Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well you talk a big game for a guy who started this thread standing on the ledge of the Empire State Building because he thinks Walker and Westbrook are going to N.D and how they will take over as the best team in basketball. Now you flip the script and say your not worried about who the Irish get.Make up your mind. You flip more then pancakes at I HOP. Your own fans question the silly comments you post and you tell me i dont know what im talking about? I come here to talk basketball. Iv been talking to U Conn fans on boards for years. If they want me off they can give me the boot anytime they want. Until then i will continue to post my opinions. If you dont like my comments then dont read them. What a flake SMH
Thank u ... U really think I lose sleep at night!! Thank u for your comments u truly are the man!!

Reaction Score
Who else beat U Conn 3 times in a season? I think N.D. beat U Conn like 8 times. And all of them other then 2001 were in the last decade i believe. Has Stanford beat them that many times? A few of the Irish wins were in the tournament. Has Stanford ever knocked U Conn out of the tournament?

Memories light the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories of the way we were

Scattered pictures of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another for the way we were.

Can it be that it was all so simple then
Or has time rewritten every line
If we had the chance to do it all again, tell me, would we, could we

Memories may be beautiful and yet
What's too painful to remember we simply choose to forget
So it's the laughter we will remember
Whenever we remember the way we were.

The way we were.

;)

Reaction Score
As I stated earlier everyone of Geno & staff's players have improved dramatically over their 4 years in Storrs!
Also since UCONN won its 1st Championship in 1995 every graduating class except 1999 & 2008 has won at least one National Championship at UCONN! Until The Muffet can produce that success rate for her players, ND fans shouldn't preach what type of players ND has in comparison to UCONN! Since The Muffet won her 1st title in 2001 her graduating classes have never won another Championship!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Nobody but nobody develops the "whole" player like Geno and that's a fact...

Meg W.‏@iball_crzy
Focus on doing you until someone comes along and helps you do you even better
could be about the MW Brand... like Skylar. Remember Twitter is off for about 6 months, that doesn't help the "brand". Does ND have a "no social media" policy in place?

Reaction Score
Who else beat U Conn 3 times in a season? I think N.D. beat U Conn like 8 times. And all of them other then 2001 were in the last decade i believe. Has Stanford beat them that many times? A few of the Irish wins were in the tournament. Has Stanford ever knocked U Conn out of the tournament?
Maya Moores freshman year FF. They broke Uconns 90 game winning streak in 2010 and in the last 3 years they were the ONLY team to beat Uconn in 3 years by 2 pts.Stanford is in the Pac 12 and never played 4 times a year like a conf.team would

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
SouthBend got his/her chest poked out right now... after being silent for the past 4 years!
241.gif

Reaction Score
could be about the MW Brand... like Skylar. Remember Twitter is off for about 6 months, that doesn't help the "brand". Does ND have a "no social media" policy in place?

I don't know about their social media policies for players..............I do know that UConn players do their branding on the court!!!!!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Dude go back on the Notre dame where u belong. U have no idea what your talking about. Mcallie dukes head coach isn't in the same league as GENO same as Mitchell. Stevens and camera under GENO and coaching staff lights out. Come talk to us after they have this year under there belt. And Boyle hasn't played a single game yet. When muffet and Notre dame can win 11 national titles then come back to our board. Until then the Irish have nothing on uconn I don't care what recruits they bring in... Enough said!!

Well you talk a big game for a guy who started this thread standing on the ledge of the Empire State Building because he thinks Walker and Westbrook are going to N.D and how they will take over as the best team in basketball. Now you flip the script and say your not worried about who the Irish get.Make up your mind. You flip more then pancakes at I HOP. Your own fans question the silly comments you post and you tell me i dont know what im talking about? I come here to talk basketball. Iv been talking to U Conn fans on boards for years. If they want me off they can give me the boot anytime they want. Until then i will continue to post my opinions. If you dont like my comments then dont read them. What a flake SMH

You just gotta kind of ignore him southbend, he's a bit of a blowhard.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
IMO it's Wilson 1A,.. Turner 1B..Steven's 1C pretty much the way they were ranked coming out of HS and also based on head to head performances. Wilson has separated herself from the others this year on the less glamorous (defensive) side of the ball. Wilson will enter this season as the favorite for NPOY and NDOY awards. What is remarkable is that Stevens is even in the conversation. I'll try to be nice here, Stevens is a thoroughbred, but for the last two years she is being directed by a coach that not even qualified to direct donkey's.

Coco, 5 months from today (Feb 28, 2017), we'll know exactly what kind of player Wilson is. In those 5 months, she will have either have dominated WCBB across the board, or proven herself to be a charlatan.
With her size, experience and the assumed freedom she will have to play her game, there is no reason to think she won't be a consistent 20/15 player this year. Head coach Dawn Staley is not going to restrict her in any way.

Staley will no doubt expect Wilson to be the face of the program, and it's captain. Wilson and South Carolina has been over shadowed the last two years by the success of Breanna Stewart and the UConn Huskies. Since there does not appear to be a single dominant team in WCBB this year, who so ever will, can step up and claim the #1 ranking in the country, and try and hold it for the duration. Is it harder to attain the number 1 spot, or hold on to it once you do?

Can the Gamecocks rise to this challenge? Can Wilson lead the gamecocks to the promised land, or will she falter and they fade back into obscurity? Notre Dame, Baylor, UConn, Texas, Maryland, Oregon State, Ohio State and Louisville will all be chomping at the bit in the starting blocks when the gun goes off. Who circles the track and breaks the tape? Is THIS the year Wilson and South Carolina fullfills their fan's expectations, or do they pull up, and go off to the side of the road panting, wheezing and gasping for air? Who's year is it? Who wins this thing?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Coco, 5 months from today (Feb 28, 2017), we'll know exactly what kind of player Wilson is. In those 5 months, she will have either have dominated WCBB across the board, or proven herself to be a charlatan.
With her size, experience and the assumed freedom she will have to play her game, there is no reason to think she won't be a consistent 20/15 player this year. Head coach Dawn Staley is not going to restrict her in any way.

Staley will no doubt expect Wilson to be the face of the program, and it's captain. Wilson and South Carolina has been over shadowed the last two years by the success of Breanna Stewart and the UConn Huskies. Since there does not appear to be a single dominant team in WCBB this year, who so ever will, can step up and claim the #1 ranking in the country, and try and hold it for the duration. Is it harder to attain the number 1 spot, or hold on to it once you do?

Can the Gamecocks rise to this challenge? Can Wilson lead the gamecocks to the promised land, or will she falter and they fade back into obscurity? Notre Dame, Baylor, UConn, Texas, Maryland, Oregon State, Ohio State and Louisville will all be chomping at the bit in the starting blocks when the gun goes off. Who circles the track and breaks the tape? Is THIS the year Wilson and South Carolina fullfills their fan's expectations, or do they pull up, and go off to the side of the road panting, wheezing and gasping for air? Who's year is it? Who wins this thing?
20/15 are ambitious goals for Wilson and she will not achieve that, because she plays alongside a double digit rebounder in Coates and SC is adding potentially better scorers to the line up in Davis, Harris & Gray. More realistically 18/9 + a number 1 seed come tournament time & a SC team with 1 or fewer loses will win Wilson POY easily. Of course SC has not made out well as #1 seed only reaching the FF once in 3 attempts as a #1 seed.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I expect the #1 ranking to change weekly over the first 2 months of the season... then a few more times between January and February.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I expect the #1 ranking to change weekly over the first 2 months of the season... then a few more times between January and February.
Maybe. If ND starts the season #1, #1 might not change at all. ND's 3 toughest games UCONN, FSU, Louisville are all @ND. So ND could be looking at an udefeated season if UCONN doesn't beat them and a wire to wire #1.
Late in the season there are some interesting match ups that could flip #1.
  • Baylor plays Texas twice in February and possibly again in Big 12 Tournament
  • tOSU plays Maryland in late February and possibly again in Big 10 Tournament
  • UCONN plays South Carolina Feb 13th
  • ND plays FSU & Louisville both @ND in Feb.
It might be one of those years where #1 is not clear cut and doesn't mean a whole lot-I like UCONN chances of making it mean something more than all the other teams.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Maybe. If ND starts the season #1, #1 might not change at all. ND's 3 toughest games UCONN, FSU, Louisville are all @ND. So ND could be looking at an udefeated season if UCONN doesn't beat them and a wire to wire #1.
Late in the season there are some interesting match ups that could flip #1.
  • Baylor plays Texas twice in February and possibly again in Big 12 Tournament
  • tOSU plays Maryland in late February and possibly again in Big 10 Tournament
  • UCONN plays South Carolina Feb 13th
  • ND plays FSU & Louisville both @ND in Feb.
It might be one of those years where #1 is not clear cut and doesn't mean a whole lot-I like UCONN chances of making it mean something more than all the other teams.
Very true... that FSU match up could be rough for the Irish... but if they weather those 3 games you mentioned they could go undefeated, although its probably more likely the committee jobs them come tourney time on the match ups...

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Uconn has Geno and you don't...equal talent he will always win...just my thought

I mean, "always" is completely absolute. So, I have to assume you think Notre Dame had superior talent January 2001?

Reaction Score
Uconn has Geno and you don't...equal talent he will always win...just my thought
What about the 2011-2012 season? Or the first three games of the 2012-2013 season? Uconn had more talent than Notre Dame both of those years. I actually remember a couple of years ago reading from other posters that Muffet "outcoaches" Geno. This was being said during those two seasons of course, but it's obvious that Uconn has had more talented players the past four seasons. It'll be an interesting season.

Reaction Score

Open the Envelop---Notre Dame, Uconn , Baylor, Oregon St (final 4). Baylor and ND have knocked hard at the door of the NC (both won one) it sure seems like the only one with a key that fits is---you know. (did Baylor win 2??)

Reaction Score
How people think about Texas, Ohio and Syracuse this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom