Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think so, My Grandma has better shoes that those off brand Payless pumps Muffet be wearing!
The five fingers she holding up is not the play that's for $5.99.
32089b8e-b27f-11e5-841c-f30024784eef-1020x1349.jpg

I kind of like those shoes.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Aja said the 1st thing she did was circle Uconn on her schedule freshman year and she got spanked. Sophmore year they not only got spanked by Uconn but lose to Syracuse in S16. All 3 Connecticut players were better than her. IMO so were Brionnan Jones and Azura Stevens and that is just. She still has trouble shooting past 10 feet. Wow she led them to SEC Champioships but cant win the big game. Sometimes their rep.from high school carries them in college and imo thats what happened here.

Wishful thinking. Stevens was absent in games most of last year. She's inconsistent and loses motivation very easily. Geno will break her out of this obviously but it is what it is. She's a good shooter midrange and has range to the arc.

Stevens will play intense defense for the first time consistently at UCONN. She has POTENTIAL to be great or better than Wilson but as of now and last year (or the year before that), she's not. And their head to head record proves that.

BUT, you did say "IMO"... so..

Reaction Score
MW is talking brand after visiting ND. Was Skylar Diggins around? Jay Z can be a snake at times! Was Diggins visiting last weekend? Wouldnt be the first time fo Skylar but then again only Geno and Uconn get in trouble.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno has repeatedly stated that no recruit come into college knowing how to play the game. His making fun of Maya is legendary. I just don't put much stock in No. 1 or number 25. What the kid has inside and how hard they are willing to work to be the best they can be is what matters. I'm not in love with kids of 17 talking their brand in the present tense. UConn builds brands without beating the brand drum: ever hear the word uttered by Morgan, Mo or Stewie? UConn demonstrably graduates WNBA ready stars and second place isn't close. Recall last year's Ohio game? Prior year's No 1 scorer had her worst outing as a collegiate player and Ohio was handed the largest defeat in their history and UConn put on a defensive clinic.

Reaction Score
If academics were really important to me, I'd park myself outside of Tara's office. Academically, Stanford is in a league UConn and ND can only dream about.
Tara has been a thorn in Genos side for a long time. I guess Muffets side last year,lol.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Some BONEYARDERS would insist that when UCONN has won a NC they have had a #1 player on the roster, I still say they take less talented players and make them better to join the #1 player on the road to the Championship!

Which years was it that UConn won a title without one (let alone two) #1 ranked recruits?

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
QUESTION: What is one thing McGraw said that really stuck out to you during your visit?

ANSWER: Coach McGraw said to me that Notre Dame is the best place to accomplish my dreams and goals.

This one post gives me pause when I think where MW would like to go to college. Why would this statement stick out to MW unless she is looking for justification for her current college lean?

Reaction Score
Wishful thinking. Stevens was absent in games most of last year. She's inconsistent and loses motivation very easily. Geno will break her out of this obviously but it is what it is. She's a good shooter midrange and has range to the arc.

Stevens will play intense defense for the first time consistently at UCONN. She has POTENTIAL to be great or better than Wilson but as of now and last year (or the year before that), she's not. And their head to head record proves that.

The jury is still out on Stevens.....she's been a very good, sometimes great player...............if she is willing to put in the work and follows the UConn playbook, the world should see a much more complete basketball player who's only limit will be her God given ability...........if and when that happens those who don't believe that Geno develops players like no one else will have to zip it for good....................

Reaction Score
You all forget that UConn is reasonably proximate to ESPN, and New York City(Boston). There is life after basketball, and the airwaves are dotted with UConn grads. Same with coaching positions. But, when all is said and done, sometimes the decision comes down to who they will play with, or the geography, or the availability of great wings and burgers...boyfriends, church groups and/or family relocation. As a non-UConn alum... I have no built in bias... but there is an amazing culture at UConn, where women players are not merely deemed equal to the men's team, and the footballers...but treated as royalty. The fans genuinely "love" these young women, and treat them like family. An extension of Chris Dailey's great role as Geno's "soul."

Reaction Score
Well your grandma wore army boots. Errr, I mean my grandma wore army boots. Umm, well somebody's grandma wore army boots.

24DE438000000578-0-Ekaterina_Bilyik_68_undergoes_automatic_weapons_training_during_-a-54_1421768430395.jpg

It goes: Aw your gan mudder wears army boot!! An you're fodder wears her hat!! Ask JordyG--Brooklyn had em all..

Reaction Score
QUESTION: What is one thing McGraw said that really stuck out to you during your visit?

ANSWER: Coach McGraw said to me that Notre Dame is the best place to accomplish my dreams and goals.

This one post gives me pause when I think where MW would like to go to college. Why would this statement stick out to MW unless she is looking for justification for her current college lean?

Well, what if your dreams and goals change? I was Pre-Med, now a Lawyer. Met a woman, moved to Connecticut, not in the plan. Destroyed my knees as a Freshman, course correction... I love my college, but my dreams and goals were met by readjusting course after college. College should give you those skills necessary to adapt.

Reaction Score
Well, what if your dreams and goals change? I was Pre-Med, now a Lawyer. Met a woman, moved to Connecticut, not in the plan. Destroyed my knees as a Freshman, course correction... I love my college, but my dreams and goals were met by readjusting course after college. College should give you those skills necessary to adapt.

I dare say you just described 70 percent of college grads or attendee's.

Reaction Score
The jury is still out on Stevens.....she's been a very good, sometimes great player.....if she is willing to put in the work and follows the UConn playbook, the world should see a much more complete basketball player who's only limit will be her God given ability......if and when that happens those who don't believe that Geno develops players like no one else will have to zip it for good.....
If Stevens does not like to put the work in to play for Geno--he'll know that soon enough. She said she wants Championships--they don't come easy. I suspect you will see a significantly different, more motivated, skilled player a year from now. I have my doubts that Geno would have accepted the transfer without believing she shall do what is necessary--he does not have the time to waste.

Reaction Score

Two things stand out in the Question and Answer: Answer---All coaches have that as part of their standard patter--meaningless.
Question--The kid had to think of something--even if she did not believe it.

Reaction Score

You should have said: (IMO) Steven WAS inconsistent and LOST motivation very easily
. Do you believe Geno would have accepted her transfer if he saw that as a common thread of her play?
Some thing Geno saw or believed in her talent and ability to be motivate --coaching unmotivated for Geno is almost painful. I don't doubt what you see or say--but I trust Geno's choices (of course mistakes have been made).

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Why? It's a message board. She's a top recruit. There's lots of interest in where she goes. And people love trying to read the tea leaves and trying to figure out which way the wind is blowing.

My question to you is "why don't those of you who don't like the comments ignore the threads where clearly people are going to be commenting on the subject?"...
Mic Drop.....

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I kind of like those shoes.
Yea but check the earrings and the necklace. Rule number 3081: never buy shoes from a store where the offer to throw in a pair of matching earrings and a necklace for free.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The jury is still out on Stevens.....she's been a very good, sometimes great player.....if she is willing to put in the work and follows the UConn playbook, the world should see a much more complete basketball player who's only limit will be her God given ability......if and when that happens those who don't believe that Geno develops players like no one else will have to zip it for good.....

Hey Charliebball........you are correct sir. One need look no further than the Olympic games last month. The only non-UConn alum that started for Geno was Baylor's Brittany Griner. The brief time she was under Geno's tutelage, the quality of her overall play rose significantly, and she was only with him for 28 days.

Geno and staff will bring out things in Stevens never seen before. They always do. Some of the posters here have suggested that Stevens needs a "make-over". Fear not, she'll get one. She won't be the same player you saw at Duke. Everything/everyone around her will have changed. The coaches, the players, the venue, the philosophy, the approach, the expectations etc. Stevens will be fine. ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yea but check the earrings and the necklace. Rule number 3081: never buy shoes from a store where the offer to throw in a pair of matching earrings and a necklace for free.

Coco, why don't you take off the gloves, and tell us how you really feel about Muffet? :eek:

Reaction Score
Which years was it that UConn won a title without one (let alone two) #1 ranked recruits?

Wally East- - -I was saying they take the unheralded, lower ranked type of player and make them an asset with THE #1 PLAYER to win Championships! I didn't say they won Championships WITHOUT a #1 player!
Every player that has finished their eligibility at UCONN has improved by leaps and bounds by the time they graduate! Briana Polido, Tierney Lawlor, Stacey Marron, Ashley Valley, Megan Gardler, Tahirah Williams, Jacquie Fernandes, Marci Czel, & Christine Rigby to name a few, have left UCONN a much better player than when they came in! Geno & staff makes sure if the player is willing to put in the time and hard work they'll be better for it!

Reaction Score
Went on the Notre dame board and they all feel very confident in the next few days both will verbal. They also said all 3 coaches flew to Oregon Monday just a day after the official visit to see Westbrook again makes u think there really pushing for her to verbel. Maybe they think Westbrook isn't a done deal yet and couldn't close the deal a day earlier while she was on campus. Do they think if they land Westbrook they land Walker?? Why the big trip to Oregon the next day and not swing by Virginia to meet with walker again?? Unless walker already committed and Westbrook is on the fence... Or could be they know Megan isn't coming so there pushing hard to get Westbrook??? All this recruiting is so confusing so many turns u just never know.

I haven't seen so many twists, turns and subplots since the last episode of The Guiding Light.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This year ND should be favored but not in any way is Turner better than Stevens. She has no shot beyond 5 feet and dont blame the shoulder. AS is the total package and that is after playing for McCallie. Imo POY in 2018!
IMO it's Wilson 1A,....... Turner 1B..Steven's 1C pretty much the way they were ranked coming out of HS and also based on head to head performances. Wilson has separated herself from the others this year on the less glamorous (defensive) side of the ball. Wilson will enter this season as the favorite for NPOY and NDOY awards. What is remarkable is that Stevens is even in the conversation. I'll try to be nice here, Stevens is a thoroughbred, but for the last two years she is being directed by a coach that not even qualified to direct donkey's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom