read and please act on | The Boneyard

read and please act on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
on rivals there is a spot on each players page where the star ranking is given to them by rivals staff. right under that there is a fan/public star given based off votes from fans/the public. please go to each of our players pages off the commit list and give them 5*.

this was more of a fball thing but this also applies to bball so i wanted to post it here also. its the same dam point im trying to make. we are all in this together molding a culture of fanhood for this school and state. do this for all our kids, bball and fball all the time.

does this mean jack ? no. i'm not stupid. but what this does lead to is a couple things. #1 most if not all hs kids think these sites are very cool and love making them and having profiles etc. its fun to be a kid. it pains me that our commits can't look at there page and see 100 fans all giving them love with stars. this is simply a for fun thing but it leads to #2 which is fan support. looking a a commit page and see 3 ppl rank this kid 3* or what ever is weak as from this fanbase. it shows we dont care. go on to a tosu or texas or florida commit list and check out how many fans rank the kids 5* for fun. its a confidence thing for the kids and more importantly a sign of life or not in the fanbase. again, im not a idiot. i realize this means absolutely nothing in the actual scheme of things. but its a fan hood thing and a culture we need to mold here to get to that next level. so please, sign in to your old yahoo emails that you used back years ago to troll craigslist and the x-girl and go and rank our kids on rivals. if nothing else, do it for our kids. be a fan!

-the dog

Reaction Score
Looks like you have to be logged in on a Yahoo account. When I mouse over the stars it says "login to rate"

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
took 1 second...no login or anything required...just click

Kentan
http://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/basketball/recruiting/player-Kentan-Facey-132227

Terrence
http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Terrence-Samuel-118290[/quote]

its that easy guys.

there is over 100 ppl here that post daily, we should be able to wake up 2moro with atleast each of our kids having 50 votes. get on it!!!!! then goto the fball page and do the same. it takes only a couple of minutes if your slow computer wise.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Looks like you have to be logged in on a Yahoo account. When I mouse over the stars it says "login to rate"

yup, use a yahoo email account. most have a old one from some point in time if they aren't rivals ppl anyway.

Reaction Score
Whoops! You are correct. Didn't realize I was already logged in.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
When I start caring about something like this, I want someone to promise that they'll shoot me.
I was thinking something similar. Ill shoot you if you shoot me.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
To reiterate what I said in this thread on the football recruiting side...

1) I also don't really care about this stuff.
2) I can see why other people wouldn't care about this stuff, particularly the older demographics on here.
3) I can certainly see how a 17 year old kid checking out his own Rivals page would like it.

In general I think it probably matters more for our football program than basketball.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
We'll have to work on our timing.
Hand grenades tied around each others necks set to explode the second either one of us considers going and filling out the information HFD suggested?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Hand grenades tied around each others necks set to explode the second either one of us considers going and filling out the information HFD suggested?

how about i just shoot u both?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Let's not do anything to boost our recruits to 5 stars (even if it's only fan's input0 or else Kentucky will notice and take these players too....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom