Real Bad Basketball Takes, Part Infinity | The Boneyard

Real Bad Basketball Takes, Part Infinity

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Was listening to Cowherd this afternoon and he had on an NBA draft analyst. I forget the analyst's name.

Analyst did say he was a lifelong Pistons fan and really wants them to draft Cunningham because he sees a lot of Grant Hill in Cunninghman.

Anywho as Cowherd was finishing the segment and talking about why he like Suggs as a player he mentioned Suggs not being a great shooter but shooting being something a player can work on. He then cited Ray Allen as a prospect who wasn't a great shooter in college but became a great shooter in the NBA.

Ray was a career 44.8% 3 pt shooter at UConn.

Reaction Score
Always said he was a dope. If he stated that he is much better at being a dope than I could even imagine. Wow Sports Talk Show guy with that take LOL, do your homework please FF.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Was listening to Cowherd this afternoon and he had on an NBA draft analyst. I forget the analyst's name.

Analyst did say he was a lifelong Pistons fan and really wants them to draft Cunningham because he sees a lot of Grant Hill in Cunninghman.

Anywho as Cowherd was finishing the segment and talking about why he like Suggs as a player he mentioned Suggs not being a great shooter but shooting being something a player can work on. He then cited Ray Allen as a prospect who wasn't a great shooter in college but became a great shooter in the NBA.

Ray was a career 44.8% 3 pt shooter at UConn.

If he said Jason Kidd, that would be been a more reasonable comp.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Your first problem was listening to Cowherd.
Listen to cowherd for his guests

Not his takes

Correct. It was some channel surfing mid afternoon. Normally not in the car and not listening to sports radio but the guest seemed somewhat interesting. Was just listening to Cowherd close out the segment and thought that was one of the more strange comparisons you could have in your head.

I realize it's tough to put out a national radio show and have 3 hours of content every day and be conversable on all major sports and stuff. I also realize much less is spontaneous and non-scripted than some may believe.

If anything the surprise to most people under age 40 is that Ray was a spectacular above the rim player in college and his first 6-8 years in to the NBA until he settled in to his role of being a long distance bomber.

Reaction Score
I enjoy Cowherd, but he pissed me off with that. Sometimes, you don’t truly realize someone is a dope until they talk about something you know a lot about. For me, this was the final straw. He’s a .

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I enjoy Cowherd, but he pissed me off with that. Sometimes, you don’t truly realize someone is a dope until they talk about something you know a lot about. For me, this was the final straw. He’s a .

Have you considered sending him a strongly worded twitter at him to let him know this?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Have you considered sending him a strongly worded twitter at him to let him know this?
And when that gets ignored, perhaps you can assist the young man with drafting a petition.

Reaction Score
I wonder if he realizes how wrong he was. Has anyone tweeted at him how off base that was? If he does realize it at some point I wonder if he'll issue a mea culpa.

Reaction Score
I don't know what to tell you if you are upset by this. These radio guys need to sound like they know what they're talking about everyday, for hours on end. Obviously a lot of what they say will have little to no basis in reality. They are not paid for their detailed knowledge of sports. They are paid to drive sports fans nuts.

Reaction Score
Ray was a great shooter from the moment he showed up at UConn until he left. Oh yeah, he was also a great shooter before he came to UConn and after he left. That is all.
Close enough!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I used to like Cowherd and his style, but I grew to just get annoyed at him. I never took him that seriously for his knowledge, but I liked his style. Then as the time went by I realized he often tries to sound super witty with his comparisons, like this, and ultimately is just spouting nonsense.

Reaction Score
Veteran Brain Fair was one of our better shooters. Freshman Ray came in and moved him to the bench.

Reaction Score
Your first problem was listening to Cowherd.
Absolutely. THE biggest know-nothing blowhard in all of sports jOuRnALiSm. Skip bayless is a close second, but he's more of a scumbag, than a simple blowhard

Reaction Score
I don't know what to tell you if you are upset by this. These radio guys need to sound like they know what they're talking about everyday, for hours on end. Obviously a lot of what they say will have little to no basis in reality. They are not paid for their detailed knowledge of sports. They are paid to drive sports fans nuts.
Wow. At least I know who to ignore

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom