Re-watching Game of Thrones | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Re-watching Game of Thrones

Reaction Score
My big issue with the show is that it is no longer a multi-lateral political drama, which was interesting, and has become Zombie Apocalypse.
Completely agree on this as the main reason I’m not super in to GoT anymore, but I agree on most of the rest of the post. For what these last three seasons have been trying to achieve, sure they’re okay besides a couple serious head-scratchers such as the Expendables.

But I really did not start watching GoT for a destiny-fulfilling hero’s journey. It’s odd because looking back the show clearly did and could have continued on perfectly fine without any of the Zombie Apocalypse. That whole story almost feels forced in to this incredibly successful political drama. Maybe GRRM and the show writers couldn’t come up with a good dramatic, grandiose way for everything to come to a head.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The main problem with the plot is that it isn't supposed to end. The entire premise is a global political world where people never stop fighting for power. How do you tie that in a neat bow? Season 8 will be summed up as follows:

1. Fight together or die against the Night King.
2. The godswood trees, three eyed raven, and the walkers are all products of the children of the forest. They all have to die for the world to move on.
3. Break the wheel. Cercei is defeated and the Seven Kingdoms either return to self rule or are united under a Jon/Dany banner with a small chance that everyone just dies.
4. Winter finally comes.

I just hope they tie up enough of the character arcs to make this all seem worth it.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Everyone dies except for Tyrion , Jon and Dany's baby, Sansa, Gendry and maybe Arya. The Night King is defeated but not completely. The kingdoms are united under the future Queen child. All the adult dragons die, but perhaps there are eggs.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The main problem with the plot is that it isn't supposed to end. The entire premise is a global political world where people never stop fighting for power. How do you tie that in a neat bow? Season 8 will be summed up as follows:

1. Fight together or die against the Night King.
2. The godswood trees, three eyed raven, and the walkers are all products of the children of the forest. They all have to die for the world to move on.
3. Break the wheel. Cercei is defeated and the Seven Kingdoms either return to self rule or are united under a Jon/Dany banner with a small chance that everyone just dies.
4. Winter finally comes.

I just hope they tie up enough of the character arcs to make this all seem worth it.

I don't need it tied in a neat bow. I would be fine with the Game ending in a stalemate if it was done well.

I posted years ago that I didn't want this to become birth=destiny, garden variety, fantasy genre story, which is where it is going.

Reaction Score
The fights on the Cesspool have gotten so tedious because the Nelsons are completely out of ammo. I would fight with West all day on this board though.
The cesspool is called that for a reason.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom