Readability of posts | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Readability of posts

Reaction Score
I enjoy deciphering @ClifSpliffy posts. I'm pretty sure the example above is about Ollie not being a good talent evaluator and KO wouldn't offer Wilt if he came on a visit. I think. Btw, @Get a Job, the Yard demands names. Give them up. Whose posts are pissing you off?
People are defensive enough without me naming names!

Seriously, though, I can't think of any specific perpetrators at the moment. I just know I come across such posts pretty frequently. When I read something like,

"i mean come on ollie was not that bad. if you told calhoun who was the goat but that's another conversation he would have another chip he wouldn't believe it. im just saying smh"

I read it once without understanding, then move on because I know it will not be worth my time to parse it. A few commas and capitals would go a long way in that hypothetical (which I just made up to attempt to illustrate the point).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Seriously, though, I can't think of any specific perpetrators at the moment.
To sum up: something really bothers you, but you don’t know who’s doing it and can’t give a specific example of it, but whoever it is you want them to stop doing whatever it is.

Reaction Score
To sum up: something really bothers you, but you don’t know who’s doing it and can’t give a specific example of it, but whoever it is you want them to stop doing whatever it is.
You rascal! You know what I mean!

I will DM you and @QDOG5 with a specific example the next time I come across one if it'll make you happy. Shouldn't take long.

Reaction Score
Three
You like deciphering his posts? After
two of us, including me. math is our friend.
freakin tidalwave of support... next year? three of us!
knowhaimsayin?

peace out!
I wish I could understand your posts because you seem to have a lot of passion. Me trying to read your posts reminds of this scene in the movie Airplane. So who on here can be my interpreter?! :)

Reaction Score

I wish I could understand your posts because you seem to have a lot of passion. Me trying to read your posts reminds of this scene in the movie Airplane. So who on here can be my interpreter?! :)

^^^^This^^^^

Cut him some slack Jack. Lol

Mrs Cleaver with some jive perfect post Scoop! :D

Reaction Score
I would much rather read/decipher @ClifSpliffy posts than read some of the posters that have an opinion on everything. At least, or so I feel, he is someone that has fun and has personality.

Reaction Score
I knew I was going to get a lot of flack, so I'm not sweating that. I just want to repeat that my comments are simply about the ease with which a reader can glean the meaning intended by the author. I am not encouraging better writing to satisfy my OCD. My aim is to provide feedback that I hope will be helpful, based on the premise that he who posts something to a message board wants it to be understood by anyone who reads it. If you don't care if other people can understand what you write, then my comments don't apply to you.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't consider your posts to be difficult to understand.
Thanks for your noble work regarding BY grammar. You officially @GrammarChief00 in my mind now

Reaction Score
I would much rather read/decipher @ClifSpliffy posts than read some of the posters that have an opinion on everything. At least, or so I feel, he is someone that has fun and has personality.
Well that's the good thing about this forum. It has at least a little bit for everyone.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I don’t care about grammar as much as I am bothered by the length of some posts. I don’t understand how posters don’t get this is a format best utilized by a short paragraph or maybe two at most. I’d guess <10% of people who click those threads read all of the longer posts.

Your new response to those people.

Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom