Ray | The Boneyard

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wait, isn't this where LeBron gets slammed for not taking the go-ahead shot?

H

Husk-E

Maybe if KG had shaken his hand or something a couple games ago instead of just shrugging him off some of Ray's magic would have rubbed off on him:)

Reaction Score
Not that they needed him....but Ray is the absolute perfect addition to that team. What a nightmare for opposing coaches.

The important thing is that Ray stays healthy. Everything else will take care of itself. He will thrive with James and Wade. At 37 and coming off ankle surgery, he looks just as good as he did when he first joined the C's.
It's only been three games, but his averages:
16 ppg, 62.5 fg%, 56 3pt%, 90 ft%

I truly believe he wanted to prove that he had more game left, with the C's envisioning a lesser role for him.

Reaction Score
Thanks, mau. :) I had hardly finished typing, and lo and behold, I received a like.

Reaction Score
Thanks, mau. :) I had hardly finished typing, and lo and behold, I received a like.

Spot on 4ever!!!!;)..............I'm happy for Ray, especially after the way he's been treated by Garnett, Rivers, Ainge and Heinsohn ..........they're playing real well without him too!!:confused:

Reaction Score
Um, how exactly did Doc mistreat him?

Doc said he called Ray during the talks and Ray said he didn't..........believe who you want to but Doc ended up calling it Ray's "ego" but reality is the C's weren't that interested in Ray until the Heat got serious.......too late!! I know who I believe...........

caw

Reaction Score
The key to Ray be effective this season is not overplaying him. Doc/Celtics seemed to play him too many minutes the past few years, IMO.

Reaction Score
The key to Ray be effective this season is not overplaying him. Doc/Celtics seemed to play him too many minutes the past few years, IMO.

Sometimes without utilizing him. Look, if you're gonna make him run off screens so he gets open, and then not get him the ball when he is open, you're doing something wrong.

Reaction Score
Doc said he called Ray during the talks and Ray said he didn't..........believe who you want to but Doc ended up calling it Ray's "ego" but reality is the C's weren't that interested in Ray until the Heat got serious.......too late!! I know who I believe...........

They weren't that interested in him so they offered him twice as much as Miami did? Makes perfect sense. Ray wasn't "mistreated" by anybody, certainly not Doc Rivers. ***** this is getting ridiculous.

Reaction Score
They weren't that interested in him so they offered him twice as much as Miami did? Makes perfect sense. Ray wasn't "mistreated" by anybody, certainly not Doc Rivers. ***** this is getting ridiculous.

Ridiculous because why, you say so? Please reread some of your posts that would just confirm something is wrong Mr Negative!!

Hey it's a he-said, he-said..........I'll go with Ray on this one you do what you want. Don't know why he would be anything but the gentleman he's been his whole career.........You take sides with KG and the rest of Boston management who were looking to trade him during his last 2 years anyway. Doc is a good guy and maybe I misspoke on his take but Ray is by far better off where he is and I hate to say that as I dislike James and Wade.........

Reaction Score
I followed this really closely and the truth is somewhere in between. Comes down to the simple fact that Ray took less money to go to Miami - why would he do that? Because it was a better basketball situation for him. Celtics were moving away from running him off screens as feature part of the offense and Paul Pierce was the one preferred for creating a shot with the ball, not Ray. In his defense Ray proved he could still do this for a stretch at beginning of last season and/or when Pierce was out. Post signing, Ray has complained about mistreatment (underutilized) which may be partially true (and not getting along with Rondo which seems definitely true), BUT Ray himself chose to go to Miami where he is going to be more of a stand there type shooter which is perfectly appropriate for this point in his career. Ray's man never had to leave him in Boston whereas in Miami Ray's defender is going to have to help. All boils down to that in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I followed this really closely and the truth is somewhere in between. Comes down to the simple fact that Ray took less money to go to Miami - why would he do that? Because it was a better basketball situation for him. Celtics were moving away from running him off screens as feature part of the offense and Paul Pierce was the one preferred for creating a shot with the ball, not Ray. In his defense Ray proved he could still do this for a stretch at beginning of last season and/or when Pierce was out. Post signing, Ray has complained about mistreatment (underutilized) which may be partially true (and not getting along with Rondo which seems definitely true), BUT Ray himself chose to go to Miami where he is going to be more of a stand there type shooter which is perfectly appropriate for this point in his career. Ray's man never had to leave him in Boston whereas in Miami Ray's defender is going to have to help. All boils down to that in my opinion.

Good report Deac.........sounds right on and fair.

As a C's fan I am worried Pierce's days are way behind now........he'll have a couple good games just because, here and there, but he can't get to the spots he needs to anymore too often!!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The way he's going this season, he might have a real shot at breaking 3000 three pointers before he hangs it up.

Reaction Score
The way he's going this season, he might have a real shot at breaking 3000 three pointers before he hangs it up.

He passed a milestone tonight. With 15 pts, he went over the 23,000 career mark, good for 24th all-time.

Reaction Score
Good report Deac.........sounds right on and fair.

As a C's fan I am worried Pierce's days are way behind now........he'll have a couple good games just because, here and there, but he can't get to the spots he needs to anymore too often!!

We'll see what happens, but I suspect that the Eastern Conference Finals will come down to Miami-Boston. Both teams should be better than last season, which is scary.

Reaction Score

The greatest shooter thats ever lived, greatest shooter in the history to touch a basketball, greatest, however you want to word it lol.

Reaction Score
That 4 point play is a perfect example of why Miami was such a good fit for him. His man sags off to help against Lebron, giving him the open look.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I thought there was one other issue- the supposed trade rumors which could have sent Ray to a noncompetitive team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom