Reaction to VCU game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Reaction to VCU game

Reaction Score
Disagree there, we don't need to force feed anyone minutes. We're not running out an 11 man rotation in conference play
Agree but maybe we have the wrong 9 guys. Hurley knows best from practice but giving these guys a little run against the next 2 cupcakes can't hurt. I mean Akok barely played the last 3 games and one was without Whaley. Gaffney struggled the entire tourney after playing well against low majors. They may not be ready now but taking the long view so they can be ready at some point maybe later in the season may pay off. A little investment now may go a long way later.

Reaction Score
I have to think the playing three hard fought, down to the wire games against decent teams early in the season will benefit the team the rest of the way.
That said, I just spent the last two days yelling "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" at the TV so that is where I'm at mentally.

Reaction Score
Did everyone watch the same game? VCU was stuck to the shirts of our players. In some cases they only needed 1 uniform they were so close. Very very good defensive team. Now, are we careless? Yep. Do we throw the ball away? Yep. Run offense badly? Yep. Low BBIQ? Yep. But they made it ugly for us.

Reaction Score
Disagree there, we don't need to force feed anyone minutes. We're not running out an 11 man rotation in conference play
I think it’s more to prepare for injury or someone getting in foul trouble. In those situations we may be forced to go deeper on our bench. Better to have those guys ready to go if needed.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
No one is content. Some people just look at things in context. And choose not to panic over a 6-1 start with a win over a top 20 team and a close loss to a top 25 team. We have a lot of flaws to correct right now. But it’s November. And with our flaws we’re 6-1
This win is onHurley. What a stiff.

Reaction Score
For the sky is falling, we stink crowd: Basketball is a funny sport. Baylor is generally considered to be a pretty good team this year. When they played VCU it was a four point game at 4:12 and again at 0:16. Wasn’t pretty, but they won, which is the whole point. So did we.

Reaction Score
Remember when Hurley said there "was no other team that has a bigger chip on their shoulder this year" (you should- it was said about 5 different times throughout the broadcasts this week by Dykes and Ravech- who is a total d*** btw and shouldn't be calling basketball games). What an absolute joke.

Overrated is an UNDERSTATEMENT. VCU is one of the WORST offensive teams in basketball. Check KENPOM.

There is no one on this team that has basketball IQ. Including the coach. Hurley talks a big game- but backs it up with zero in game coaching ability, zero strategy and zero feel for lineups.

The layups today, the BUTTER FINGERS (how many times did the balls slip out of hands today????) makes it appear that this will be another team with no real reason to believe that this season will be better than the last. I see this as being a common theme with Hurley at the helm until he learns how to coach. Just enough to sniff top 25 every few years....slip out of it within a few weeks....rinse, repeat.

After today and really, this week- there is nothing that proves otherwise...
Just a lurcher here but how some boneyard members here say they haven't seen any progress under Hurley the last few years are crazy. It was an ugly game but jeeze we would of been in the 8th place game against Syracuse if this was last years squad.

Coaching staff got good video to work on. We went 1-1 vs tournament teams, and worked out an ugly one vs a team that runs the cheesey full press. Good experience all around imo.

Reaction Score
Gaffney and akok are limited in what they can do, I think it’s useful to see if either diggins or Johnson can contribute. Getting them some minutes against those weaker teams can’t hurt.

Reaction Score
Far to often a variety of players do not exhibit the basketball IQ we need to be successful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom