Ray says.... | The Boneyard

Ray says....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
...retirement may be an option. Sorry! Unable to post link, but it's from today's Bleacher Report. If someone can post the link, it would be much appreciated!

What do you think Yarders? Will he retire or not?

Reaction Score
I'd be surprised. Still has "game". Perfect 6th or 7th man type on a real good team. Solid starter on mediocre team.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Depends whether they draft Napier, obviously.

Reaction Score
Nah. Isn't he a free agent after this year? One more 2 year deal with a contender I'll bet

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
He's 27 regular season 3 pointers from 3000. If you still have game and compete at the level required, don't you come back for one more year to be the only person ever to get 3000 3 pointers? I always thought Calhoun would coach to 900 wins too (34 short), so maybe it's not as important as fans like me make it out to be.

Reaction Score
What's left to do?
He came to the Heat to chase rings. The ring chase appears to be over in Miami. Would be a good time to retire.

Reaction Score
I'd wouldn't mind seeing him take the veteran exception to join C's, depending on what team looks like.

He can contribute for limited minutes, but the closeouts are so fast with NBA defenses, he has to pick his spots.

Reaction Score
I'd wouldn't mind seeing him take the veteran exception to join C's, depending on what team looks like.

He can contribute for limited minutes, but the closeouts are so fast with NBA defenses, he has to pick his spots.
Why on earth would Ray want to finish his career with a team that has zero chance at winning a title, not to mention how the Celtics fans turned on him.

Reaction Score
Why on earth would Ray want to finish his career with a team that has zero chance at winning a title, not to mention how the Celtics fans turned on him.
Ray turned on us first. Never forget that.

I love Ray. But Ray left Boston for the enemy.

Reaction Score

Translation

jillgreenburg0.jpg

Reaction Score

Ray did what was best for Ray. If he is still able to play and enjoys playing then he will keep playing. He already made 183 million in his career and didn't waste it like Iverson. Ray wanted a say on where he would play that is why he signed with the Heat as he was rumored "trade bait" with the Celtics and he would rather decide his own future as best he could rather than be shipped off to some other team not necessarily of his own choice. He probably saw the "writing on the wall" that the Celtics were going to re-build in future and decided to try for a better championship contender and play with LeBron, arguably one of the top 5 players of all time. Plus, the golfing is better in Florida. Ray played for other teams in his past (Seattle, Milwaukee) and I understand negotiates his own contracts with minimal legal help. The NBA is a business, so if he feels up to it and wants to play and someone wants to pay him then he'll keep playing. Otherwise he will retire and play golf, maybe act.

Reaction Score
Yes, Celtics fans were pissed when Ray left. He did what he had to do (and for the record it was the right move, it got him another ring), and most of us respect that, but people need to stop acting like they can't understand why he gets booed in Boston.

He doesn't get to have his cake and eat it too.

Reaction Score
Yes, Celtics fans were pissed when Ray left. He did what he had to do (and for the record it was the right move, it got him another ring), and most of us respect that, but people need to stop acting like they can't understand why he gets booed in Boston.

He doesn't get to have his cake and eat it too.

Ray can and will have as many cakes as he likes and eat them if he wishes. He lives in a different universe than you and me.

Reaction Score

Oh, give it up dude. I'm not a Celtics fan but I am a big Red Sox fan. The butthurt Boston fans exhibit when their players leave for a rival is out of control. Damon said he'd never go to the Evil Empire and then did, so I understand the treatment he got for a few years after he left. Professional sports is a HUGE business with not much loyalty from either ownership or the players.

Ray is a guy of the utmost integrity and character. He clearly felt slighted in Boston, didn't like Rondo, and other reasons that caused him to leave. The treatment he's received from Garnett, Pierce, and idiotic Boston fans since he left is mind boggling. In an era of entitled, complacent "stars" who have 9 kids with 8 different women, run ins with the law, etc.. Ray was a first class citizen and member in the community who worked his butt off and helped the team to its first title in over 20 years. Take some extra strength midol for the cramps and butthurt and leave the guy alone already.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
FlaHusky said:
Oh, give it up dude. I'm not a Celtics fan but I am a big Red Sox fan. The butthurt Boston fans exhibit when their players leave for a rival is out of control. Damon said he'd never go to the Evil Empire and then did, so I understand the treatment he got for a few years after he left. Professional sports is a HUGE business with not much loyalty from either ownership or the players.

Ray is a guy of the utmost integrity and character. He clearly felt slighted in Boston, didn't like Rondo, and other reasons that caused him to leave. The treatment he's received from Garnett, Pierce, and idiotic Boston fans since he left is mind boggling. In an era of entitled, complacent "stars" who have 9 kids with 8 different women, run ins with the law, etc.. Ray was a first class citizen and member in the community who worked his butt off and helped the team to its first title in over 20 years. Take some extra strength mydol for the cramps and butthurt and leave the guy alone already.

I was unaware Midol came in extra strength.

Reaction Score

Ray is a guy of the utmost integrity and character. He clearly felt slighted in Boston, didn't like Rondo, and other reasons that caused him to leave. The treatment he's received from Garnett, Pierce, and idiotic Boston fans since he left is mind boggling. In an era of entitled, complacent "stars" who have 9 kids with 8 different women, run ins with the law, etc.. Ray was a first class citizen and member in the community who worked his butt off and helped the team to its first title in over 20 years. Take some extra strength midol for the cramps and butthurt and leave the guy alone already.
It's really not that mind boggling. Ray went to the Celtics' biggest rival at the time, which didn't sit well with Boston fans. I'm pretty sure New York or LA or any other fanbase would've reacted similarly.

The only people who can't seem to understand this are posters on this board.

(For the record, I don't begrudge Ray for his decision. He did what was best for him, just as the Celtics did what they felt was best for their organization. There really were no bad guys in this scenario.)

Reaction Score
There is a celtics board if Celtics fans wanna cry there. Yes retirement is always an option at age 38, it would be a big difference if he said he is retiring, I believe he has an option year left on his contract I think he comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom