Reactions to Adversity | The Boneyard

Reactions to Adversity

JS

Reaction Score
1. Maddy Chickenlittle.

"I can't stand it. Everything's going to hell. I need to say so multiple times in multiple threads. Don't tell me not to or I'll get even more out of control."

Uses the board to vent. Grabs the microphone and won't let go of it, creating a center stage impression of the board that belies the number of Maddies.

2. Borus Shrugitoff

"Everything's fine. It's only a game. Congrats to the winners."

Seems a bit passionless, but is either an adult or someone doing an impression of one. Suspiciously remote?

3. Lex Shurer

"You venters should cut it out and be classier. Be fans of the game, like me."

Won't have any effect other than to make the Maddies madder. No one asked for this advice, and it may be more obnoxious than its targets.

4. Larry Longview

"Let's talk about another time. UConn history. Don't like that? Ok, future starting lineups."

Master of the therapeutic temporal focus shift. Tends to be attacked by venters who say the history is over and the future is in the toilet. Succeeds, however, in increasing their venting opportunities.

5. Alexit Stageleft

"Goodbye. I can't stand anyone else's reaction. I'm going to Borneo. May come back later. Have you noticed I'm leaving? A spot over here, please . . . say you'll miss me."

Usually practices the dramatic exit multiple times. Often abandons the idea entirely for the lure of another role.

6. Peter Parnoyd

"It's all a conspiracy by the refs, the NCAA, the Pope, and the UConn-Is-Bad-for-the-Game crowd."

When they all join forces, look out! We know what they're up to . . .

Then there are mods who can't stop categorizing responses. Help me. It's compulsive.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Funny stuff. How about this one:

8. Benny Bigpicture "We lost by bucket in overtime, in the final four. For all but a handful of programs, that's the story they talk about, the dream season. It was a good year by any reasonable standard."

Reaction Score
10. Reese E'ntiment

"It's disgusting that some other team and its fan base had something good happen."

Chips and chips and chips away at the good that is happening for another team. When that chipping feels hollow, turns inward and debases own team. Pines for the return of the reliable friend, Shad Anne Freud.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Forgot

11. Paulie Poorsport: “None of those other teams are any good; they suck. We only lost because Lou won’t shoot, Azurá is terrible, Napheesa disappears in tough games, and I don’t even know what’s wrong with Crystal. Gabby is ok most of the time. But we should have beaten everyone by 50 because we’re the best team ever and no one else comes close!”.

JS

Reaction Score
8. Benny Bigpicture "We lost by bucket in overtime, in the final four. For all but a handful of programs, that's the story they talk about, the dream season. It was a good year by any reasonable standard."
Rebuttal from

12. Michael Crichtic:

"Take a bigger picture, Benny Bigpicture. Not just one year. Losses by a cumulative four points in two years are unacceptable. The staff needs to wake up. They handle the freshmen wrong. Also the substitution patterns if they have any. And they play too much [zone][man][piano]."

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
1. Maddy Chickenlittle.

"I can't stand it. Everything's going to hell. I need to say so multiple times in multiple threads. Don't tell me not to or I'll get even more out of control."

Uses the board to vent. Grabs the microphone and won't let go of it, creating a center stage impression of the board that belies the number of Maddies.

2. Borus Shrugitoff

"Everything's fine. It's only a game. Congrats to the winners."

Seems a bit passionless, but is either an adult or someone doing an impression of one. Suspiciously remote?

3. The Magistrate

"You venters should cut it out and be classier. Be fans of the game, like me."

Won't have any effect other than to make the Maddies madder still. No one asked for this advice, and it may be more obnoxious than its targets.

4. Larry Longview

"Let's talk about another time. UConn history. Don't like that? Ok, future starting lineups."

Master of the therapeutic temporal focus shift. Tends to be attacked by venters who say the history is over and the future is in the toilet. Succeeds, however, in increasing their venting opportunities.

5. Alexit Stageleft

"Goodbye. I can't stand anyone else's reaction. I'm going to Borneo. May come back later. Have you noticed I'm leaving? A spot over here, please . . . say you'll miss me."

Usually practices the dramatic exit multiple times. Often abandons the idea entirely for the lure of another role.

6. Peter Parnoyd

"It's all a conspiracy by the refs, the NCAA, the Pope, and the UConn-Is-Bad-for-the-Game crowd."

When they all join forces, look out! We know what they're up to . . .

Then there are mods who can't stop categorizing responses. Help me. It's compulsive.

It's only April 3, but I hereby nominate this for Post of the Month ...

Can anyone second?? :cool:

praise.jpg

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
13. T. Ransford Refpoor

Damn the NCAA and their ND transfer approvals. That's what caused the loss, and even if it wasn't, the refs are all on Muffet's payroll. And my dog died and my girfriend ran off with some guy from Soth Bend and that's Muffet's fault too,
and I lost my job because that clown with the Notre Dame degree wanted his newphew's buddy to get it and...

Reaction Score
14. Sally Spacejunk

The falling space station effected this planet's atmosphere. The falling, burning debris also effected the long range jump shots that the players adjusted to in the 2Q. Please refer to missed 3 point shots taken in 1Q. If the Chinese had executed better, the game results would have been different.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom