RB Laray Smith | Page 3 | The Boneyard

RB Laray Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know you posted the same information twice so everyone would give you two likes for it. It worked!

Wasn't sure where people would look first! So I updated both!

Reaction Score
I put about as much faith in Dez saying Laray is visiting UConn as I do in MHver saying any of his conference realignment rumors.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I can't find out where the kid is.

I hope he didn't make it to Indiana....good weekend to be there. ESPN has GameDay there, today.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Sleep? Without knowing for sure that he's coming here Sunday? No.

Reaction Score
Well if Laray visits Indiana I hope he remembers what sport he is playing there as Indiana is definition of a conference doormat. Like Indiana, Connecticut is preceived as a baskeball state, at least we are #1 in state football program, not third (notre dame, purdue) like Indiana.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i find it extremely fustrating how hard it is to get the correct information with laray. im not sure why things are such a mess but its borderline sad that we just can't get our eyes on a basic plan for his college visits this weekend blah blah.

@uconnfamily thanks for the heads up. i thought that might have been one of the possibilities and this was actually the 2nd thing i rooted for. 1st being just a uconn visit cleary. but if what u say is tru(and i believe u and know you have a nice connection to the program) then this is good. 1-laray would be a unofficial for us which means his dime so hes real interested(also means he didn't fall in love and commit to ind right away on visit) and 2-his trip would end i think before the bball game so he misses that massive school spirit ad by the students...

if he gets home and we see no verbal to indiana, combine that with the unofficial sunday being ture and cuse recruiting a new rb now visiting this weekend(also gus going to fsu/miami), i think we may have something here!!!

we need to lock up wright and stevens asap. i wish we had a shot at mcgill before stephens but w/e. fill the frucking slot at this point. joyner is heading to albany now so i see this:
22-wright
23-stephens
24-branford-i saw we offer when he visits today and just lock the slot up, if not huff.
25-laray
26-boyle if he picks us, if not we seem to have all eggs here for now with just radar kids open...

Reaction Score
Well if Laray visits Indiana I hope he remembers what sport he is playing there as Indiana is definition of a conference doormat. Like Indiana, Connecticut is preceived as a baskeball state, at least we are #1 in state football program, not third (notre dame, purdue) like Indiana.

It is actually 4th in the state as you forgot Beef O'Brady Bowl champ Ball St. They also defeated Indiana this year, but given UConn's loss to W. Mich. that really isn't a bragging point

No clue about the quality of IU's track team, but they certainly need a RB.

Reaction Score
Dan, I do not believe Roderick Stephens is visiting this week. I believe the hangup is his test scores which won't be back for two weeks. If I'm wrong on this, someone please correct me.

Reaction Score
It is actually 4th in the state as you forgot Beef O'Brady Bowl champ Ball St. They also defeated Indiana this year, but given UConn's loss to W. Mich. that really isn't a bragging point

No clue about the quality of IU's track team, but they certainly need a RB.

Indiana has a very good track team, they were ranked 3rd nationally last year at some point in the season. There are thoughts that if Laray commits to Indiana, he may concentrate on only track, not too sure though. We have a better track team than Syracuse. Logically, he could have the best of both worlds at Uconn and be close enough from home to have his family watch all of his home games.

Indiana football is, well Indiana....

Reaction Score
i find it extremely fustrating how hard it is to get the correct information with laray. im not sure why things are such a mess but its borderline sad that we just can't get our eyes on a basic plan for his college visits this weekend blah blah.

@uconnfamily thanks for the heads up. i thought that might have been one of the possibilities and this was actually the 2nd thing i rooted for. 1st being just a uconn visit cleary. but if what u say is tru(and i believe u and know you have a nice connection to the program) then this is good. 1-laray would be a unofficial for us which means his dime so hes real interested(also means he didn't fall in love and commit to ind right away on visit) and 2-his trip would end i think before the bball game so he misses that massive school spirit ad by the students...

if he gets home and we see no verbal to indiana, combine that with the unofficial sunday being ture and cuse recruiting a new rb now visiting this weekend(also gus going to fsu/miami), i think we may have something here!!!

we need to lock up wright and stevens asap. i wish we had a shot at mcgill before stephens but w/e. fill the frucking slot at this point. joyner is heading to albany now so i see this:
22-wright
23-stephens
24-branford-i saw we offer when he visits today and just lock the slot up, if not huff.
25-laray
26-boyle if he picks us, if not we seem to have all eggs here for now with just radar kids open...

Why do you keep saying LS's visit will be unofficial - has he already taken his alloted 5?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dan, I do not believe Roderick Stephens is visiting this week. I believe the hangup is his test scores which won't be back for two weeks. If I'm wrong on this, someone please correct me.

thanks

Why do you keep saying LS's visit will be unofficial - has he already taken his alloted 5?

yes, indiana got his 5th i think. its cheap for him to drive a hour up the highway vs fly out to indiana. at this point for him its worth it to investigate both at the cost of about a gas tank. a good bye considering the answer is a scholarship for 5 years. laray has been to uconn atleast 2 times. jr day being one of them. he knows whats here, we just need him in tjw and bugs office once. he is last ditch going to indiana to see whats out there and explore before making the safe close to home pick to make sure hes not missing something big time overlooking the hoosiers....

Reaction Score
thanks

yes, indiana got his 5th i think. its cheap for him to drive a hour up the highway vs fly out to indiana. at this point for him its worth it to investigate both at the cost of about a gas tank. a good bye considering the answer is a scholarship for 5 years. laray has been to uconn atleast 2 times. jr day being one of them. he knows whats here, we just need him in tjw and bugs office once. he is last ditch going to indiana to see whats out there and explore before making the safe close to home pick to make sure hes not missing something big time overlooking the hoosiers....

Got it... wasn't sure how many he took - sites don't jive.

My gut still tell me he doesn't sign anywhere on Wednesday.... hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom