Ray and Scottie in Israel | The Boneyard

Ray and Scottie in Israel

Reaction Score
This was posted in the Diarra commit thread, but I thought it deserved its own. Just an amazing blast from the past.

I saw the photo early this morning, and must have sent it via text to 10 people today. Ok, maybe 5 or 6. I'm back looking at it again, still moves me.

Scott and Ray never played with each other, but have now been buddies forever. Think about them wanting to meet up with Nadav and Doron, and those guys wanting to see them. A bond.

Each of these guys were pieces of the deep foundation in a program that rose from irrelevance to become a national factor and a powerful brand. Talent was a big part of that success, but character and the brotherhood were just as big. Those things jump out of the photo, at least for me.

I hope and suspect Jim Calhoun has seen this photo by now. The crazy Irishman told us "Its doable". What a privilege we've had to watch it all happen.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
THIS IS AWESOME!

Baked and clicked on this hoping for a Harold & Kumar type of vibe.

I am so not disappointed! Might this be the real Uconn Mt Rushmore? Based on impact to the Program?

Scott just filmed a Cameo for me a few weeks ago!

Thanks for posting @UConnRock

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
1652406250294.png

Best $75 I've ever spent. Scott's a good Man.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
To be honest I had a double take at Nadav in the photo - at first I thought it might be Doron's Dad!!
Man Doron and Ray are in such great shape. Scottie may have put on some lbs (who hasn't) but I bet he could jump over a 6' guard and throw a 90 mph heater. Only regret is that UConn was blessed with Nadav for only 1 season.
Thanks much for this photo

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom