Juventus (ITA) v Tottenham (ENG)
Basel (SUI) v Man. City (ENG)
Porto (POR) v Liverpool (ENG)
Sevilla (ESP) v Man. United (ENG)
Real Madrid (ESP) v Paris (FRA)
Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) v Roma (ITA)
Chelsea (ENG) v Barcelona (ESP)
Bayern (GER) v Beşiktaş (TUR)

I'm glad Liverpool avoided the iron. Come on you Spurs!

Reaction Score
Not happy about Spurs draw. We had 6 possible opponents, 4 of which I would have been thrilled with. Instead, having a group stage including REal and Dortmund, now we get a Juve whose style (even beyond talent) I think will be difficult.

Anyway, those matches are two months off. A lot of games to win in the interim. (But what else can go right for Man City in a year when everything is going right for Man City?)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Juventus (ITA) v Tottenham (ENG)
Real Madrid (ESP) v Paris (FRA)
Chelsea (ENG) v Barcelona (ESP)
All 3 should be pretty interesting ties. Dropping 3 good team in the Sweet Sixteen.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Not happy about Spurs draw. We had 6 possible opponents, 4 of which I would have been thrilled with. Instead, having a group stage including REal and Dortmund, now we get a Juve whose style (even beyond talent) I think will be difficult.

Anyway, those matches are two months off. A lot of games to win in the interim. (But what else can go right for Man City in a year when everything is going right for Man City?)

As a Juve fan, I'm happy with the draw. Although you know what they say; be careful what you wish for. I'm also happy that Roma drew Shakhtar. I'm hoping both Italian teams get through to the next round...

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Juve
Man City
Porto
Man U
Real Madrid
Roma
Chelsea
Bayern
I have going through.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Liverpool will go through. Can't see Chelsea winning.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
The Real Madrid - PSG matchup is a really intriguing one for me (I'm rooting for PSG, I suppose). The way that the PSG team is playing right now, it's hard to imagine anyone stopping them. It's looking more and more like that ridiculously priced contract for Neymar was worth every penny, but of course, the fans of PSG will judge that based on what happens in this matchup I'm guessing...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Real Madrid - PSG matchup is a really intriguing one for me (I'm rooting for PSG, I suppose). The way that the PSG team is playing right now, it's hard to imagine anyone stopping them. It's looking more and more like that ridiculously priced contract for Neymar was worth every penny, but of course, the fans of PSG will judge that based on what happens in this matchup I'm guessing...
As a neutral, I'm looking forward to a couple of rip-roaring games.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Liverpool v. Porto has a UConn connection. Liverpool came to The Rent and put on a show. Porto was scheduled to come to The Rent but they cancelled and were replaced by a boring Benfica. Probably the worst soccer game in the history of The Rent. So I figure all UConn fans will be supporting Liverpool.

Reaction Score
Liverpool v. Porto has a UConn connection. Liverpool came to The Rent and put on a show. Porto was scheduled to come to The Rent but they cancelled and were replaced by a boring Benfica. Probably the worst soccer game in the history of The Rent. So I figure all UConn fans will be supporting Liverpool.
My fiance was "Fan of the Game" for the Benfica game and we got a signed Benfica jersey. I am a Benfica fan but I'm rooting for Porto b/c Portuguese football is underrated and I hate Liverpool - and their fans who are stuck in the past.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My fiance was "Fan of the Game" for the Benfica game and we got a signed Benfica jersey. I am a Benfica fan but I'm rooting for Porto b/c Portuguese football is underrated and I hate Liverpool - and their fans who are stuck in the past.
They didn't even try to go forward. A light jog for 90 minutes, a few PK's collect a check and move on. Benfica can't lose enough to suit me.

Reaction Score
They didn't even try to go forward. A light jog for 90 minutes, a few PK's collect a check and move on. Benfica can't lose enough to suit me.
Lol. If you expect teams to “try” during preseason then that’s your own fault.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Juve
Man City
Porto
Man U
Real Madrid
Roma
Chelsea
Bayern
I have going through.

Solid list. As a Man U supporter I hate to admit it, but Man City is very, very strong.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Lol. If you expect teams to “try” during preseason then that’s your own fault.
Liverpool kicked ass when I watched them at The Rent. I guess that spoiled me for watching also-rans.

Reaction Score
Liverpool kicked ass when I watched them at The Rent. I guess that spoiled me for watching also-rans.
I feel you. Fandom aside, that Benfica game was boring as hell. Preseason games, in any sport, just don’t do it for me. On the bright side, those tickets were about $15 on Groupon.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Liverpool makes a big move signing VVD, adds to a position of need.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I am a Benfica fan but I'm rooting for Porto b/c Portuguese football is underrated and I hate Liverpool - and their fans who are stuck in the past.
Not true. I am completely in the present!

Reaction Score
5-0 loss at home is not a bad game. That’s insulting. I don’t care if it’s Liverpool or Real Madrid.
Liverpool has been amazing in the CL and Porto was without two of their best players. Played like crap but wouldn’t call them an insult to Portuguese football.

Reaction Score
As a Juve fan, I'm happy with the draw. Although you know what they say; be careful what you wish for. I'm also happy that Roma drew Shakhtar. I'm hoping both Italian teams get through to the next round...
Oooooffff

Reaction Score
You know that thing that Yogi Berra said, right?
“It’s like deja vu all over again”

Of course it ain’t over. It was ironic how prophetic your “be careful what you wish for” statement was.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
“It’s like deja vu all over again”

Of course it ain’t over. It was ironic how prophetic your “be careful what you wish for” statement was.

Well, there's a reason all these teams have made it as far as they have. There's quality everywhere. Having said that, Allegri needs to look himself in the mirror after that debacle, even with the injuries. He screwed that up royally...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom