Ray Allen Was A Pretty Good Player For Us | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ray Allen Was A Pretty Good Player For Us

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
How many athletic highlights did Doug Wrenn have in a UConn uniform? How many has Bouknight already had in his freshman season? Highlights are a habit for Bouknight. That should tell you something.
Wrenn was used for hyperbole dude.
The point is that we're conflating he's a great player with he's a highlight machine (better dunker than Vince lol). Although a great dunker, he's definitely not the best we've had (shout out @mauconnfan ,see Stanley, Rudy, etc). Yet, you can still realistically make the claim he may have the highest ceiling as a player of anyone we've had (shootout @superjohn ).

Reaction Score
Wrenn was used for hyperbole dude.
The point is that we're conflating he's a great player with he's a highlight machine (better dunker than Vince lol). Although a great dunker, he's definitely not the best we've had (shout out @mauconnfan ,see Stanley, Rudy, etc). Yet, you can still realistically make the claim he may have the highest ceiling as a player of anyone we've had (shootout @superjohn ).

Was hyperboled over lol

Nonetheless Sid was an exciting piece when we got him. But it was very soon evident he was short of natural fundamental thinking on the court and it needed drastic improvement. That didn't come but despite that the occasional run of "wow" happened and it offset the shortcomings, misleading many here. But that wasn't all that often for me and the ceiling needs to have the mental aspects of the game too. It won't happen for Sid, he's Brimah in that regard for me and we need more to win in the Big East. This is all fine for me.

Reaction Score
But I don’t remember the acrobatic putbacks and flushes that we’ve seen from Bouknight during Ray’s freshman year Or later. Now he had more talent around him but Bouk’s offensive efficiency is very good. Since Ray had a pretty fair NBA career what might this mean about the next level for him? They are similar in size, same position so I thought a comparison at this stage after 1 year was in order.

Ray Allen was one of the best shooters in the history of basketball.

But Bouknight is better because he has more acrobatic dunks? Where is Stanley Robinson or Rudy Gay on this list. They were both more acrobatic than Ray.

Reaction Score
I mean, Bouk is good, and that dunk was awesome, but he's doing this largely against rec teams. The talent differential between him and his opponents is staggering. And that speaks less about his (obviously high ceiling) and more about the dregs of the AAC.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
LOL, Ray is on a level with Allen Iverson. Was in college too as a NPOY finalist. Bouk has to dominate agaisnt good teams first.

ECU is equivalent to 90's Marathon Oil. The entirety of the AAC isn't much better.

We are happy to have had both, but Bouk is just getting started.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
One of the hardest workers in the Calhoun era, RA returned a consistently better leader and player.
As a leader, I always felt Ray was a great shooter.

Reaction Score
But I don’t remember the acrobatic putbacks and flushes that we’ve seen from Bouknight during Ray’s freshman year Or later. Now he had more talent around him but Bouk’s offensive efficiency is very good. Since Ray had a pretty fair NBA career what might this mean about the next level for him? They are similar in size, same position so I thought a comparison at this stage after 1 year was in order.

It's funny you post this. I've been thinking we haven't had anyone with the same acrobatics since Ray Allen. He had some immensely awesome layups and finishes.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
How do you have RA number retired and not have Ben Gordon on the wall? Travisty
Ben was in his serious mental funk when the jersey hanging should have happened. Timing wasn't right. Now that he's on the road back to mental health, it's going to happen soon.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It appears that James jumped higher than any of Ray's dunks. Might even been higher than Westbrook.

Reaction Score
The z
That Big East tournament championship run when Okafor was out, he was terrific.

Reaction Score
It's funny you post this. I've been thinking we haven't had anyone with the same acrobatics since Ray Allen. He had some immensely awesome layups and finishes.
Jerome dyson, Rudy gay, Stanley Robinson , Tony Robertson - we ve had guys. Bouk does this next year in BE and continues this trajectory then we can begin to think about having that convo. Let’s go bouk!!!

Reaction Score
The best player I have ever seen in a Uconn uniform is Ray Allen

As far as dunks go we need to remember it was a different time and a different coach . Calhoun hated the olly opp with a passion He. didn't want to see it unless we were up by 20

Reaction Score
Jerome dyson, Rudy gay, Stanley Robinson , Tony Robertson - we ve had guys. Bouk does this next year in BE and continues this trajectory then we can begin to think about having that convo. Let’s go bouk!!!

I meant those acrobatic lay ups and lay ins, not the dunks. Agree with your point though.

Reaction Score
Pretty fair?? Ray is a hall of famer. Bouknight is not in the same league as Allen. He reminds me more of Lamb, let's not forget how good Lamb was. Lamb was a lottery pick.
Called tongue in cheek. Just comparing them at end freshman year. No disrespect to Ray.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Ray is in the HoF
enough said

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Watching Ray Allen power dunk for over 6 minutes and questioning that post jibsey ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom