’t believe how much Juve seemed to sit back st 2-0, and thank goodness Higuen (sp?) missed the second PK. March 7th should be an epic game at Wembley.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They just changed the rules and now 4 EPL teams go straight into the CL main draw, no more play-in game for 4th. Must be some good coefficienting going on.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They just changed the rules and now 4 EPL teams go straight into the CL main draw, no more play-in game for 4th. Must be some good coefficienting going on.
What do I care? :rolleyes: :(

Reaction Score
For this thread - No Neymar for a while. Hopefully he's back to full speed for Russia

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This could happen due to the new rules. Say the PL ends like this:

1. City
2. ManU
3. Chelsea
4. Spurs
5. Liverpool
6. Arsenal

And if Liverpool and Arsenal win their respective tournaments, they would go on to the CL next year and Spurs would go to the Europa League.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This could happen due to the new rules. Say the PL ends like this:

1. City
2. ManU
3. Chelsea
4. Spurs
5. Liverpool
6. Arsenal

And if Liverpool and Arsenal win their respective tournaments, they would go on to the CL next year and Spurs would go to the Europa League.
That would be awesome. But I'm not expecting Arsenal to win anything this year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Spurs should have went through. They let the Juve gamesmanship get the better of them.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Spurs should have went through. They let the Juve gamesmanship get the better of them.

Yeah, and that penalty shot that Juve should have had early in the game which would have made it 1-0 and a moot point, but..."gamesmanship"... ;)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
OK, I'll call it consistent foul play. I hate that stuff, like Son getting spiked 3 times in one encounter while the Juve guy spreads his arms saying "wha". Happened all game and I think it had an effect.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
OK, I'll call it consistent foul play. I hate that stuff, like Son getting spiked 3 times in one encounter while the Juve guy spreads his arms saying "wha". Happened all game and I think it had an effect.

It happened both ways. One I found particularly funny (not really) was Dembele falling like he had been shot and getting the call, while the replay showed he wasn't touched.

Of course Tottenham was fine with that while they held the away goals lead and after they scored too. It became less okay after Juve's second goal though, I guess...

Reaction Score
Bump.

;)
Congrats, how did Roma do? (Honest question)

Terrible officiating, but Spurs blew it by not finishing enough of their chances. Kane missed one he usually makes. Son getting spiked should have been a straight red, which surely changes the game. Juve deserved a penalty. But both of their goals came after they should have been playing 10 v 11. Tough loss, but Spurs will be back in the CL, they can build off this. They get Moura up to speed and become even more dangerous.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Congrats, how did Roma do? (Honest question)

Terrible officiating, but Spurs blew it by not finishing enough of their chances. Kane missed one he usually makes. Son getting spiked should have been a straight red, which surely changes the game. Juve deserved a penalty. But both of their goals came after they should have been playing 10 v 11. Tough loss, but Spurs will be back in the CL, they can build off this. They get Moura up to speed and become even more dangerous.

Roma will play next Tuesday. They are down 2-1, but have a critical away goal. A 1-0 victory would see them through. But they'll have to be careful not to give anything up in the process...

Reaction Score
It happened both ways. One I found particularly funny (not really) was Dembele falling like he had been shot and getting the call, while the replay showed he wasn't touched.

Of course Tottenham was fine with that while they held the away goals lead and after they scored too. It became less okay after Juve's second goal though, I guess...
You can't really compare a guy flopping to a guy straight spiking another. The flop deserves the yellow. The intentional spike is a straight red. Two totally different plays.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
You can't really compare a guy flopping to a guy straight spiking another. The flop deserves the yellow. The intentional spike is a straight red. Two totally different plays.

There were plenty of bs calls the other way. Again, if Douglas Costa is awarded the pk like he should have been, Juve is up 1-0 and none of this stuff even happens. It was beyond ridiculous...

Reaction Score
There were plenty of bs calls the other way. Again, if Douglas Costa is awarded the pk like he should have been, Juve is up 1-0 and none of this stuff even happens. It was beyond ridiculous...
I said the reffing was terrible. I said Costa should have been awarded a penalty. But Higuain missed a PK. You can't assume Costa takes or makes the PK .

Even if Juve does convert, you have no idea what would have happened after that, whether or not Juve would have played the same 2nd half they did without the pressure of needing two goals, whether Spurs would have played better needing a goal (the way they did in the first leg), or whether Son (or another player) still would have been spiked by a dirty Juve player.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I said the reffing was terrible. I said Costa should have been awarded a penalty. But Higuain missed a PK. You can't assume Costa takes or makes the PK .

Even if Juve does convert, you have no idea what would have happened after that, whether or not Juve would have played the same 2nd half they did without the pressure of needing two goals, whether Spurs would have played better needing a goal (the way they did in the first leg), or whether Son (or another player) still would have been spiked by a dirty Juve player.

I absolutely know how Juve would have played after the pk, just as you do, just as we all saw after they went up 2-1. They bunker with 10 and let Higuain be the pressure outlet. And the game had a very good chance of finishing 1-0, or maybe even 2-0 if spurs opened up to get the tie...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Roma wins 1-0 to get through. Man U gets bounced. Overall, a good soccer day for me...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What happened to the team that played on Saturday?

Reaction Score
What happened to the team that played on Saturday?
I understand they won the game, but Man U literally had 2 chances in that game, albeit converting both. It seemed obvious to me that Liverpool was the better team, they just lacked in the final third this day.

Reaction Score
tomorrow we ride

not-man-utd-not-chelsea-either-live-tb-to-the-3509147.png

Reaction Score
Liverpool v Man City
Juventus v Real Madrid
Barca v Roma
Bayern v Sevilla

smells of corruption

Reaction Score
Liverpool v Man City
Juventus v Real Madrid
Barca v Roma
Bayern v Sevilla

smells of corruption

I think Liverpool and Juve can make it interesting but it seems like chalk for the semis: Bayern, Barca, Real, City. That would be an epic semifinal regardless of the match-ups.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Selfishly, I think it sucks that two teams I hate the most (Juve, RM) are playing each other. They both can't lose.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom